Sign in to follow this  
PySHD

Craftable Waterpump

So I was setting up a base the other day with a friend, and we had everything we needed. We had a garden going, so tons of food. We were close to a military base, so tons of ammo and weaponry. And close to a small town to grab things like backpacks to store our goods. However our water source was always a little too far away. So I had thought of a balanced but simple way to create your own. It would require a pick to break up the dirt, a metal pole and a sledge hammer so you could put the pole through the ground to receive water, using the sledgehammer to put it in the ground, and a small water pump that you could find in sheds. It (should) take a while to gather both tools and bring them back to the base, unless you have 2 people, then you would to search sheds for the pump, and industrial areas or broken buildings for the pipe. However after the search it would be well worth the reward. Thoughts?

• Like 1

well u cant just ram a pipe in the ground and get water....

• Like 1

So I was setting up a base the other day with a friend, and we had everything we needed. We had a garden going, so tons of food. We were close to a military base, so tons of ammo and weaponry. And close to a small town to grab things like backpacks to store our goods. However our water source was always a little too far away. So I had thought of a balanced but simple way to create your own. It would require a pick to break up the dirt, a metal pole and a sledge hammer so you could put the pole through the ground to receive water, using the sledgehammer to put it in the ground, and a small water pump that you could find in sheds. It (should) take a while to gather both tools and bring them back to the base, unless you have 2 people, then you would to search sheds for the pump, and industrial areas or broken buildings for the pipe. However after the search it would be well worth the reward. Thoughts?

Something of the sort could be added into the game. But it should be really difficult to get the water actually pumping. After you had the pump and the pipe and such, you could jam the pipe in the ground, put the pump on it and see if it works, and if no water comes out you had to rinse and repeat up to 20 to 40 times to actually find a spot with water. Or maybe even a type of giant barrel or keg that you can fill to the top with water and have 1-300 uses? I don't know. Thoughts.

• Like 1

Good idea but as above...

Certain areas would be viable to install a well, some wont.  Now if we could pipe water from lakes or 'rivers' (when/if they get added) that'd be something else too.  There's a camping trick where you use a milk jug with holes and a filter connected to some tubing to get water from upstream to your campsite and the flow of the river/stream 'pumps' the water for you.  Still need to boil it but at least you won't have to lug water jugs around.

I would like to see fuel canister be able to store water. That way you could keep a sizeable amount of water at you base. If you steal it from someone your at a risk of poisoning yourself if you don't check it first.

Well obviously but you also can't skin and quarter a deer, cow, or person in mere seconds. Use some imagination man.

yeah, maybe you could make a well, but that makes a base almost self sustaining, so it would need to take a lot of effort. though i am in favor of being able to have a large barrel in your base which can be filled, maybe filling jerry cans with water, or, possibly even as a rare vehicle spawn, a water truck, or a fire truck you can fill bottles out of.

Well obviously but you also can't skin and quarter a deer, cow, or person in mere seconds. Use some imagination man.

but this is a matter of time and not a matter of possibility

yeah, maybe you could make a well, but that makes a base almost self sustaining, so it would need to take a lot of effort. though i am in favor of being able to have a large barrel in your base which can be filled, maybe filling jerry cans with water, or, possibly even as a rare vehicle spawn, a water truck, or a fire truck you can fill bottles out of.

u cant just make a well. that needs more manpower and way more time.

maybe u could craft a cistern

Good idea but as above...

Certain areas would be viable to install a well, some wont.  Now if we could pipe water from lakes or 'rivers' (when/if they get added) that'd be something else too.  There's a camping trick where you use a milk jug with holes and a filter connected to some tubing to get water from upstream to your campsite and the flow of the river/stream 'pumps' the water for you.  Still need to boil it but at least you won't have to lug water jugs around.

I really like this since, hopefully, people will, when barricading and you know the basic basebuilding is implomented, build there base near the lake, pond or river to easily get water. Imagine yourself running at the edge of a stream and then looking over to the other side and then you can see a big base where people are working to make it safer and get food ect.

Now that we have the barrel, we just need a hand pump pencil, or a garden hose.

Besides the fact that this is not possible if the ground water level is very close to the ground, with the new update you can use any liquid storing container to store water. So with the jerry can you have an equivalent to 20 canteens which should be enough for your "base"...

Or most places with no water source have those boarded up well's , I wish they made a way we could get water from those, Could make a camp in alot of new places where they are.

93e93978-6ff2-48bb-b076-53d85bbfb460_zps

• Like 3

Or most places with no water source have those boarded up well's , I wish they made a way we could get water from those, Could make a camp in alot of new places where they are.

93e93978-6ff2-48bb-b076-53d85bbfb460_zps

That sounds like a better idea, take my beans