Sign in to follow this  
Cannon76

"Authentication Timeout" Please Help

I recently updated to the newest DayZ build today.  It did a BattleEye update as well.  I have not played for about a month or so.  Now when I try to join a server it last for about 30 seconds once loaded then kicks me to the main menu.  It shows the correct BattleEye version in the server messages.  After 30 seconds It kicks me out and sends me back to the Main Menu.  I have tried several servers and yielded the same result.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the game thru Steam.  I have uninstalled and manually installed the BattleEye Client per the directions on the BattleEye website.  I get the same error message in all scenarios.  

I can find nothing in the forums that is of any help.  

Please assist.  

"Confirmation of Changes

Authentication Timeout"

BattleEye Client:v1.223

DayZ version 0.52.126010

Edited by Cannon76

Try moving and saving the 3 files found in Docs/My Docs/DayZ.

name           DAYZPROFILE

"       " .vars  DAYZPROFILE

DayZ            CFG

Start Steam and let DayZ recreate the above files and/or verify the game cache using the Steam tool provided.

You will need to reset your Game Options / video + key binds.

If error copy back the previously saved files.

Also check for DayZ Other Profiles in Docs/My Docs/DayZ.

UPDATE - Thank you for the attempt to help above.  It is very appreciated.  I wanted to let everyone know that after I made my post I decided I would reboot my PC before trying anything else.  I don't know if the steps I took previously worked in conjunction with the reboot or what, but I was able to play on my first try after that.  I did not need to take any of the further steps as outlined above.  

Thanks!