Sign in to follow this  
D3ADPULSE

Shot by a garden hoe

So me and a mate finally got killed last night... little shattered had kept this character alive sometime.. anyway

We both spawn back on the coast and not far from one another, so I begin my bambi run to his town in the hopes of banding together once again. As I approach I see his being chased by Hoe wielding freshie, with a single swing my friend goes down to a series of "WTF's" on ts. He keeps claiming he was shot... having seen it go down i tell him it can't be so, but his adamant.

So naturally being a freshie with nothing to lose I prepare to avenge my comrade. The killer and I approach on another via the road, I get with in communication range and prepare to ask why he bludgeoned my mate to death.

He takes the hoe off his should swings it and to my utter horror i am dead.... this time i heard the gunshot just like my friend. We were face to face with a fair distance between us, No way he hit me from there.

Naturally I don't care to much about this as after all this is DAYZ!

However I am curious if anyone else has come across something like this before?

The hoe, if aimed right, is a fearsome weapon. If there are lots of zombies and I don't have an axe, a hoe is what I go for.

As for the sounds? Probably bugged more than a shooting hoe.

The hoe, if aimed right, is a fearsome weapon. If there are lots of zombies and I don't have an axe, a hoe is what I go for.

As for the sounds? Probably bugged more than a shooting hoe.

No doubt the hoe's wrath is to be feared by all.

My issue with this encounter is that with the amount of space between us it was no way shape or form possible for him to have hit me, I mean we were a good 15 yards apart. As for the sound I would be happy to pass it off as a glitch but happening to my friend then me directly after one another? this seems unlikely at best.

• Like 1

No doubt the hoe's wrath is to be feared by all.

My issue with this encounter is that with the amount of space between us it was no way shape or form possible for him to have hit me, I mean we were a good 15 yards apart. As for the sound I would be happy to pass it off as a glitch but happening to my friend then me directly after one another? this seems unlikely at best.

It could well be desync. Dayz isnt so stable at the moment. Just because the guy appears 20m's away on your screen, doesn't mean it's the same on his.

• Like 2

It's always desync bro. Guy flies around in the sky and snipers people - desync, guy sees through walls and moves through walls - desync, guy teleports through the whole map - desync :D

It's just people with access to the server you're playing on. Having access to the server allows you to do very interesting things...

• Like 2

Yeah desync might explain the distance and the visual lag... hence appearing to be shot with a hoe

the joys of the alpha ;D

• Like 1

Regarding the sound melee can still give off the gunshot sound (which it used to do in earlier builds everytime you hit a solid object) if you hit a melee weapon or a rifle they are carrying on their back.

Maybe he had a friend sniping in the treeline, and they were trying to mess with people's heads?

• Like 2

Maybe he had a friend sniping in the treeline, and they were trying to mess with people's heads?

I have to do this now.

It's always desync bro. Guy flies around in the sky and snipers people - desync, guy sees through walls and moves through walls - desync, guy teleports through the whole map - desync :D

It's just people with access to the server you're playing on. Having access to the server allows you to do very interesting things...

Nobobdy really has access to the server. There is a select group of server hosts chosen by Bohemia than you can rent from, and the options you have are minimal. Hackers don't need to have access to the server to hack. I would say it's quite rare for the server admin to be a hacker, since generally people that rent servers do so because they want to play somewhere they can ban hackers.