Sign in to follow this  
irl-calibre

morphine for appetite suppression

when finding myself in the most unpleasant situation 

cbOjwKt.jpg

I though wouldn't it be great if you could use morphine for appetite suppression?

• Like 1

Very interesting idea, but wouldn't you need to have been taking it regularly for some time for it to have this effect?

Very interesting idea, but wouldn't you need to have been taking it regularly for some time for it to have this effect?

Maybe. But isn't this something DayZ needs? Habits like this would give your character more personality. Things like this will make people look for more loot that just food and weapons. Make so the character gets addicted after a while (cigarets please add ;)) you get a reward because you don't have to eat as much. BUT now you have to find morphine, or something else, instead to keep your character from shaking A LOT and maybe see a bit grayer.

Sorry Calibre. I'm taking over your suddgestion here :D

Addiction sounds more annoying than anything else.

*I want heroin*

Too fucking bad, that was a one time thing, guy

You would still be starving, you just wouldn't feel it.  Appetite is your desire to eat.  Hunger is your need to eat.

• Like 5

meh, i'm just thinking something simple maybe slow the rate at which you starve to death for 5/10 minutes to give you extra time to find some nurishment. dunno about suddenly chasing dragons round Chernarus tbf.  

Is my character conscious of their weight or something that they need to curb their appetite?

Maybe. But isn't this something DayZ needs? Habits like this would give your character more personality. Things like this will make people look for more loot that just food and weapons. Make so the character gets addicted after a while (cigarets please add ;)) you get a reward because you don't have to eat as much. BUT now you have to find morphine, or something else, instead to keep your character from shaking A LOT and maybe see a bit grayer.

Yeah i definitely would like to see addiction I was only saying that injecting morphine when you're starving probably wouldn't help much.

You would still be starving, you just wouldn't feel it.  Appetite is your desire to eat.  Hunger is your need to eat.

But should status effects signify actual body condition or what it feels like?

Surely it's unrealistic to know when you are healthy and energized and it instead means that you feel healthy and energized?

Status messages at least ("i feel hungry"), are feelings rather than needs and would therefore be effected by appetite suppressors like morphine. Exactly what utility this suppression of status messages would have i don't know but it would be an interesting detail nonetheless.

Yeah i definitely would like to see addiction I was only saying that injecting morphine when you're starving probably wouldn't help much.

But should status effects signify actual body condition or what it feels like?

Surely it's unrealistic to know when you are healthy and energized and it instead means that you feel healthy and energized?

Status messages at least ("i feel hungry"), are feelings rather than needs and would therefore be effected by appetite suppressors like morphine. Exactly what utility this suppression of status messages would have i don't know but it would be an interesting detail nonetheless.

Well until they can do a brain link with video games that won't kill us or end up the plot of some anime(s) we'll have to put up with 'knowing' through status conditions.  And as said earlier they'll work on something better, what we have is placeholder.