StayAlive (DayZ)

How to stay alive in the middle of Berezino experiment

Hello Community,

So, i decided to see if it was possible to stay alive in the middle of the city called Berezino aka

"the deadly crossroad" at a full 1st person server. I made the suicide posture after having scattered all my gear

around where I was standing. Then, I waited to see what would happen. The results, kind of surprised

me a lot:) Ps: somehow my head glitched out, making it look like I had already killed myself.

2015_01_04_00005.jpg

First person runs by.

2015_01_04_00007.jpg

He starts looting some ammo and food after carefully looking around several times.

2015_01_04_00010.jpg

Same guy, lurking in the windows :D

2015_01_04_00011.jpg

Still alive and second guy comes along

2015_01_04_00015.jpg

Hiding by the tiny shop. I'm guessing he is also wondering wtf is going on.

2015_01_04_00019.jpg

After two or three minutes of scoping the area out, he decides to pick up some loot

2015_01_04_00023.jpg

I'm guessing he is pretty sure it's safe :D

2015_01_04_00027.jpg

Still alive and encounter another guy, but he drifts off quite fast.

2015_01_04_00028.jpg

Just minutes after two guys come to check me out

2015_01_04_00030.jpg

Getting really close now :D

2015_01_04_00032.jpg

A zombie comes along just after they leave

2015_01_04_00036.jpg

One of the guys leaving decides to help me out

2015_01_04_00037.jpg

Then he hits me with the same axe, but decides not to kill me. This is where i start to roleplay a little :D

2015_01_04_00042.jpg

Another guy comes along some time after, not quite sure what to think of me i guess.

2015_01_04_00053.jpg

Still alive and a hello to the forum, while another guy pops by

2015_01_04_00059.jpg

The red guy pays me a visit again

2015_01_04_00078.jpg

Seems a group of friends are gathering around me now

2015_01_04_00073.jpg

There is mercy after all :D

2015_01_04_00084.jpg

After an hour in Berezino, in the middle of the most dangerous place to be, i actually found some people that did not kill

me on sight. Not only that, one guy bandaged me and another guy wanted to know if i needed help to move again.

Any of the guys could have at any moment pulled the trigger. So, what other ways to finish this story, then with a leap

of faith. :D

2015_01_04_00093.jpg

Going down.

2015_01_04_00094.jpg

The end:)

Edited by StayAlive
  • Like 2

Try it on a 3PP server now. ;)

All kidding aside, that was a really fun story and you didn't spell Berezino, "Berinzino".

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Try it on a 3PP server now. ;)

All kidding aside, that was a really fun story and you didn't spell Berezino, "Berinzino".

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Thank you! Glad that you liked it:)

Edited by StayAlive

1PP servers are better for that reason. 

It's a more grounded experience, and I suppose that attracts more players looking to survive. That, or you're so much more likely to run headfirst into someone without preparation, that pulling the trigger right away just isn't that viable an option. 

• Like 1

I run around naked and shout inane shit when I want to do that, and people are usually so confused they don't kill me.

1PP servers are better for that reason. 

It's a more grounded experience, and I suppose that attracts more players looking to survive. That, or you're so much more likely to run headfirst into someone without preparation, that pulling the trigger right away just isn't that viable an option. 

Running headfirst in, yeah, must say I have experienced that sometimes:) I do believe 1PP server is more friendly.

It's easier to get in a fight in 3rd person when you get more overview and also because of the fact that the majority

of people play on this type of server. Also, it's much harder to play this way and just that might scare people looking

for easy kills or fast action away. The one downside that I can think of right now on playing 1PP is that you can't look

at your character from a distance. Only way is to tab.

I run around naked and shout inane shit when I want to do that, and people are usually so confused they don't kill me.

I tried to do something similar once by running around in a pink outfit. I got a horny crazed axe wielder

running after me. Go figure! :D