Sign in to follow this  
beansy

Now that Rockets gone....

...can we stop with the pretence that this is some mystical anti game bollocks and start getting sensible? There is no such thing as an anti game, it's a game lol, a computer game.

All that wacky talk he was spouting about viruses and antibodies and mobile labs where players can work on cures LMAO, please tell me all of that nonsense has been binned. Listen, I FUCKIN love the man for creating the mod but come on, he had a beered up night with his virologist brother, all excited about his new standalone project and the crazy drink talk leaked into his dev brain box lol.

Also, Zombies, Zeds. He kept saying 'but they ain't zombies they are infected' LOL, DayZ 'Z' haha you named it Deano, why not call it Day''I'', they are zombies, they are the undead,walking dead, reanimated corpses or Zeds lol, let's just clear that up to clear that up.

And while we are on the subject and we no longer automatically spawn on the beaches can we have a decent back story please? A simple little tale that explains what happened and why we are here, you know a 'premise'. Every game ever made has one so let's get creative and give this world some meaning.

And let us all hope that Rockets most nutty idea of all, adding shitting and pissing to the game has been well and truly flushed down the khazi where it belongs.

As a side note, when will we get a thermal scoped anti material sniper rifle? It don't need to be a .50 cal but we need a gun that can disable vehicles at night from a kilometre away.

Edited by Beansy™

OMG LOL IKR?

(Putting "lol" in a sentence like that undermines the credibility of anything you're saying. Don't do that lol.)

:D

That's funny man, really.

(Thermal scope? Go play ArmA...)

• Like 3

I *would* respond to each point in this seemingly nonsensical rant, but.....

I'd rather not step on that hornets nest.

• Like 3

As a side note, when will we get a thermal scoped sniper sniper rifle? It don't need to be a .50 cal but we need a gun that can disable vehicles at night from a kilometre away.

Do you need this in a survival game??? Is that car a km away a threat to you at night?

• Like 1

I think the plan is to implement pooping before the thermal scope. That way if someone drops a Cleveland steamer on someone's tomato patch at night at least you'll be able to spot it...

... I'm joking, of course, on both fronts. Why all the Rocket hate? This sounds a lot like someone who's not been actively playing or involved in the early access alpha effort.

• Like 2

I actually agree with most of what this guy is saying.  You folks would do well to disentangle yourselves from the constant attacks and maybe look at both what has worked and what hasn't.

Dean consistently overcommitted to certain concepts, was overly optimistic on what could or couldn't be achieved, and very often came off as a bit self important for a person who has never published a game or worked on something from start to finish.  His greatest accomplishment, the MOD, was corrected and done better by other modders.  He had great ideas and introduced a truly amazing concept.  Lets not get too much further than that though.

• Like 5

Glad you got that off your chest; now you may sleep a nice nights sleep.

• Like 2

I think the plan is to implement pooping before the thermal scope. That way if someone drops a Cleveland steamer on someone's tomato patch at night at least you'll be able to spot it...

... I'm joking, of course, on both fronts. Why all the Rocket hate? This sounds a lot like someone who's not been actively playing or involved in the early access alpha effort.

thanks for reminding me of his other mad idea lol, OP edited. And if you read my post thoroughly you'd notice I mentioned my love for Rocket, the only hate in this thread is emanating from over sensitive fanboys lol

-SNIP-

As a side note, when will we get a thermal scoped anti material sniper rifle? It don't need to be a .50 cal but we need a gun that can disable vehicles at night from a kilometre away.

I am so happy you are a troll. And not a real suggester. And if you are, you sir, are not the brightest crayon in the box.

And if thermal is what you want. Go back to arma dude. This is a game, with infected running around. Not COD with barrets and rockets.

EDIT: You mention that these are zombies, not infected. When infact from the beginning of the mod he states the enemy of the game is infected who have contracted to virus turning them into flesh eating monsters(Of course that isn't a direct statement, but he does point out they're infected, not zombies) . So, checkmate.

Edited by Jfiles

There is no such thing as an anti game, it's a game lol, a computer game.

I do agree with most of your post, but someone hasn't played Spec Ops: The Line or Pathologic. ;)

• Like 1

EDIT: You mention that these are zombies, not infected. When infact from the beginning of the mod he states the enemy of the game is infected who have contracted to virus turning them into flesh eating monsters(Of course that isn't a direct statement, but he does point out they're infected, not zombies) . So, checkmate.

There's also a video of them doing MoCap for the zombies, and they mention ones with broken backs and necks.

Kind of hard to live through a broken neck or spine.

I'll see if I can find the video and repost it here.

