MperorM

Shooting everything you see isn't realistic...

It is a fucking zombie apocalypse. Nobody in real-life would shoot other survivors the second they see them. So rocket if you want to make a realistic zombie simulator please fucking do something to remove the shoot on sight mentality..

Refreshing. Thank you for making this never-before-made-on-these-forums point!

And addressing the dev directly, you canny bastard!

Yeah, I like how everyone thinks they're badass on the internet for bragging about how many murders they have gotten.

The bandit always has the first shot, he will always have the first kill, unless he meets another bandit.

The more time goes by, the more people turn into "shoot on sight murderers".

Obviously there needs to be some harsh feature that makes a bandit think twice before committing a murder.

But it's not real-life and it will never will be. There's always going to be people playing this game for a variety of (conflicting) reasons.

I love the survival aspect of the game and its zombie apoc setting, but you can never change the fact, that for me, the greatest rush comes from combat with other players. With so much to lose in each engagement, the exhilaration when you kill is intense. Don't bother asking me to go play another game - there are none, except for perhaps Eve Online, that come close to delivering that feeling.

I am so beyond sick of seeing numerous threads over and over about this. Dude seriously just suck it up and be more aware of your surroundings. People will kill you for gear. Get used to it.

Yeah, he/she should show up on everyone's map as a red player marker. Feel free to hunt them.

I am so beyond sick of seeing numerous threads over and over about this. Dude seriously just suck it up and be more aware of your surroundings. People will kill you for gear. Get used to it.

Guess what, these threads will continue, if you are able to think logically even for a slightest bit, you would understand why.

Because carebears never run out of tears?

Stop me if i'm wrong, please... I won't hold my breath..

Guess what' date=' these threads will continue, if you are able to think logically even for a slightest bit, you would understand why.

[/quote']

Oh this is wonderful. First of all just because you are going to bitch about something because you suck at arma two and cant seem to kill someone with your little axe because thats all you find that isnt our problem. Dont come to forums to bitch about it.

Because carebears never run out of tears?

Stop me if i'm wrong' date=' please... I won't hold my breath..

[/quote']

So we only should have tread about how awesome getting 38 kills is? I swear this community only wants bandits to be playing dayz.

There is probably a reason why there are so many threads about it...

I don't die to people, but I am tired of killing everyone I meet because I have no choice. If this was real life you wouldn't be killing everyone you meet.

precious tears...

I am not whining.. The game is in alpha. Since we are playing it, we are the testers. We have to give feedback to make the game better. That is what I'm doing.

There is probably a reason why there are so many threads about it...

I don't die to people' date=' but I am tired of killing everyone I meet because I have no choice. If this was real life you wouldn't be killing everyone you meet.

[/quote']

Actually you're quite wrong. I run with a group of people and I shoot strangers on sight. Just like I would in the apocalypse.

Nobody can be trusted and if I can't trust you then i'm going to kill you.

It's all very simple. I don't care if you like it. I know if I don't kill you, there's a really high chance I will regret it because you will kill me. Personally, I don't roll the dice. Better to be vilified than dead.

actualy it is very realistic. Imagine zombie apocalypse when every one scares of every one, starving and trying to pretect what thay have - family, group and beans :)

In real life you fill shoot every one on sight coz you will trust no one

There's alot of stuff that's intentionally unrealistic in this mod – selecting one out of all is a bad argument.

respawning after dying isn't realistic. shall we remove that?

How do you know kill on sight wouldn't be realistic in a zombie apocalypse? There's no proof that this wouldn't happen, only theories.

Face it this is an apocalyptic murder sim... or at least that is what it has become. When I started playing I tried hard to play the role of a survivor but as with everyone else you quickly learn that you either become a predator or you are the prey. If you want to survive without being a murderer you must avoid all other contact with players, which is easy, but really boring. The PVP griefers have been very vocal and have exactly what they want here.... A way to get their sadistic kicks by ruining other's days over and over. Those that want a more realistic social environment with balanced incentives and rewards for humanistic behavior are IMO the majority but our wants obviously are not in the scope of things.

In short, there is a big demand for balance in playstyles, but DayZ doesn't deliver (by the dev's own admission). It's so very close though, thus the frustration.

Face it this is an apocalyptic murder sim... or at least that is what it has become. When I started playing I tried hard to play the role of a survivor but as with everyone else you quickly learn that you either become a predator or you are the prey.

I'm sorry, but what do you think the apocalypse would be? Everyone holding hands to rebuild everything? That's so incredibly naive and flat out wrong. If the world should ever end, I know what category of people you would fall under, and it's not 'survivor'.

In a world where resources are scarce, you should be wary of everyone. You should ASSUME anyone you run into can be hostile because they will have the same thought you should have. They might have something you need.

At the end of the day, those who will survive are the ones who acknowledge their own survival is far, far more important than yours.

lol @ replies. This community sucks, the CoD baddies have completely invaded.

Guess what' date=' these threads will continue, if you are able to think logically even for a slightest bit, you would understand why.

[/quote']

It's pretty simple. People have been spoon-fed and hand-held for 20 years and it has bred a generation of lazy, do-nothing gamers who think they should be able to Google a walkthrough on the game and then sit down and "beat it" in a few minutes. They have grown up in a world of quest mobs and waypoints and blinking arrows and "Go here next!" markers on the always-available in-game map and "You're doing it wrong" warnings if you happen to take a step of the pre-defined path toward success in the game.

These gamers are numerous, and none really understand what DayZ is or why it is amazing for breaking the status quo and not putting out another mainstream, bullshit, make-everyone-happy game design.

And being that they are so incredibly lazy and used to being catered to, instead of trying to figure out what the game is about through trial-and-error and learning from their mistakes - they register on the forums and moan and complain expecting the designer to come along and "fix" the game to their liking.

It's not going to happen. Get into DayZ or get out.

lol @ replies. This community sucks' date=' the CoD baddies have completely invaded.

[/quote']

You sure seem to spend a lot of time playing and posting about this "ruined" game.

One would think the logical solution would be to go play one of the other games that isn't "ruined."

No?

You have been smearing your ridiculous bullshit claims of the "ruining" of this game on these forums for 2-3 weeks and yet every day new players come in and post videos and threads about the amazing experiences they're having in the game.

If it's ruined for you, just go away. The rest of us are still having plenty of fun testing this Alpha.

while I do disagree with you -zdb-, I have an odd respect for you. Now I will say I don't like how there isn't really anything to do once you have gear and are set on the survival part, besides PVP and that is what I see needs to be improved on.

lol @ replies. This community sucks' date=' the CoD baddies have completely invaded.

[/quote']

You sure seem to spend a lot of time playing and posting about this "ruined" game.

One would think the logical solution would be to go play one of the other games that isn't "ruined."

No?

You have been smearing your ridiculous bullshit claims of the "ruining" of this game on these forums for 2-3 weeks and yet every day new players come in and post videos and threads about the amazing experiences they're having in the game.

If it's ruined for you, just go away. The rest of us are still having plenty of fun testing this Alpha.

however you want to interpret that is fine by me. :angel: