Sign in to follow this  
master11388

Happiness (Something that benefits teamplay)

Hey guys, im thought about a new Status like Hunger or Thirst in Dayz that might lead to more random groups/less KOS. (Not that i dislike the way dayz is played at the moment)

Its something like Happiness, which can be archived by sitting at campfires for a longer time with other people (or running around with the same people for a long period (a script that see's that you sticked to the same people for a long time), fishing, farming, hunting, helping people out or anything that makes humans happy (not sure about killing people, maybe characters could develop to like killing people).

To keep it realistic i thought about, that if you are happy you may get hungry (and thirsty) a bit slower (nothing game-breaking). Not really sure about what this condition should bring to be rewarding and realistic.

Maybe someone has a good thought that would add to this.

NOOOOOO, GOD PLEASE NOOOOOOO!

For the hundredth time, no! Stop making these fucking stupid suggestions forcing people to hold hands and such.

What a mean way to state your opinion. Its not about forceing anything. I would like to expand the simulation aspect in DayZ to the point of actually having to care about feelings/reactions to actions. It wouldn't harm bandits in any way.

What a mean way to state your opinion. Its not about forceing anything. I would like to expand the simulation aspect in DayZ to the point of actually having to care about feelings/reactions to actions. It wouldn't harm bandits in any way.

No, this is absolutely retarded.

Personal ethics are something I as a person should possess, not something my character in a game should force on me. If I feel bad about shooting a new spawn, then guess what, I am not going to shoot another, not have my character contemplate suicide because his feelers are hurt.

Good grief, next they'll be asking for acoustic guitars so we can sing kumba-ya around the campfire...

I'm pretty neutral on things like this. Like OP said, it's not an intrusive mechanic as long as there aren't negative effects for being unhappy (so lone wolves and arseholes don't have a cry about it)

It rewards team play IF you choose to team up

I'm pretty neutral on things like this. Like OP said, it's not an intrusive mechanic as long as there aren't negative effects for being unhappy (so lone wolves and arseholes don't have a cry about it)

It rewards team play IF you choose to team up

Team play should be its own reward. If your motivation for it needs to come from a meaningless personal happiness value, then really, you're not a team player, are you?

The beauty of the game is that there are no fixed penalties or rewards for playing a certain way. All that matters is whether or not you're alive. 

Hey guys, im thought about a new Status like Hunger or Thirst in Dayz that might lead to more random groups/less KOS. (Not that i dislike the way dayz is played at the moment)

Its something like Happiness, which can be archived by sitting at campfires for a longer time with other people (or running around with the same people for a long period (a script that see's that you sticked to the same people for a long time), fishing, farming, hunting, helping people out or anything that makes humans happy (not sure about killing people, maybe characters could develop to like killing people).

To keep it realistic i thought about, that if you are happy you may get hungry (and thirsty) a bit slower (nothing game-breaking). Not really sure about what this condition should bring to be rewarding and realistic.

Maybe someone has a good thought that would add to this.

This game is not one to incorporate forces emotions and feelings and reasons to do and not do curtain things.

There's a reason this game is "unscripted"

~Quentin