r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.4

When I try to go onto my favourite server it says " you are running an incorrect version of days please reinstall dayz"

You may have to wait for the server to update. Check the servername for the version its running..

I've also read elsewhere that DayZ launcher in addition to DayZ Commander is not updated for 1.8.4 either.  This is most likely why server population is so low.  None of the server browsers/launchers players use are updating.

DayZCommander shouldn't be used anymore at this point anyway. It hasn't been updated since July last year and causes all sorts of issues.

They seem to be updated now.

20:06 my time they were updated (2 hours, 9 Minutes ago)

• Like 1

I agree, the new temp system is working great except for movement not keeping you warm.  Unfortunately I also agree with the sentiment that this bug, if not fixed ASAP, could be the death blow to the mod.  Population has been dwindling on popular servers, and this bug really is a game breaker.........

This may very well have been done on purpose.

Think about it: this would mean much more $ for the devs if they 'force' players to get the standalone (by 'introducing' all kinds of game breaking features in updates of the free mod)

Most probably this is also the reason they are taking their sweet time with the standalone, they give hope that someday it will be good, and more and more people buy it... but that's another topic...

Think about it: this would mean much more $ for the devs if they 'force' players to get the standalone (by 'introducing' all kinds of game breaking features in updates of the free mod)

Most probably this is also the reason they are taking their sweet time with the standalone, they give hope that someday it will be good, and more and more people buy it... but that's another topic...

This is just stupid.

The devs of the mod and the devs of DayZ SA are two different teams and one of the teams are actually employees. Making money. The devs of the mod don't make money from it and do it in their spare time.

I got a blank server list today. Not a single server showing up. So I guess there might have been some sort of update today?  I thought this would be the place to find out. Right, I think I better start searching the rest of the forums to find out what's happening. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

I got a blank server list today. Not a single server showing up. So I guess there might have been some sort of update today?  I thought this would be the place to find out. Right, I think I better start searching the rest of the forums to find out what's happening. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

What I usually do is go to the Remote tab on the multiplayer menu and fill in the server info so it'll always show up. Just like US 434 :)

• Like 1

didn't know this...

I would gladely stand corrected if I am wrong   :)

Edited by vinyljunkie

None of us work for SA at all, None of us get paided, up until this year i had to pay to keep the mod going. Anytime we find a major game breaking bug we do our best to fix as fast as we can. As an example the temperature was fixed within a few hours. The issue happened because i did a quick part update to include the new translations and the crossbow parts. Then pushed direct to Eugen becuase the files we sent two weeks ago walked away shurgs.

Anyhow any other news on temperature issues?

didn't know this...

Do your research first then, because I personally find this rather insulting, spending my free time on this without even being paid nor affiliated with the DayZ SA (apart from being a Moderator for the Forum - for free - in my free time.)

Where missing military zed's ? I do not see them in the barracks, cs, etc.

Can confirm, did not see any military zombies, even at a crash site there were only civilians.

Can confirm, did not see any military zombies, even at a crash site there were only civilians.

Ok ty ill take a look.

Anyhow any other news on temperature issues?

Yes! We have been testing for a while now and the issue seems to be the wind factor:

+//Positive effects  27 +_vehicle_factor = .5; //5  28 +_moving_factor = 6.3; // 4  29 +_fire_factor = 19;	//Should be always:  _rain_factor + _night_factor + _wind_factor OR higher !  30 +_building_factor = 3; //7  31 +_sun_factor = 3;	//max sunfactor linear over the day. highest value in the middle of the day  32 +  33 +  34 +//Negative effects  35 +_water_factor = 12; //12  36 +_rain_factor = 6; //6  37 +_night_factor = 6; //6  38 +_wind_factor = 7; //6  39 +_stand_factor = 3; //6  40 + 

Since wind is set to affect the char negatively by 7 it means you can't run yourself warm if it is windy, I played for a good couple of hours and didn't loose any temperature at all then suddenly it started dropping even though I was moving around alot running and such. This might explain the inconsistent results from different servers (depending on how windy it is on the server).  I have set wind to 6 now and will test this for a while.

Thanks for a great patch btw, there are so many awesome fixes (zed spawns, you need a lever to fix an axe and the nutrition system not being so harsh and so on).

I am loving it and besides the minor temperature issue this is the best patch in a long time imo.

Thanks!

