TOM11TD

Taviana Dayz Servers

i'm not sure you are following what Auto is saying.  I'm the programmer with him.

I can make Dayz Epoch into Vanilla Tavi that you seem to want in about 3 hours from what i have now.  What i'm running is far from Epoch, it is basically what 1.8.3 should be without the dumb things Rocket's team started to do.  It has non of Epoch stuff either like traders, unlimited vehicles, ect.  It has static vehicle spawn locations with the right dmg levels and all the other things the base mod and Tavi have instead..  I just used Epoch because i could get to all the files i needed to.  Similar story here, using it as the base code i can do more to it easier.

I can make Tavi 2.0 into whatever we want but it will take me months.

Frankly, i'm not willing to spend the time for that.  The reward is not worth the pain.

So, your choices are 

1) Get your Tavi experience that you are looking for using the Epoch shell with none of the epoch Stuff

2) Nothing.

Let us know what is of interest.

Ok that makes more sense, and yeah that sounds great.

Ok that makes more sense, and yeah that sounds great.

We have been working on Taviana the last couple days and it is almost ready. I will keep you posted.

• Like 1

We have been working on Taviana the last couple days and it is almost ready. I will keep you posted.

Are you working on an update of Taviana or what? Edited by Squadron_2

Are you working on an update of Taviana or what?

Taviana 2.0 is the last update and is dead as dead. There have been a lot of people looking for a vanilla Taviana server as of late and there are none. We have taken the Epoch mod shell and updated Taviana to reflex its true vanilla experience while updating things that have been lacking from the original vanilla Taviana as best we could, new loot tables, ability to carry weapon in hand and on back, nutrition system, vehicle spawns and other small features that bring it up to date with the current dayz mod. Things you will not find, traders, currency, 100000 vehicles, base building, OP military vehicles or anything related to the Epoch mod in that sense. Hopefully this gains enough support to see it become a full populated server.

Taviana 2.0 is the last update and is dead as dead. There have been a lot of people looking for a vanilla Taviana server as of late and there are none. We have taken the Epoch mod shell and updated Taviana to reflex its true vanilla experience while updating things that have been lacking from the original vanilla Taviana as best we could, new loot tables, ability to carry weapon in hand and on back, nutrition system, vehicle spawns and other small features that bring it up to date with the current dayz mod. Things you will not find, traders, currency, 100000 vehicles, base building, OP military vehicles or anything related to the Epoch mod in that sense. Hopefully this gains enough support to see it become a full populated server.

Sounds great, I don't know if you already know about the Taviana 3.0 update that was almost ready for release? Developed by Sharkking. I believe he put allot of work into it. If you want to I could ask him and check if he wants to share the progress he made on it before closing it? Have him on skype.

Sounds great, I don't know if you already know about the Taviana 3.0 update that was almost ready for release? Developed by Sharkking. I believe he put allot of work into it. If you want to I could ask him and check if he wants to share the progress he made on it before closing it? Have him on skype.

sounds even better

I had heard that 3.0 was almost going to be released but never quite made it. We would defiantly be interested in taking a look at it if Sharkking is interested in sharing. Keep me posted. Thanks!

sounds even better

The server is finished and went live last night. I will post the info below. If you notice anything buggy please repost or send me a message via steam same user name as on the forum. Now the next trick is to get a full populated community on this server.

To run you will need Epoch 1.0.5.1 and Taviana 2.0

I suggest using Dayz Launcher as Dayz commander is inconsistent in finding new servers

I P address   162.223.29.138

Port               2462

• Like 2

20 slots only?

It will be moved to 50 tonight. That was an old server we had used on Vert and they just bumped it over.

Epoch?  :wacko:  <_<

It is just the platform. There isn't one thing from epoch in game besides the UI. If there was a way to load 1.8.3 we would.

Server is stable.  Fixed the last few suggestions today.  Its hardcore vanilla.  No luxuries.

Lets see what happens.  If there are players, i'll keep it up and take it where folks want.  If not, i'll take it down and do something else..  

Post a thread somewhere in this forum to anounce it.
Change the server's name for something more attractive! And more importantly change it for 50 slots server, people will not join a 20 slots DayZ server.

Post a thread somewhere in this forum to anounce it.

Change the server's name for something more attractive! And more importantly change it for 50 slots server, people will not join a 20 slots DayZ server.

The request is in to move it up in count.  Just waiting on the host.  Normally they do things in hours, but taking longer on this one.

What name do you suggest that is more attractive?  Open to suggestions.

First I'd like to suggest you one more thing. Taviana is a big beautiful map with very long range shooting possibilities. I don't know if you've watched my video on the first page but the Vanilla Taviana server I used to play on was a full day light server. Blue sky and bright sun 24h/24h and everyone seemed to love it. I think you should do the same.

for the server name I suggest something like : 
TRUE VANILLA TAVIANA SERVER, day light. Or something like that

Host moved count up today.  Meant them to go to 50 but they hit 40.  It will be fine for now.  I'll get them to move it up later.

Made the name change.

Also made the daylight and weather changes.

I have a script that if you click on binoculars you can extend view distance if you have a good comp.  

Scenery is spectacular.

First I'd like to suggest you one more thing. Taviana is a big beautiful map with very long range shooting possibilities. I don't know if you've watched my video on the first page but the Vanilla Taviana server I used to play on was a full day light server. Blue sky and bright sun 24h/24h and everyone seemed to love it. I think you should do the same.

for the server name I suggest something like : 
TRUE VANILLA TAVIANA SERVER, day light. Or something like that

Just announced it in private hives section.

Let's see what happens.

Just announced it in private hives section.

Let's see what happens.

Sounds good, so can I find it in the playwithsix launcher?  I should be able to get on this weekend.

Sounds good, so can I find it in the playwithsix launcher?  I should be able to get on this weekend.

I would assume so.  I haven't tried it on there.  I've been using DayZ Launcher

The IP info is 

162.223.29.138:2462

Hey is the server down?

Hmmm. Sometimes it's not booting back up after restart. I manually rebooted, should be back up.

I too used to love the old Taviana map...shame there was the whole debacle with the dev and Origins. I wish DayZ was like it was about 1.5yrs ago, just with the big fixes. Not a big fan of all this building houses and new stuff they added. :(

• Like 1

Hello, me and my friend are interested by your server ;) A vanilla taviana server is rare today ! So the server is run ? What add-on do we need for play ?

Thx for your help :)