Sign in to follow this  
foiki

Suggestion for the Future (Survival)

First of all, i know this game is in Alpha and its been worked on, so this is more a Suggestion for the Future.

In the current state DayZ is more like a big Deathmatch (Alpher, Alpher!!) and i really miss the Survival Aspect.

It seems that people, after they spawned, looking for weapons an KoS the shit out of everyone.

Well here is my suggestion.

Dont spawn Hungry anymore, for that reduce the spawn of food radical. So people need to grow plants, or maybe go hunting and Craft a Bow + Campfire.

E: sorry bad english.

Edited by FriendlyFarmer

I understand your thoughts but I'm not sure if this would solve the problem. Reduced foot will make people kill for food instead of boredom... I think that people need something to do, aside from looting and pvp. Farming and all that stuff could still help with that. A finished persistence mechanic is what might actually help to get there. If you have a camp and are looting for a reason, for example to find stuff to improve your base or repair a car, I think it's more likely that pvp will reduce a little.

I see boredom and the fear of loosing everything as the motivations of KoS, a base to store backup supplies/equipment could help here. Dayz will never be a friendly place full of rainbows and unicorns, which is a good thing, but a little more interaction would be nice

Ehhh.. Back to the same assumptions that people pvp because there is nothing to do. If there was nothing to do, I wouldn't buy the game, and definitely would not spend 316 hours (as of now) in it. How about this for a suggestion, loot stays pretty much as is (I like the balance now, actually), all the farming options and survival aspects will be added, and if you want to have a peaceful Bear Grylls\Farmville playthrough just stay away from the PVP zones. If you want to take a stroll through Elektro\Berezino in a full server do it at your own risk.

Edited by ValentinBk

Ehhh.. Back to the same assumptions that people pvp because there is nothing to do. If there was nothing to do, I wouldn't buy the game, and definitely would not spend 316 hours (as of now) in it. How about this for a suggestion, loot stays pretty much as is (I like the balance now, actually), all the farming options and survival aspects will be added added, and if you want to have a peaceful Bear Grylls\Farmville playthrough just stay away from the PVP zones. If you want to take a stroll through Elektro\Berezino in a full server do it at your own risk.

PVP is probably done because the players are psychopaths waiting to snap. The Developers just WANT you to think it is done out of boredom.

But the mind set for all players is not going to change, and I like that.