apoc_dmz

Black screen while game still running

So, I start DayZ through steam and after the splash screen the screen goes black, I can hear the game running and in the task manager it says its running fine.

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit updated

16 GB ram

i7-4790 CPU

Nvidia GTX 970

Anyone have any suggestions please?

So, I start DayZ through steam and after the splash screen the screen goes black, I can hear the game running and in the task manager it says its running fine.

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit updated

16 GB ram

i7-4790 CPU

Nvidia GTX 970

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Dude this bug has been a BIS staple since arma 2, I have never heard a good explanation as to what causes it or any real fixes. Google "arma black screen" to see what i mean

hey man

there is a thread around here(and a lot more) http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/176140-crash-to-destkop-game-minimizes/page-2?hl=%2Bcrash+%2Bto+%2Bdesktop#entry1811171

there are some suggestions to lower some settings and get longer play times but at the moment the game crashes on certain GPU's

i have recently upgraded my 260M to a 750Ti and i still haven't had a crash(played around 4 hours)

but sometimes on my old card i could play for days without it crashing so, still trying it out

what seemed to help me most was disabling anti aliasing and post processing like that

give it a shot man!!

Sounds like your game has troubles with its graphic settings ( as you can hear the game running ). Locate your config file and follow the guidelines posted here