r4z0r49

Weekend Test Build. 1.8.3.100aa50

Sorry guys I can't do much to provide input on the test build.  I'm in Hemmel Hempstead on a work trip.  However I'm really pleased with the performance improvements I'm reading.

Very smooth overall, great build. I did have an animal disappear the instant it was killed once but was unable to replicate. Did anyone else see this?

• Like 1

Besides the issued already mentioned, i've noticed that turbo running appears to work once again (press and hold W 2x) . it's very easy to lose zed this way. Edit: I was wrong, it's working correctly on kichilron's server.

Also, is it possible to add the shovel to the farming loot table. It used to spawn in 1.8.1 iirc but I haven't seen a shovel since then (etools are spawning just fine btw)

lastly not so much a bug but rather an annoyance. If you have a dull knife in your inventory and a knife with 3 uses left the defaul gut animal action will go to the dull knife.

Feature request / items for 1.8.5:

Bic Lighter > many more uses than a matchbox (30 - 50 with chance of breaking)

sharpening stone > used to restore dull knife.

Edited by m0tzilla

i forgot to add. Sicne the zed count has been updated what are the chances we can get wild spawning zed added back in.

I know dropping backpacks in ArmA has always been a gamble but in testing today 100% of the time if I did the "Take XXXX" option on a backpack the backpack on my back would disappear instead of going to the floor. Is this just an ArmA problem we have to live with?

Besides the issued already mentioned, i've noticed that turbo running appears to work once again (press and hold W 2x) . it's very easy to lose zed this way. Edit: I was wrong, it's working correctly on kichilron's server.

Also, is it possible to add the shovel to the farming loot table. It used to spawn in 1.8.1 iirc but I haven't seen a shovel since then (etools are spawning just fine btw)

lastly not so much a bug but rather an annoyance. If you have a dull knife in your inventory and a knife with 3 uses left the defaul gut animal action will go to the dull knife.

Feature request / items for 1.8.5:

Bic Lighter > many more uses than a matchbox (30 - 50 with chance of breaking)

sharpening stone > used to restore dull knife.

Im not sure the shovel did anything but let me check. As for the default gut knife its a random pick if you have more then one in your items list (move the blunt one).

i forgot to add. Sicne the zed count has been updated what are the chances we can get wild spawning zed added back in.

Maybe but i wont to bring in swarm systems before trying wilds again. Swarm is an ai system a little like L4D on one of the AI hearing you (ie gun fire) it will auto generate a swarm of zeds to attack the player from nearby houses.

I know dropping backpacks in ArmA has always been a gamble but in testing today 100% of the time if I did the "Take XXXX" option on a backpack the backpack on my back would disappear instead of going to the floor. Is this just an ArmA problem we have to live with?

This is one of ours i've add a new check in this script to check for the players backpack if the player has one your bag will be put on the ground and the new back picked up. (needs testing)

Second what plenty of people have been suggesting regarding hunting and fire making. It would be absoutely awesome having a knife sharpening tool and a fire steel. And preferably it should be tools that are quite rare. Maybe similiar to the compass or more rare if you want. I don't like the idea of using a stone you have gathered as someone said. Rare tool is better, making you excited when you find it. It does not sound like anything that difficult to introduce in my opinion. A massive matchbox if you want to speak simple terms, and a right click option on the dull hunting knife to sharpen it up for 5 new uses  or something. I don't think these items would be overpowered at all if they are rare. Would just add more fun to it.

I would also like to see the military canteen being brought back as a RARE item (maybe military loot only?) which restores full thirst and which can't (or make it like 1-2% risk per boil only) break! Didn't like the removal of this one to begin with.

• Like 1

This is one of ours i've add a new check in this script to check for the players backpack if the player has one your bag will be put on the ground and the new back picked up. (needs testing)

Sounds good, thanks. I've been building off the GitHub Dev branch so I'll test when that script gets pushed.

EDIT: The fix works fine. I tested it pretty thoroughly and if I had a backpack on when taking another it would put the old one on the ground at my feet every time. Thanks!

Edited by Kerbo

Second what plenty of people have been suggesting regarding hunting and fire making. It would be absoutely awesome having a knife sharpening tool and a fire steel. And preferably it should be tools that are quite rare. Maybe similiar to the compass or more rare if you want. I don't like the idea of using a stone you have gathered as someone said. Rare tool is better, making you excited when you find it. It does not sound like anything that difficult to introduce in my opinion. A massive matchbox if you want to speak simple terms, and a right click option on the dull hunting knife to sharpen it up for 5 new uses  or something. I don't think these items would be overpowered at all if they are rare. Would just add more fun to it.

I would also like to see the military canteen being brought back as a RARE item (maybe military loot only?) which restores full thirst and which can't (or make it like 1-2% risk per boil only) break! Didn't like the removal of this one to begin with.

Rare doesn't exist in dayz the loot system is just random weighted arrays, As for the military canteen being brought in i cant see why it has such an effect on ppl its a water bottle that really is hard to break(unless that's the point if very hard to be damaged). As for sharpening tools i have that planed already but only have the one pair of hands just now :-)

Maybe but i wont to bring in swarm systems before trying wilds again. Swarm is an ai system a little like L4D on one of the AI hearing you (ie gun fire) it will auto generate a swarm of zeds to attack the player from nearby houses.

I was under the impression that wild spawning zeds is currently an available server option now.  Is it not?

I was under the impression that wild spawning zeds is currently an available server option now.  Is it not?

Yea it was removed due to a ton of problems.

The server I'm running this on isn't all that fast, I have to admit. But the overall performance seems to ahve improved.

EDIT: It is a dedicated server only managed by me, though. So there's no performanceloss by other servers running on that node.

After some more testing on our own dedicated server it seems it's Battleye that's causing the stutters in 1.8.3

The reason the test servers feels so damn fluent is because BE is turned off.

If it's server or client side i don't know.

• Like 1