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity - what happens when you stay in houses or vehicles?

Yes! We have been testing for a while now and the issue seems to be the wind factor:

+//Positive effects  27 +_vehicle_factor = .5; //5  28 +_moving_factor = 6.3; // 4  29 +_fire_factor = 19;	//Should be always:  _rain_factor + _night_factor + _wind_factor OR higher !  30 +_building_factor = 3; //7  31 +_sun_factor = 3;	//max sunfactor linear over the day. highest value in the middle of the day  32 +  33 +  34 +//Negative effects  35 +_water_factor = 12; //12  36 +_rain_factor = 6; //6  37 +_night_factor = 6; //6  38 +_wind_factor = 7; //6  39 +_stand_factor = 3; //6  40 + 

Since wind is set to affect the char negatively by 7 it means you can't run yourself warm if it is windy, I played for a good couple of hours and didn't loose any temperature at all then suddenly it started dropping even though I was moving around alot running and such. I have set wind to 6 now and will test this for a while. This might explain the inconsistent results from different servers (depending on how windy it is on the server).

Thanks for a great patch btw, there are so many awesome fixes (zed spawns, you need a lever to fix an axe and the nutrition system not being so harsh and so on).

I am loving it and besides the minor temperature issue this is the best patch in a long time imo.

Thanks!

When you enter a building it removes the negative 7 from wind same as when you enter a vehicle you gain an extra .5 positive. If the sun is out while it's windy your ganing moving + sun. If its raining and windy enter a building to remove both effects.

Having a vehicle removes a ton of effects including the night/day system

Out of curiosity - what happens when you stay in houses or vehicles?

Your temperature rises. Wich is good.

When you enter a building it removes the negative 7 from wind same as when you enter a vehicle you gain an extra .5 positive. If the sun is out while it's windy your ganing moving + sun. If its raining and windy enter a building to remove both effects.

Having a vehicle removes a ton of effects including the night/day system

So the wind setting 7 is intentional then? Meaning players are forced sitting in houses, making up fireplaces or getting in to vehicles as soon as it's windy. And if they can't do any of the above they will die.

Correct?

Just trying to understand how you intend it to be.

Edited by vinyljunkie

So the wind setting 7 is intentional then? Meaning players are forced sitting in houses, making up fireplaces or getting in to vehicles as soon as it's windy. And if they can't do any of the above they will die.

Correct?

Not that extreme, but you understand the concept.

• Like 1

Correct?

The negative values you have are 100% messed up so ignore what they say. Think of what you would do in RL to some degree

rain = cold

Wind = cold

Fire = hot

Running = hot

Sun = hot

Night = cold

Vehicle = positive effects, no negative

Now balance them to work :-) really not alot more to them :-)

Ps ill be enabling an override so server admins can disable for now if they point blank dont wont to try and help correct.

The negative values you have are 100% messed up so ignore what they say. Think of what you would do in RL to some degree

rain = cold

Wind = cold

Fire = hot

Running = hot

Sun = hot

Night = cold

Vehicle = positive effects, no negative

Now balance them to work :-) really not alot more to them :-)

Ps ill be enabling an override so server admins can disable for now if they point blank dont wont to try and help correct.

Hey I agree and I like the new addition of the weather effects, it adds yet another element that can't be ignored. It's what the mod should be about, survival.

Don't get me wrong, I love the mod and I have big faith in you developers. That's why I run Europa as a pure vanilla dayz mod server. And me and my fellow admins want to help.

I am just trying to get my head around this and what you want to achieve with it.

I have set wind to 6 (from 7) and it feels nice. You easily get cold if sitting still and especially if there is wind. You have to move and running gets you warm after about 20 mins.

Also I would like to try this at night time and hopefully we will have some rain as well.

Keep it up!

100 / 6(wind) is going to be 16 minutes to get cold without any other effects. I think its a little too short.

//Positive effects
_vehicle_factor = 2;
_fire_factor = 15;
_moving_factor =   1.9;
_building_factor =   1.5;
_sun_factor = 2;

//Negative effects
_water_factor = 8;
_stand_factor = 2;
_rain_factor = 3;
_night_factor = 1.5;
_wind_factor = 2;

all should be 100 / number = now long from min to max or max to min depending what your working out.

Ps guys im not having a go at anyone im just trying to get this hotfix done before the SA guys leave the office for the weekend.