CJ_14

Weapon and ammo rarity

I belive their rarity is not quite right. This is how I would think they would be IRL scenario from the most common to the most rare

- 9mm (Civilian Houses, Police Departments, Fire StationsApartment Buildings, Farms, Kiosks)

- .22 (Civilian Houses, Schools, Supermarket, Aparment Buildings, Police Departments, Kiosks, Farms)

- 12 Gauge (Farms, Police Departments, Supermarket, Civilian Houses, Schools, Industrial Buildings, Fire Station, Airports)

- .380 (Civilian Houses, Police Departments, Supermarkets, Schools, Fire Stations, Airports)

- 7.62mm (Police Deparments, Civilian Houses, Supermarkets, Fire Stations, Schools, Airports, Farms)

- .45 (Police Departments, Airports, Supermarkets, Civilian Houses, Fire Stations)

- .357 (Civilian Houses, Police Departments, Farms, Supermarkets, Schools, Kiosks, Fire Stations)

- 7.62x39mm (Airports, Police Departments, Helicopters, Fire Stations, Civilian Houses)

- 5.56mm (Helicopters, Airports, Police Departments)

- 5.45mm (Airports, Police Deparments, Helicopters, Farms, Supermarkets)

- Ruger .22 (Civilian Buildings, Supermarkets, Police Departments, Fire Stations, Farms)

- CZ75 (Civilian Buildings, Police Departments, Fire Stations, Airports)

- Izh-43 (Farms, Supermarkets, Civilian Buildings, Industrial Buildings, Police Departments)

- Makarov IJ70 (Police Departments, Fire Stations, Civilian Buildings, Hospitals, Supermarkets)

- Ruger 10/22 (Civilian Buildings, Police Departments, Schools, Supermarkets, Farms)

- MP-133 (Police Departments, Civilian Buildings, Supermarkets, Hospitals, Airports, Fire Stations, Apartments Buildings)

- Derringer (Civilian Buildings, Fire Stations, Police Departments, Schools, Apartments Buildings)

- Crossbow (Farms, Schools, Civilian Buildings, Industrial Buildings, Apartments Buildings)

- Mosin-Nagat 91/30 (Police Stations, Civilian Buildings, Apartment BuildingsSupermarkets, Schools, Farms)

- Walther P1 (Police Stations, Hospitals, Civilian Buildings)

- Rossi R92 (Farms, Supermarket, School, Civilian Buildings, Industrial Buildings)

- Blaser B95 (Farms, Schools, Civilian Buildings, Industrial Buildings, Police Departments, Fire Stations)

- AKS-74u (Airports, Police Departments, School, Industrial Buildings)

- Longhorn (Farms, Supermarkets, Civilian Buildings)

- Simonov SKS (Police Departments, Farms, Schools, Civilian Buildings)

- CZ527 Carbine (Farms, Civilian Buildings, Schools, Fire Stations, Police Departments)

- AK-74 (Airports, Police Departments, Hospitals, Supermarket, Farms)

- Colt .45 M1911 (Police Departments, Airports, Civilian Buildings)

- MP5k (Police Departments, Hospitals, Civilian Buildings)

- Colt Python .357 Magnum (Civilian Buildings, School, Police Departments, Fire Station)

- AK101 (Airports, Helicopters, Police Departments, Fire Stations, Hospitals)

- FN FNP .45 (Helicopters, Police Departments, Airports)

- AKM (Airports, Helicopters, Police Departments, Fire Stations)

- M4A1 Carbine (Helicopters, Airports, Police Departments, Hospitals)

- Steyr Aug (Helicopters)

- PM73 RAK (Helicopters)

Those are not all the places where they could spawn, but they're just to get an idea of the area

Green = Common

Yellow = Normal

Red = Rare

How would you like the spawn system? Or do you like the way it is? Having hard time finding relatively common ammo? Post it down below :D

PS: This is not a suggestion, only a POV

Edited by CJ_14
  • Like 4

Seems legit! Now if we could only get this, just something a bit more consistent. Here's some beans!

I've been searching for days for some .45. NOPE. it's all I want. It's not to much to ask for.

Edited by BMAF

Seems legit! Now if we could only get this, just something a bit more consistent. Here's some beans!

I've been searching for days for some .45. NOPE. it's all I want. It's not to much to ask for.

