Sign in to follow this  
DesertSage

Bullets don't go through walls, why do zombie attacks?

What is the reason why zombies can strike through walls?

What is the reason why zombies can strike through walls?

They don't strike through walls. It's purely Desync. on your screen they might be hitting the other side of the wall and be damaging you, but to everyone else the zed would be in the room. All it is is lag, Desync, bad server, etc.

• Like 1

They don't strike through walls. It's purely Desync. on your screen they might be hitting the other side of the wall and be damaging you, but to everyone else the zed would be in the room. All it is is lag, Desync, bad server, etc.

thank you.

Bullets do go through some walls ;)

Tin walls perhaps but they certainly do not have the terminal ballistics fidelity that is shown in Arma 3.

Perhaps in the future they will but for now its basically arma 2 bullet terminal ballistics.

The zombie is not in the house and will also not be when the "desync" is resolved - also for others the zombie appears to be outside.

Its a known bug which got something to do how the hitbox works so far i know.

Any explanation from a DEV would be very welcome :D

The zombie is not in the house and will also not be when the "desync" is resolved - also for others the zombie appears to be outside.

Its a known bug which got something to do how the hitbox works so far i know.

Any explanation from a DEV would be very welcome :D

It is a wellknown and wellexplained bug. Desync can cause a conflict of the position of your character between server and client. The client sees it as the character being safe inside the house, while the server controlled zombie sees the player outside the house and attacks it.

By the way, pressing v to vault reestablishes synchronisation, as the game needs the exact position of the player to figure out how the vault carries out, and like magic the zombies outside stops hitting the character inside.

• Like 3

Two words "collision boxes"

In case you're wondering what a "collision box" is try:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounding_volume

probably wont help unless you're that kind of freak.. but that's what a 3D game is about (well, ya know,  its a starter to what it's about)

The spatial definition of your character (which has to be larger than your 'human-visible' character) can clip a wall so that the zombie "sees" you on the other side of the wall

For the same reason - you can kill a player by shooting at the tip of his rifle poking out from cover. Your shot hits the bounding box, the bounding box is the player.

Easy answer - if there are zombies outside  Stay Away From The Walls

xx pilgrim

ps Badash - interesting: beanz

Edited by pilgrim

It is a wellknown and wellexplained bug. Desync can cause a conflict of the position of your character between server and client. The client sees it as the character being safe inside the house, while the server controlled zombie sees the player outside the house and attacks it.By the way, pressing v to vault reestablishes synchronisation, as the game needs the exact position of the player to figure out how the vault carries out, and like magic the zombies outside stops hitting the character inside.

That sir is a brilliant tip!

Tin walls perhaps but they certainly do not have the terminal ballistics fidelity that is shown in Arma 3.

I just recently starting messing around with Arma 3 Epoch and that took me by surprise.  It makes you think a little hard about that flimsy picket fence one would normally hide behind.

I just recently starting messing around with Arma 3 Epoch and that took me by surprise.  It makes you think a little hard about that flimsy picket fence one would normally hide behind.

The terminal ballistics are even nastier on other maps such as chenarus where the buildings consist of wooden houses. 5.56 and .308 eat those houses for breakfast the terminal ballistics are fantastic imo.

The only thing it needs is some kind of visual indicator to show the player the bullet entering the house and the direction.

JadedDenseAplomadofalcon.gif

Counter strike does it nicely.

Eh, I think it's fine to draw a line on wall penetration.  Arma 2 epoch/overpoch devolved into machine gun spraying houses and people calling it "wall banging."  I think some expanded penetration mechanics would be nice, and hopefully we won't see the prevalence of LMGs we saw in the mod but I don't want to see pvp devolve into just spraying houses from outside.