Keltic89

DayZ Standalone Battleye fails to install

So basically I went to play DayZ the other night after a few months of not touching it and nothing happened. It updated and constantly did so over and over so I eventually uninstalled, wiped everything off my computer and started over and reinstalled.

Now what I get is Battleye coming up and saying it must be installed to play, blah blah blah, and asking me to accept the EULA. I accept. A black MSDOS screen pops up adn says "Installing Battleye service. Failed to install Battleeye service." The game will then exit.

If I click "no" I am able to go in game and see the servers but cannot connect to any because I get the same prompt from Battleye. 

I've set all permissions accordingly, wiped the roaming folder and did everything imaginable. What am I missing?

Edited by Keltic89

Hello,

Let me start by saying I have been all over Google the past 4 days since my purchase of Dayz, trying to figure out a solution to my problem. In short, I installed steam, bought dayz SA, and haven't been able to play it since. I have watched videos regarding deletions and verifying caches, and still nada.

Bare in mind, I'm not the best with computer but I consider myself better than my 50 year old mom with them. I have turned off my firewall and anti virus, I am only user on computer so i am running as an admin, I have made sure the battleeye.dll have administrative privledges. I have reinstalled steam and Dayz, and manually downloaded file from battleye.com.

Someone please help. I have been able to get as far as launching Dayz, customize video settings and character in menu. But as soon as I join a server I get kicked for not having battleeye. Thank you in advance.

Same exact problem. I just made a new thread about it. Please help us!

I've merged Topics.

Are you running on a wi-fi connection ?

Make sure your connection is not dropping, some have reported this to be a problem.

You should remove your config files in My Docs/DayZ (3 files), you will have to reset your preferences video/controls if you do this.

*Also check in C:/User/yourname/AppData/Local/DayZ + remove the file in the BattlEye folder.

You had better post your system specs and do a ping test to make sure there is no packet loss.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186540-my-dayz-crashed-what-do-i-do/#entry2208349

Come back if all this fails.

I also have this problem, but weird fact, i was playing like 10 minutes ago... Took a break to go to bathroom, reboot game and now this black window :( FML ! :P

Don't woryr ! I visited almost every topic and post i could find here or over the internet...

But the problem is, im' playing experimental fine all day, to take a break, come back, re-launch the game and bam... Here's that problem...

This happened to me when i went from exp back to stable. Worked for me first time but what I find solves be update issues most times is a simple reboot. The amount of time I've wasted in the past instead of just rebooting trying to fix various be issues is ridiculous.

Same exact problem. I just made a new thread about it. Please help us!

Absolutly the same problem just happened to me (login Kasperofff). 

I didnt play dayz standalone for a while and for now updated the game and checked in the cache. Everything is fine, even i can run the dayz from the home folder. Hovewer i can not connect to any server as battleye has something wrong. When i try to run from the steam i see the black window and pop-up window which ask me to agree with battle eye licence. and when i say yes, it is just stucks and nothing happenes. Here is the window that i got everytime.

http://prntscr.com/79bm5i

I have windows 8.1 and run admin account