Sign in to follow this  
huf757

Do you have the jitters? Here's how I subsided mine.

So I aquired the jitters.  Let me tell you, you're just waiting to be killed when you have this.  You're aim is non existent.  Anyways I was fed up since I had them for the last 24 hours.  I was going to go stash my gear and kill myself.  On the way from way up north to the coast, I decided along the way I would loot and try painkillers if I could find any.  I already knew antibiotics, charcoal tabs and splints did not work.  Well I found some alchol tincture and used it.  Nothing changed, then I started to run to the coast around ten minutes later they are gone.  So maybe applying alchol tincture works just takes time.  Could also just be a big coincidence.  Hope this helps. Also you apply the alcohol tincture do not drink it. If you do drink it I assure you the jitters will no longer be your primary concern anymore.

Edited by huf757
  • Like 1

I think it was the fact that you ran for 10 minutes, not the tincture. There's a bug where you violently shake because you are cold but it doesn't tell you that you are cold, you probably solved it by running back into warmth.

• Like 3

Even if it doesn't work, you tried to help. 

E38nLeb.jpg?1

• Like 4

I think it was the fact that you ran for 10 minutes, not the tincture. There's a bug where you violently shake because you are cold but it doesn't tell you that you are cold, you probably solved it by running back into warmth.

You are correct. I stopped for a few minutes and it came back then ran again and it was gone.  Sigh I really thought I was on to something here lol.  Back into my cave i crawl :)

I had the jitters for a few days and tried everything as you described but then tried something else. I found a thermometer and took my reading 35c and then proceeded to check one of my other clan mates temp 36.9c. So I knew right then I was cold. I made a fire and sat by it monitoring my temp and the shakes. It took me almost 25min to get up to 36c and by 35.5c my shakes had almost disappeared. Once at 36.5 I was good to go. SO its cold related nothing more. Carry rags and an axe and your good to go. Don't sit too close to the fire. 

I had the jitters for 3 or 4 days.   Found a thermometer and it read 35c so I gathered up stuff to build a fire. I sat by the fire and after about 20 minutes they were gone.  I was steady again.  Make sure you're close enough to the fire that you occasionally see the "I'm warming up" message.  Also, I was using F3 to sit down next to the fire, don't know if it's necessary to sit but maybe it's worth mentioning. 

I will add that I was hanging out with ghillie top and hood on yesterday and got orange overheating status. Took it all off and rolled about in ponds and lakes for ages until I eventually got cold. After overdoing this it seems I got the jitters. Going back into the ghillie though and running around seemed to heat me up and solve it though. :)