Sign in to follow this  
EvilTigerAce

Ghillie suit and separate parts.

Is there are difference between the 'Full Ghillie Suit' and only a Ghillie Top and Hood? The bushrag is a cheap version of the top I presume, not possible to wear it with the top. I have a hood and top now, and a wrap around my AKM. But is a full suit better or is it just a top and a hood? If it is I'm going to break down my hood and top to get some strips..

The full suit, turns you into a literal chewbaka

while the normal top only covers a little more than the bushrag.

if You need something to stick on in tactical situations. the bush rag is the way to go.

If you want full sniper bushman sneaky bush hiding powers then go full suit+hood.

If you want something a little cheaper, go for the half suit. top+hood

• Like 1

Hey guys, is it possible to paint the separate parts with a spray can? because you cant paint the full suit, thus making it kinda useless with the basic tan colour

Honestly the basic tan color is a pretty decent color if you stick to hiding in grass around the coast. I run with full suit tan and hood/gun woodland colored. I would probably go woodland all over if it was paintable, but nonetheless each color has it's usefulness. 

Hey guys, is it possible to paint the separate parts with a spray can? because you cant paint the full suit, thus making it kinda useless with the basic tan colour

Each part- hood, wrap, full / bushrag can be painted separately but it does take quite a bit of paint. Green only will get you to woodland while green and an equal amount of black can make mossy. The videos I've watched recommend "woodland" since mossy is a bit dark for a majority of the ambient ground layers. Hrdrok makes a good point about the stock tan colour being good around the coast and it's something I've noticed from working a ghillie in that area. 

Much of the foliage in that area is darker and at a glance a person would think woodland would be more appropriate- however because of the rendering and draw issues, most of that doesn't actually serve to hide you but instead makes you stand out on the relatively light ground overlay currently existing in much of that area. The GROUND is more of a tan colour- and that is what you're trying to blend into at a distance. With that said, as people get closer to you you'll start to stand out a bit more as the surface clutter is filled in around you. 

One thing I noticed was that folks would spray their hood and maybe their wrap and have little paint left over. Spraying the full ghillie with any less than 100% paint can will result in no paint being applied at all (in my experience). The videos I watched recommended having 2 full paint cans (2 full green 2 full black if you plan on going with the mossy) since I think painting all 3 parts generally require > 140%. 

I am carrying paint just in case but I'm going to do some sight testing along the coast to see how it blends in before I paint. I can't see EVER going to mossy... but woodland is a pretty nice middle ground. 

Yeah i just got the ingredients to craft separate parts(top and hood) on hardcore servers, and i already got it painted.
but i think i will stick with the full suit on regular and hope it gets fixed soon, the tan is just so bright... im thinking about playing on night servers till it gets fixed.

Also i dont have it for sniping(and even if so, if youre laying so far from your target that the foliage isnt rendering, it doesnt matter much what youre wearing if it has green colour), but i have the ghillie to not get shot :D