Sign in to follow this  
shipwreck117

military Checkpoints

Here is an idea that I have had for a while and think that it would add a lot to the game

We all know about the elusive heli crash site. It is there where you can get the rare weapons and gear. I think that in addition to the heli sites that there should be another type of event called military or even UN checkpoints in some of the bigger cities, like Zeleno, Cherno, electro, novo, etc. What i had in mind was somewhere along the lines of having 2-3 cites, it can be randomized just like the heli sites, with a couple of checkpoints around them as if that city was being quarantined or evacuated.  In these checkpoints could be some of these same unique weapons and gear that way gameplay is focused more on the parts of the map that arent as militarily developed while adding cool events to discover.

• Like 3

What about instead of weapons, medicine and food? A UN thing where they gave out medicine, food and water. If some meds are made rare later in development (Like antibiotics in the mod), this could be a good place to get them, besides hospitals and clinics, which would have lower end meds. And we already know that canned food will be much more rare later in development, you could stock up on them here if you are lucky enough to run into a UN checkpoint.

• Like 3

How about some MRE's?

YES! It would spawn MRE's, which would have to be added first

What about instead of weapons, medicine and food? A UN thing where they gave out medicine, food and water. If some meds are made rare later in development (Like antibiotics in the mod), this could be a good place to get them, besides hospitals and clinics, which would have lower end meds. And we already know that canned food will be much more rare later in development, you could stock up on them here if you are lucky enough to run into a UN checkpoint.

Dude...excellent idea. How about un checkpoints AND maybe some med centers set up around the map? like have between 2 and 4 through out the map. like aybe 1 checkpoint and 3 med bays or maybe a combo inbetween. IDK it would be an awsome idea!

Dude...excellent idea. How about un checkpoints AND maybe some med centers set up around the map? like have between 2 and 4 through out the map. like aybe 1 checkpoint and 3 med bays or maybe a combo inbetween. IDK it would be an awsome idea!

Well, I feel like UN checkpoints with western weps and the heli crashes together would be overkill. I suppose if they were really rare (one every couple servers) it would be ok. With the med/food centers, I feel like 2 max per server, probably 1, as we don't want a lot of food and rare meds flooding the hive

Well, I feel like UN checkpoints with western weps and the heli crashes together would be overkill. I suppose if they were really rare (one every couple servers) it would be ok. With the med/food centers, I feel like 2 max per server, probably 1, as we don't want a lot of food and rare meds flooding the hive

That also true. dont wanna overkill the rare items. I think 1 or 2 med centers or whatever a server and maybe a couple of checkpoints

Why ?

There already is far too much military loot, checkpoints would only add to this problem.

Why ?

There already is far too much military loot, checkpoints would only add to this problem.

Yeah, thats why I think the med/food centers should be there, not mil checkpoints. Although maybe western weps could have a really small chance of spawning at these food things

Why ?

military equipment...maybe, military weapons especially mags? no

military equipment...maybe, military weapons especially mags? no

Yeah I would for the most part agree, but isn't that for the best? You really don't want every average joe running around with AKs, or even SKSs. Ideally, even civil weaponry should be kinda hard to find

What this guys said is spot on with my feels... NOT WEAPONS... please... though i do understand taking emphasis off the mil locations.. I spose maybe spawning the odd pistol at the check point perhaps

For a game that's suppose to be about survival, the devs sure have missed the mark on survival but as it is still alpha I'm certain, at least hope, the devs will tone down the Rambo spawns at some point.

Edited by Caboose187