I've found a lot on Fire Station, on FNX Magazines though. I pretty much take 'em out and use it on the M1911

Honestly, from an apocalyptic point of view they should all be either yellow or red (depending on location)

Example:

Airport- All guns red

Barn- Yellow, red weapons (Yellow guns being, Shotguns, or 22's)

But guns should not be as apparent as they are. 

I also dont really like the helicopter loot system. I kinda like the idea of their being bodies with loot on them. But of course. Early stages of the game. Stuff aint quite worked out yet. But my personal opinion. So anybody who disagrees just remember that.

Edited by Jfiles
  • Like 2

Honestly, from an apocalyptic point of view they should all be either yellow or red (depending on location)

Example:

Airport- All guns red

Barn- Yellow, red weapons (Yellow guns being, Shotguns, or 22's)

But guns should not be as apparent as they are. 

I also dont really like the helicopter loot system. I kinda like the idea of their being bodies with loot on them. But of course. Early stages of the game. Stuff aint quite worked out yet. But my personal opinion. So anybody who disagrees just remember that.

I agree. Almost all ammunition, with the exception of .22LR, 12 gauge shot shells, and maybe 7.62x54mm rounds, should be rare as tits on a bull. I have no problem with there being a decent amount of firearms, just make ammunition rare.

I agree. Almost all ammunition, with the exception of .22LR, 12 gauge shot shells, and maybe 7.62x54mm rounds, should be rare as tits on a bull. I have no problem with there being a decent amount of firearms, just make ammunition rare.

I can see how you would say that, and I second that completely. But there is a fine line between decent and too much.

EDIT: But I think the best way for it to match that need the game is striving for is to probably limit gun spawns as much as possible.

Edited by Jfiles

I can see how you would say that, and I second that completely. But there is a fine line between decent and too much.

EDIT: But I think the best way for it to match that need the game is striving for is to probably limit gun spawns as much as possible.

Eh, with the exception of bayonets and buttstock strikes, a firearm with no ammunition is essentially useless. It would lead to more hold-ups and robberies, as you could never know if that gun is loaded or not, and make players conserve ammo, make every shot count, and use alternate weapons like the bow, crossbow, and (hopefully) a sling.

Eh, with the exception of bayonets and buttstock strikes, a firearm with no ammunition is essentially useless. It would lead to more hold-ups and robberies, as you could never know if that gun is loaded or not, and make players conserve ammo, make every shot count, and use alternate weapons like the bow, crossbow, and (hopefully) a sling.

Makes sense. But, just finding weapons after all this time just seems out of the ordinary 

Makes sense. But, just finding weapons after all this time just seems out of the ordinary 

What do you mean, "all this time"? We've never got any official timeline.

In fact, evidence supports the idea that is has only been a week or two since SHTF. Of course, there is also evidence that it has been months/years....

• Like 1

What do you mean, "all this time"? We've never got any official timeline.

In fact, evidence supports the idea that is has only been a week or two since SHTF. Of course, there is also evidence that it has been months/years....

I was under the impression it was years. Since I believe that was the timeline of the mod. But, I am under the assumption of years, hense the after all of this time sentence.

I like to be able to find a decent amount of weapons, I just think there should be a better distribution considering its real use and damage (IE: Ruger 10/20 is used for sport/hunting)

And also, I hope that when the game hits the Beta, we get to see a more decayed Chernarus, with burning cars and corpses as static props, maybe with power centrals working in some areas to give that "dark" feeling to a place. Kinda like the map in "No Mercy" campaing from Left 4 Dead.

Finding a primary rifle and ammunition for it should not be guaranteed with every life. That way, once you do obtain an AKM with a mag or two, you're so concerned with losing it, you actually play with self preserverence as your primary objective.

Pistols, shotguns, and bolt action rifles should be the most common firearms we encounter. The SKS should be the go to assault weapon. No mag and high capacity/rate of fire. Automatic rifles should be luxury items that are rare enough that hours upon hours need to be invested before you can field one.

Ever notice how nobody bothers to use the CR527? Or basically any pistol? It's because 1.) mags make these guns labor intensive to field and 2.) other guns are better AND easier to field

Best guns need to be hardest to get going. "Worse" guns go unused in this game, and hopefully this will change with later balancing.

