Sign in to follow this  
gankaskon

"Failed to start Battleye service". I've tried everything

When I try to start DayZ after the recent .53 patch I get this error.

The battleye window says

Installing Battleye Service Successfully

installed Battleye service

Failed to start battleye service

This message repeats. I have uninstalled and re installed. Deleted every DayZ and Battleye folder off my computer. I've restarted. I've tried running everything as admin and allowed everything to do with BE through my firewall. I've tried everything I can think of or find online to fix the problem.

Anyone? I don't get why I seem to be the only one who can't get past this. Even Battleye didn't give me an answer when I emailed. They just said it was my firewall, which it isn't

It's really disappointing that an anticheat has made my game unplayable

edit: Ended up having to format my drive. So frustrating

Edited by gankaskon

i'm having the same issue and have tried all the same stuff as you, there have been a few other posts but it usually is just someone linking to the battleye web site where they recommend doing what you just said you've tried.

did you installed .net 4 and .net4.5 and installed the vcredist and directx (new library runtimes, not like the webinstaller!) from your dayz game folder?

but dont bother, battleye crippled the player amount to 50%, lot servers are now empty...

and i can't start the game but caused by other problems :weirdosmily:

i have the exact same problem i can load the game after i did a battleye update so i guess i will wait till the next update because i cannot play it which is very annoying