Sign in to follow this  
cloggeddrain

Hardcoded 4 hour restarts?

This is a response I received from ViLayer's customer support:

The default restarts are DSA global restarts and is this way for all host who offer DayZ standalone servers.
This is something the developers have hard coded in to the server files and is not something Vilayer has setup.

DSA servers restart every 4 hours starting at 12am GMT. These restarts can not be edited or removed.

So the devs have hard coded server restarts that can not be disabled?  Can anybody confirm this to be true?  I'm specifically curious if this is happening on servers hosted elsewhere.

Edited by OhBilly

That is correct. You can add more restarts but you cannot have less than every 4 hours. It happens on all servers without fail and will continue to be like that I would say until at least BETA

Thanks Vex, I appreciate the clarification.  

Good. There were way too many uber-loot one and two hour restart servers.

Edit: Nevermind. 

Edited by Rags

Good. There were way too many uber-loot one and two hour restart servers.

I think those still exist; I think what Nex was saying was that, you can set the server to restart more often, i.e. the 1 or 2 hour restarts, but you CAN'T have restarts LESS often, like every 6-8 hours. Not sure, but that's what I got from it.

To clarify, the servers come with a script that executes a restart if the server runs for more than 4 hours (usually around 4 hrs 15 mins), so you're free to set up a 2-, 3-, or even 4-hour schedule as you like, with intervals from any time of day you like. PM me if you need help writing a scheduler script.