Edit: Found it,  Skip to the 11min mark or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uYtxkrMg5k

Edited by o5pr3y

There's also a video of them doing MoCap for the zombies, and they mention ones with broken backs and necks.

Kind of hard to live through a broken neck or spine.

I'll see if I can find the video and repost it here.

Edit: Found it,  Skip to the 11min mark or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uYtxkrMg5k

Granted yes, that is true. But the man doesn't say a broken piece. He does say a broken neck. But when he goes to the spine specifically he just says, "Something with the spine". 

- snip -

awsome-joke-right-here_o_246208.jpg

Edited by TheWizard14
  • Like 2

Granted yes, that is true. But the man doesn't say a broken piece. He does say a broken neck. But when he goes to the spine specifically he just says, "Something with the spine". 

True, and I guess we can both be right in this regard.

You can live with spinal injuries, it's just that people tend to die from them.

To be honest I agree with everything the OP says, although his delivery could be better. I hope they don't put pooping etc in and as for mobile laboratories and viruses that need to be cured, Rocket didn't actually say that did he? can't see how that would fit this game at all. And a back story wouldn't hurt.

Even the Anti materiel sniper rifle idea, why not make those in vehicles feel the same sense of vulnerability that us pedestrians are forced to endure? As for thermal scopes, could be a tad over powered but imagine knowing there were thermal scopes out there as you crept along a treeline, would certainly add to the sense of jeopardy that this game thrives on... they would need to be extremely rare but now we have the beginnings of a centralized loot economy why not?

edit -  and EVERYBODY calls them Zombies or Zeds, no matter what Rockets original intentions the community has overruled him on that one.

Edited by Noble Savage
  • Like 1

True, and I guess we can both be right in this regard.

You can live with spinal injuries, it's just that people tend to die from them.

I can see your argument, but like I said. I am only referring to what Dean has said, and what he has tried to create. 

To be honest I agree with everything the OP says, although his delivery could be better. I hope they don't put pooping etc in and as for mobile laboratories and viruses that need to be cured, Rocket didn't actually say that did he? can't see how that would fit this game at all. And a back story wouldn't hurt.

Even the Anti material sniper rifle idea, why not make those in vehicles feel the same sense of vulnerability that us pedestrians are forced to endure? As for thermal scopes, could be a tad over powered but imagine knowing there were thermal scopes out there as you crept along a treeline, would certainly add to the sense of jeopardy that this game thrives on... they would need to be extremely rare but why not?

Yes, adding pooping just seems out of place and a little silly. But I also believe Rocket never stated anything about laboratories, and I will check after I reply here if he actually did. But anti-material rifle's should be either extremely, extremely rare to find, or not be in at all. Its just unrealistic to have something like that in such a poor area. If you look around Chernarus, it isn't a high quality rich country. It is very poor and baren (I am also aware its the apocalypse so we have to keep that in mind when looking at the country) But the infection has been there for a long time, so finding any high quality loot also seems silly. We have never gotten a straight timeline, but evidence points out that the infection must've been around for some time.

Who cares now that Rocket is gone.  This doesn't change anything for the game.  The developers have still laid out what they have coming and will continue development of Rockets vision.  End of story.  

Yes, adding pooping just seems out of place and a little silly. But I also believe Rocket never stated anything about laboratories, and I will check after I reply here if he actually did. But anti-material rifle's should be either extremely, extremely rare to find, or not be in at all. Its just unrealistic to have something like that in such a poor area. If you look around Chernarus, it isn't a high quality rich country. It is very poor and baren (I am also aware its the apocalypse so we have to keep that in mind when looking at the country) But the infection has been there for a long time, so finding any high quality loot also seems silly. We have never gotten a straight timeline, but evidence points out that the infection must've been around for some time.

I agree that any high powered weapons should be extremely rare, a gun like that with a thermal scope should be something most players never even see.

Edited by Noble Savage

Yes, adding pooping just seems out of place and a little silly. But I also believe Rocket never stated anything about laboratories, and I will check after I reply here if he actually did. ...

here, in his own words, be sure to read Rockets 3rd post ; )

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/107637-feedback-on-status-of-infectious-diseases-in-dayz/

Edited by Beansy™

Even the Anti materiel sniper rifle idea, why not make those in vehicles feel the same sense of vulnerability that us pedestrians are forced to endure? As for thermal scopes, could be a tad over powered but imagine knowing there were thermal scopes out there as you crept along a treeline, would certainly add to the sense of jeopardy that this game thrives on... they would need to be extremely rare but now we have the beginnings of a centralized loot economy why not?

edit -  and EVERYBODY calls them Zombies or Zeds, no matter what Rockets original intentions the community has overruled him on that one.

yep, he gets it and he ain't no reactionary fanboi