Sign in to follow this  
The Aquatic Land Walrus

Where do you all go to get your sweet loots?

So, I've been looking at videos and screenshots of people in DayZ, and it is just staggering how well geared many of them are. Am I just stupid, or is there a good way to get loot very quickly?

I'm talking about military camo clothing, high-tier primaries like the AK series or other useful primaries?

My personal strategy is to travel along the coast until I get to a place like Nizhoynee, trying to find a firearm in the little "gun cabins". Then, once I have food and preferably a pack/weapon, I head inland, going from city to city to loot up until I get to Stary Sobor. By that time, I usually have mid-tier weaponry, clothing and about 8-10 cans of food. I'll then head to the Military base, and then the NWAF. For all the mlg loot pros out there, is this a good looting route? Is there too much of a risk due to snipers, etc?

What are all of your favorite looting routes?

This is slightly irrelevant, but how do you all move while going from city to city?  How do you move while in a city? Do you full on sprint and risk a massive lack of accuracy? Do you kill anyone you see? Because I find that it takes ~30 seconds to get my aim back after a full sprint, and I'm worried that it could mess me up in the event of a firefight.

Sorry if this is a lot of questions, but I'm only in the process of learning how to play in large player servers. Over the 30 or so hours I've played since Friday, I haven't gotten into a single firefight. I want to be ready.

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

I kill pathetic bambi killers and that is how I get all my AKMs, M4s, and Smersh Vests and stuff. :P

I kill pathetic bambi killers and that is how I get all my AKMs, M4s, and Smersh Vests and stuff. :P

Haven't seen any *NEWSPAWN! killers in my DayZ romps.

If you just go inland, there aren't any other people, so you can loot up very easily. 

• Like 1

If you just go inland, there aren't any other people, so you can loot up very easily. 

Even when I do go inland, I generally find all the military areas are looted already.

Even when I do go inland, I generally find all the military areas are looted already.

Persistence ON servers take quite a long time to respawn loot, so playing Pers. OFF servers helps if you want to improve your chances of not missing something that didn't spawn back on the last reset.

Persistant off server, recently restarted, at weird times (like 3am-8am), usually go in with a partner on the 3-15 player servers, that way we loot quicker and usually we spread so if someone runs into someone else we can flank and kill them for the loot they've already taken from the area (Unless they're cool, then we'll ask which way they've come from and which way they're going, and if they combat log we'll go in there and just kill them).

Depending on where we spawn depends on where we start.

If we spawn in North East coast (Berez, Svet, Novo) we go to Cernaya Polana loot up on the necessaries then go:

NE Airfield, Kras, Gorka, Stary for food/water/clothes/meds, Dichina Mil Base, then either NW Airfield or straight to Green Mountain, Zeleno, Pavlovo Mil Base, Balota, then either straight into the PVP in Cherno or meet up with everyone else and spread the loot to the gang because we're a family and have to feed each other's need to kill with bullets.

If we spawn South West Coast we make sure its a pretty low pop server (1-6 players), loot for necessaries in Electro/Cherno then go the opposite way from the one above and just skip out on: NE Airfield, Kras, Gorka and that general side of the map.

You can also (if your not against it) change servers when you get to one side then go back, or if you find a person and you know which way they came from change servers and keep going.

If your after choppers green mountain, Dichina base and NW airfield are good spots to look.

Check ALL THE BARRACKS, especially under the beds and on top of the blue lockers, lots of people miss those spots. (Depending on the update and if they're working) Tents are really good for ammo.

The most important tip for looting though when you're on low pop servers is "YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT THE ONLY ONE THERE ON A LOOT RUN." the chances of those other people on, doing/going to the same places as you is extremely high. (Its either their loot running as well, or they're new and are just running around picking up painkiller and bleach in some random town.)

This is the way myself and everyone who we've taught or played with have done it, it works well for us. You could also get a shotty and go into a high pop server in cherno and blast some faces off.

There's a few ways:

1. Get lucky with spawns.
  2. Get lucky finding a well geared corpse.
  3. Survive for a long time and run a long way. There's a few jails, military barracks, etc you can hit traveling from Cherno apts up on the hill -> Balota -> military base -> NWAF and then back again. I've done this a few times but I've found it's a lot of running to loot whore and lose easily.
  4. Server hop (lame).
  5. Get lucky (or be skilled like Anthony Kongphan) and kill a few fairly geared people.

I just get the very basics like an SKS and go for a military hot-zone, log out, find a freshly restarted server, join it, sit back and wait for the hoppers.

The cloth are easy....The Ak is the only tricky part. Mil Clothing drops in a good amount on Junkyards.My fav is the one at Chernaýa Polana. Assault Vests are quite common in the 3 story Barns highest level. Done with Military Clothes without entering a Danger Zone.