Sign in to follow this  
skyline

[VIDEO] The Zed could be like this.

Well, I don't like the 'superfast zed'.

How about make them more like this video?

Slower, more zeds, you need to aim on the head, etc..

I believe rocket has already said he does not want to use shamblers for DayZ.

I agree, for the most part. The game would be far, far too easy with shamblers. I do think zeds need a little bit of a speed nerf and the AI pathing needs to be fixed so they don't zig-zag so much, though.

If they didn't run so fast maybe their pathfinding wouldn't be so wacky, they could do with a stumbly type running animation that is the same as a tired player's running speed.

Those Anims are REALLY smooth. i like that, although shambles would be a good mix to throw in, but not completely erase.

I like the idea of this. But it makes it wayyyy to easy. Unless the devs were to seriously up the amount of zombies.

They need to do 3 things

1. Fix the pathing, the zombie shuffle makes it nigh impossible to shoot zombies until they are biting you. Zombies have lost all higher function, a line will do. However I understand this is a ARMA 2 problem sooooo....

2. Lower speed, since the pathing can most likely not be fixed. A decrease in speed would be more appreciated

3. The bigger the group, the bigger the swarm. Usually once you get four or five people. You can roam the countryside with near invulnerability. The only threats being bandits.

The zombies in the movie move pretty well for being dead after all.

I'd like to see some zombies walking that slow and others faster, up to a maximum of the speed of a fatigued player. It makes no sense that dead people run as fast as or faster than the living.

Also remove the homing beacon that you get that makes all zombies find you even though you're out of sight and in hiding. The zombies should go to the place they last saw or heard you at and then continue in that direction until there is an obstacle.

Well, I like fast zombies but the current zigzagging teleporting ones are just too glitchy. The ones in the video look much much better and smoother.

Nerfing zombie speed would completely negate the point of not alerting them.

If you can just run, there's no challenge anymore.

That video looked like L4D or a similar game. Shooty shooty bang bang. That's not Day Z.

they need a speednerf, but not like in the vid. a running-animation would be fine, but currently they're sprinting faster than the player it seems.

@Time Glitch: The challenge is the numbers.

I do wish there were both shamblers and runners ingame. Put the runners in difficult areas and big towns combined with slower ones like the 'monkeys' except they stand up. I really like the fact that there's more then one kind of zombie and would like to see more variations to make the game interesting.

The zeds do need a bit of an overhaul when it comes to pathfinding and running speed. You can kite them around forever so I dont see a point in why you should be able to outrun zombies. Just add something that makes a player unable to run long distances under stress or while bleeding etc.

Actually yes, what is bad about having multiple zombies types representing different stages of virus progress? Besides, we have two types now: runners and hoppers. Adding shamblers in really BIG packs would be awesome. Besides, for balance, their hit points could be increased greatly, so the only good solution would be headshoting them.

50% jf shamblers, 30% of runners and 20% of hoppers would do find imo

oh, btw: female zombies should definetely be added :D

I think it would be good to have more of a balance between fast and slow zombies. The super-fast zombies are the stuff of nightmares and really shouldn't be removed for good, but they should have their speed randomized somewhat.

Since the pathfinding is pretty glitchy there should be more crawlers and monkeys than actual runners, because the way it is now with the respawning and run speed it is almost impossible to shoot them until they're in your face

Maybe if he improve the fatigue system, so you can't run forever. You will still be afraid of zombies, you can out run they easy.. that's ok. But you can't run forever, I think the number of zombies could be really high, they will be slow and you NEED to shoot on the head to stop them.

You will be afraid of being surrounded with that many slow zeds.

But of course, many zed types is the way to go.

60% Crawlers, take 5-6 body shoots to kill, or 1 headshot.

20% monkeys

20% Fast zeds, 2-3 body shoots to kill, or 1 headshot.

IMO, something like that would be really fun.

@OP

I think a mixture could work. I'm not a massive fan of how they go from mega fast to slow ramble when you go inside. If you had the monkey type, the super fast sprinter and different speed ramblers all at a good ratio it could be good.

I fully support this, tbh things get dull seeing the same two types of zombies over and over. Therefore, diversity would be great. But seeing as some people think that shamblers are to easy to shoot and kill, just make ammo more difficult to get. Plus, if we don't go with this "diversity" the least that could happen is a slight decrease in speed for Zeds and the riddance of the dreaded zig-zag.

As Kirk here mentioned, the current zombie AI & pathfinding needs a fix and that should be the priority for now. But in the future, i would like shamblers to be added in the mix.

Zombies need a nerf. Since last patch it is impossible to play this game alone or with only 2 players. I find myself and my friend avoiding farms because 15 zombies spawn in front of us. One encounter and we are out of bullets to do anything in the future. The back peddle headshot glitch on the runners barely works now.

-Slow down the runners

-Fix runner zig zag, a zombie would run straight at you...what brain dead animal would run in evasive maneuvers?

-Less zombie spawns near garbage loot houses, I don't want to use 3 clips just to pick up one clip in a barn.

There are way to many zombies now and they are still as strong as before. They change directions drastically which makes it hard to hit them and sometimes they will just spawn right in front of you.

The way things are now, it is just not worth going into towns. With all the zombies you will end up fighting, you will probably use more supplies then you will find.

If you are gonna keep this amount of zombies, you need to nerf them at least a little bit.

Like wob said, slow them down and make them run straight at you, and i think it will be fine.

I would love to see new zombies types.

Human zombies being slower than a sprinting player, maybe some zombified dogs etc that are faster and can slow you down for the shambling horde, etc.

Or at least get rid of magic teleporting wallphasing dead people.

RE: The Zed could be like this.

Zombies need a nerf. Since last patch it is impossible to play this game alone or with only 2 players. I find myself and my friend avoiding farms because 15 zombies spawn in front of us. One encounter and we are out of bullets to do anything in the future. The back peddle headshot glitch on the runners barely works now.

-Slow down the runners

-Fix runner zig zag, a zombie would run straight at you...what brain dead animal would run in evasive maneuvers?

-Less zombie spawns near garbage loot houses, I don't want to use 3 clips just to pick up one clip in a barn.

Ill expand on point 3 how are we supposed to survive if we waste all rounds in a town for a can of beans and a empty soda can u can barley survive off that gear let alone move to another town. We need for our players to be more stealthy for zombies even if that means a nerf on zombs orrr our players make less noise.

The dead are walking the earth, what makes sense and what does not can kinda go out the window for the sake of gameplay.

The zombies MAKE the game, please dont change too much speed/pathfinding wise, there are already too many easy as shit hand holding games out there, the whiners can go play Angry Birds if they are so scared of zombies in a zombie apocalypse game.

Chaos' pid='23181' dateline='1337049869']

Those Anims are REALLY smooth. i like that' date=' although shambles would be a good mix to throw in, but not completely erase.

[/quote']

This. They should include a mix of walkers/ runners