Sign in to follow this  
NoPaEr10

Restart all settings

Is there a way to restart all config settings and such without having to reinstall the Game? I dont want to reinstall it cuz I want to keep my played-hours on ;D

I dont want to reinstall it cuz I want to keep my played-hours on ;D

Those will not be deleted. Ever. It's not stored on your Computer, it's stored in the Steam-DB, which you will never be able to control / manipulate.

Other than that, go to your "Documents"-folder and search for the "DayZ" Folder. Delete the folder with your username and everything should be reset (controls / video / audio / game - settings)

• Like 3

This actually presents the perfect place for a question of mine xD

I owned this game since the release, but around Christmas of 14, I got a new desktop, and when I reinstalled the game, it had some new controls. I've already learned them pretty well, but the main thing that bothers me is that I cannot doubletap the "w" key to sprint. I've already tried setting it up again, but couldn't. Did I do it wrong, is their a certain way to do it (If so, how?), or can I never revert back?

This actually presents the perfect place for a question of mine xD

I owned this game since the release, but around Christmas of 14, I got a new desktop, and when I reinstalled the game, it had some new controls. I've already learned them pretty well, but the main thing that bothers me is that I cannot doubletap the "w" key to sprint. I've already tried setting it up again, but couldn't. Did I do it wrong, is their a certain way to do it (If so, how?), or can I never revert back?

I had the same exact problem with the "W" key. You have to pause your game, go to settings, control, assignments, under movement press on fast forward NOT TURBO and press the "W" button twice. this should work,

I had the same exact problem with the "W" key. You have to pause your game, go to settings, control, assignments, under movement press on fast forward NOT TURBO and press the "W" button twice. this should work,

Fast forward? xD Alrighty, that woulda done it, thanks! :)