JManL46

Texture Bugs And Mass FPS Drops

What are your specs and are you monitoring the temperatures of your system?

• Like 2

large mechanical hard drive, that has been fragmented?

• Like 1

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750K Quad Core Processor

RAM: 8.00 GB (2.96 GB Usable)

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

4.0GHz AMD Athlon 860K Quad Core Processor, 2GB Radeon R7 240 Graphics Card, 1TB HDD Hard Drive, 8GB 1600mhz RAM,

And yes, I am monitoring my temperatures

Also what does large mechanical hard drive, that has been fragmented? mean

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750K Quad Core Processor

RAM: 8.00 GB (2.96 GB Usable)

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

4.0GHz AMD Athlon 860K Quad Core Processor, 2GB Radeon R7 240 Graphics Card, 1TB HDD Hard Drive, 8GB 1600mhz RAM,

And yes, I am monitoring my temperatures

Also what does large mechanical hard drive, that has been fragmented? mean

Defragging the hard drive is an action you can select in your hard drive options to basically "organize" all of the files. It helps with making it run as fast as possible. That might have something to do with the Texture issues, but probably not the FPS drops. That R7 240 of yours is truly awful, for games like DayZ at least. You should seriously consider a new card with at least 1 GB of GDDR5 ram, that will severly improve your FPS troubles.

Also, your OS is 32 bit, yet you have 8GB of ram. With a 32 bit OS you can only use up to 4GB, for the entire system. You should look into a 64 bit copy of Windows 7.

Best of Luck

Edited by WilBischof

You clearly know nothing about graphics because my card runs any game with at least 20-30 fps which im happy with and 32-bit OS works fine with every game i own and the fps drops come in when the texture bug happens.

You clearly know nothing about graphics because my card runs any game with at least 20-30 fps which im happy with and 32-bit OS works fine with every game i own and the fps drops come in when the texture bug happens.

No, my friend, you are terribly mistaken. if you're happy with your graphics card, fine. Not my problem. (It's probably whats causing the bug though) But, you must understand that you are also not using HALF of your avaliable RAM. You can also acquire 64 Bit Windows by perfectly *cough cough* "legal" means, and doing so will only improve your performance.

You might want to try turning Object Detail up, as that has fixed texture glitches in the past.

P.S: Insulting people's computer knowledge is not a way to get your issue solved  ;)

Edited by WilBischof

I'm here for the fps drops. Mostly in cities but sometimes even in open fields.

The Best part is when someone attacks me and i got like 10fps in a city.

For the past 2 days i died 5times like that.the thing is i only had 4gb of ram.

I upgraded today to 8 but like maby1% better game prefformance?

I uninstalled the game it is beeing downloaded on a freshly formated drive particion gonna try tommorow.

Would u like to know my systém specs?

Edited by B3nny11

Why insult a person for trying to help you. He was only stating fact. The fact is you are trying to play this game with sub par hardware and software. You may be fine with 20-30 fps and thats great, wish I could play that low, I'd save a lot of money. however 20-30 fps is below industry standards and is a sign your setup is struggling. your FPS drop is likely due to the low amount of vram you have being filled up and your pc using the hdd for texture cache. It is comparable to a memory leak. A system will take a lot longer to draw a frame when it has to pull the texture from the HDD. sorry but dems da facts.

• Like 1

system specs always help

AMD FX-8320 stock clock

Asus GeForce gtx970

Kingston hyper x 4+4gb ddr3

Kingston hyper x 120gb ssd

Seagate 500gb hdd

Asus m5a99x evo r2.0

Corsair 750w psu

i mean i even put lower resolution for the game and this didnt help at all. Graphics are set a bit lower than recomended by geforce experience.

I didnt try it yet but i have shadowplay on. Ill try turning that off, but it's set only for the last 5min videos saved to ssd the game is on the hdd.

AMD FX-8320 stock clock

Asus GeForce gtx970

Kingston hyper x 4+4gb ddr3

Kingston hyper x 120gb ssd

Seagate 500gb hdd

Asus m5a99x evo r2.0

Corsair 750w psu

i mean i even put lower resolution for the game and this didnt help at all. Graphics are set a bit lower than recomended by geforce experience.

I didnt try it yet but i have shadowplay on. Ill try turning that off, but it's set only for the last 5min videos saved to ssd the game is on the hdd.

geforce experience is horrible. shadowplay is still in beta and causes heavy fps drops for a lot of people. I get better performance using OBS and so do most of my friends. other things you can do are try using FXAA card side only, meaning in the Nvidia panel turn Antialiasing-Mode: off, and enable FXAA. then In the Video settings in game disable AA and put FXAA on very high. make sure your game is set to the right aspect ratio as well. If doing those two things doesnt help you can try ( Documents>Dayz>DayZ.cfg) find the lines .GPU_MaxFramesAhead=. and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=. change them both to equal 1 exp. "GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;".  Try to look at your CPU and GPU usage during the game. if youre getting low frames and your hardware doesnt have a bottleneck anywhere then the poor performance is server side net code and such and you must wait for the devs to optimize the game.

Upgrade to 64-Bit. Had the same problem and this solved it for me. Cant go into any technical detail but I guess the game clogs up on memory and then recieves data longer than 32 bit/ or a huge amount of data resulting in glitchy graphics.

geforce experience is horrible. shadowplay is still in beta and causes heavy fps drops for a lot of people. I get better performance using OBS and so do most of my friends. other things you can do are try using FXAA card side only, meaning in the Nvidia panel turn Antialiasing-Mode: off, and enable FXAA. then In the Video settings in game disable AA and put FXAA on very high. make sure your game is set to the right aspect ratio as well. If doing those two things doesnt help you can try ( Documents>Dayz>DayZ.cfg) find the lines .GPU_MaxFramesAhead=. and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=. change them both to equal 1 exp. "GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;". Try to look at your CPU and GPU usage during the game. if youre getting low frames and your hardware doesnt have a bottleneck anywhere then the poor performance is server side net code and such and you must wait for the devs to optimize the game.

Long time no online...

Nope m8 none helped. I think that it was even worse when i edited the cfg file...

Yet game reinstal helped in 2fps preformance increase. :D i now have 11fps instead of 9 in cities.

What goes the cpu usage only 4cores are beeing used somwhat ~75% thus the game has access to 8 cores.

The gpu usage is... Actualy i have no idea. :D imma chceck that today.

What goes the ram usage 5-6gb. Also the game crashes less.

ShadowPlay has no effect whatsoever. Same preformance with and without it.

Edited by B3nny11

I get the same problem using 32 bit windows, game freeze, textures drop, no building interiors, low fps. I've seen the texture drop before on arma2 wasteland which i'm guessing was from low memory. DayZ needs to be on 64bit OS to progress no doubt, yet i feel misled as there was no warning of future spec requirements. Am i expected to buy another decent computer 5 years from now to play the final game?