Sign in to follow this  
zedmond

Hipfire and Ironsight Stances

The idea is that there's different, visible animations for firing without and firing with the ironsights. Having your rifle leveled but more relaxed would be about as accurate as shooting without the ironsights is now, whereas when aiming down the sights your head would be tilted and the rifle would be shouldered.Nmx2GQQ.pngl

The idea is that if someone's holding you at gunpoint, there's some kind of indication as to when they plan to take an accurate shot. You could stay at gunpoint and gamble as to whether they miss, or wait for them to move to aim down the sights to make your move.

• Like 4

If this can be done without adding 30 controls prior to be able to shoot your weapon, I would like to see this ingame ;).

I've wondered if this would be implemented or not.  Thanks for joining the forums and posting it as a suggestion.  Awesome first post, and greetings to the forums.  :thumbsup:  :beans: 

And for the Colt Python/Magnum the true hipfire:

hezhenqj.jpg

:D

(and also the ability to fan the revolver = moving the hand over the hammer while having the trigger pulled back => being able to shoot faster, but less accurate)

fanning.jpgml23e8xj.gif 

But srsly, really good suggestion that "improves" the game!

(though I think it has already been suggested somewhere sometime before)

Edited by irishroy

If this can be done without adding 30 controls prior to be able to shoot your weapon, I would like to see this ingame ;).

It wouldn't be adding new controls to the system as it is now, it'd work exactly the same. It's just when you or another player looks down their sights, the character model that represents them would take on a stance or pose to represent that you are looking down your sights.

The way it is now, it's just the perspective of the player who aims down the sights that gets changed. Raising and aiming have the exact same animation which is a little weird. If you think about it, it's like the character's eyes kind of just gravitate out of their head and go down to look at the sights of the weapon.

I mean stance as a general term, I don't mean to reference the stance system in Arma 3, as much as I love that system.

Edited by Zedmond

There is a visible difference between shouldered and aiming though, being the aimed version is the rifle raised slightly higher for a cheek weld with the head tilted.

Would this replace a rifle when you have it lowered but shouldered or would it replace our current shouldered and ready to fire without aiming?

Are you suggesting a aiming stance like this ?

6TcHYUR.jpg

Where you arent completely lined up but have the weapon ready and can hit at close ranges ?

I would like to keep the "weapon in fire position but not aiming down the sights" we got right now. However, shooting from a relaxed stance might cause your character to use hipfire instead of entering the former stance being less accurate but also not slowing down movement as much. The "aimed" stance should have the lowered head described in the OP.

In terms of mechanics I think one of gibonez former suggestions could work fine here: forced free-aim. In general you should got the least amount when aiming down the sights and the most when firing from your hip. Hipfire might also have increased sway and recoil while also ignoring any effects of buttstock attachments.