aussieshooter8

Gun Slings

- Must be used to place a weapon on your back. (Either melee or guns.)

- Can be both improvised with a rope or be found in military loot buildings. (Rope slings are slower to draw than the real thing.)

- One melee sling and one gun sling can be used in conjunction with a backpack.

- They are all interchangeable with each other (eg. In order for someone to sling two guns they must forgo a backpack slot or a melee slot.)

- A person cannot sling more than two guns.

- A gun could also be carried in the player's hand while he has two weapons already slung.

I feel that this change would be in keeping with the game's realism factor as currently characters are somehow able to float weapons over their shoulder's without anything holding them in place.

The ability to craft weapon slings from rope makes it so that the change would not be too difficult to get used to as rope is very common. It would add depth to the crafting system while giving the player an opportunity to choose to forgo a melee weapon/backpack to carry a gun to their friend who they may be trying to meet up with. 

This change with also make the Ghillie Suit more relevant by allowing the player to carry some useful equipment despite their inability to carry a backpack, such as a backup automatic weapon for snipers. 

I feel that this change would be best introduced along with a player carry weight system to limit the powerfulness of having two weapons for different circumstances by limiting a player's stamina and speed with the more gear they are carrying. (eg. two weapons and a full backpack would make the character 10-15% slower than a player with no gear whereas a player with a small backpack, melee weapon and gun would only run around 5% slower with a normal stamina.

Anyways this was just an idea I have been thinking about for a while now and I thought I would share it with the community. I'd love to hear everyone's opinions.

Thanks Dayz devs you guys are doing a great job, keep it up!

• Like 2

While I don't care for the esthetics (1st person...), I totally say no to carrying of two long rifles. Especially not when you're allowed to carry a third in your hands.

If you really need an automatic secondary additionally to your long rifle, search for an AKS or MP5. Or let em implement full-auto handguns ;)

Also, there would be no need to forgo a meele weapon for your second Mosin, as all melee weapons fit in your backpack.

If you want to carry a gun to your friend, take it in your hand.

And rope is common. Sometimes. Sometimes it's rare as fuck.

Snipers can carry an AKS in their high cap vest.

So sorry, no to slings this way. I'd like then only for esthetics, so they had to appear "magically" when you but a weapon on your back.

There would also be a lot of "realism" issues with slings.

Can you sling every weapon to your back? Then why not other stuff? Why not more then two? Will you get hurt if you carry a machete or an axe? Couldn't it damage your backpack and clothes?

I'm also pretty sure if you sprint with to slings, at least one will fall off. And if you keep em in place with your hands, you can't run that good.

Don't get me wrong - I'm in for realism but I'm also in for this is a game! Why can't I just leave my backpack open and have the mosing stick out?

I understand the people who wan't this, but mostly the argument is just "realism". For me: gameplay > realism, and I think this does not make the gameplay better.

• Like 1