• Like 1

That's why I put pistols and shotguns first along with some minor caliber rifles

That's why I put pistols and shotguns first along with some minor caliber rifles

No, rifles and shotguns should be first. Handguns are a luxury, and unnecessary for survival. Shotguns and rifles are far, FAR, FAR more useful.

No, rifles and shotguns should be first. Handguns are a luxury, and unnecessary for survival. Shotguns and rifles are far, FAR, FAR more useful.

But because this is a PVE/P game, the balancing of the loot tables needs to cater to both pvp and PVE needs. While I agree that shotguns and rifles are more useful for survival, every freshy picking up a rifle as his first weapon would flatten the skill/loot curve and devalue prolonged survival.

Having a pistol in addition to a shotgun or rifle makes it a luxury. Having a pistol instead of a rifle or shotgun puts you at a disadvantage.

Edited by Dagwood
  • Like 1

but pistols are way more common, weaker and cheaper. So it makes sense to be more of those...If they're useless or not in this apocaliptic scenario lacks of importance

But because this is a PVE/P game, the balancing of the loot tables needs to cater to both pvp and PVE needs. While I agree that shotguns and rifles are more useful for survival, every freshy picking up a rifle as his first weapon would flatten the skill/loot curve and devalue prolonged survival.

Having a pistol in addition to a shotgun or rifle makes it a luxury. Having a pistol instead of a rifle or shotgun puts you at a disadvantage.

This is NOT a PvE/PvP game. This is a survival game.  Learn to differentiate. Artificial balancing in favor of a specific play style is detrimental to the game as a whole. Suchly, loot should spawn as it would in real life; bolt action rifles and shotguns, then handguns, then automatic rifles.

And, so what if it is a disadvantage? A handgun vs a rifle or a shotgun in real life would lose 99% of the time. Also, what the hell is a "skill/loot curve"? How does it "devalue prolonged survival"?

but pistols are way more common, weaker and cheaper. So it makes sense to be more of those...If they're useless or not in this apocaliptic scenario lacks of importance

No, I am willing to bet firearm owners own more rifles and shotguns than they do handguns. Also, where the hell do you live where handguns are cheaper than rifles or shotguns? In my state, both the licenses necessary to own a rifle/shotgun as well as the actual firearms themselves are cheaper and easier (less hassle, faster) than the licenses to own a handgun. Most of my hunter friends do not own a handgun, due to the cost, necessary training, etc, of going for a Handgun LTC. 

I am willing to bet that most of the rural population of South Zagoria did not own a handgun, and instead owned a shotgun and/or a rifle.  Handguns would be much more common in urban areas.

This is NOT a PvE/PvP game. This is a survival game. Learn to differentiate. Artificial balancing in favor of a specific play style is detrimental to the game as a whole. Suchly, loot should spawn as it would in real life; bolt action rifles and shotguns, then handguns, then automatic rifles.

And, so what if it is a disadvantage? A handgun vs a rifle or a shotgun in real life would lose 99% of the time. Also, what the hell is a "skill/loot curve"? How does it "devalue prolonged survival"?

First of all, take a deep breath. It's ok if we don't agree right away.

PVP=player versus player. Player kills player. Pvp

PVE=player versus environment. Players is killed by environment. PVE

"Learn to differentiate" how rude.

Skill/loot curve refers to how different or "better" gear can affect how effective a player is at surviving or preventing other players from surviving. By watering down the loot tables with inferior gear, like pistols, it takes more time for us to find the more desirable equipment. This leads to players that survive longer generally having better gear, and being more effective at survival or in combat. And finally, this leads to those players with the better loot being more cautious to protect their stuff (assuming it is difficult to acquire). By making adequate/suitable gear easy to come by, death becomes less detrimental and gameplay becomes less authentic and unique.

Yes, pistols are stupid firearms that are inferior to shotguns and rifles in nearly every way in this game. Yes, pistols would IRL be less common in a rural setting than hunting firearms. Does this mean that pistols should be uncommon and reserved for dolts that think they're cowboys? No. From a gameplay balance standpoint (which you hate for some reason) it makes more sense for pistols to be starter weapons that get replaced or complimented with superior firearms as our survivor moves up in the world.

I fail to see how balancing in the form of more readily available handguns negatively affects any playstyle in anyway.

You should post a ticket when work resumes back in Prague at the feedback tracker about the spawn system, they might adjust it to your desire if it seems necessary.

I do think that 7.62x39mm should be a civilian cartridge, the rifle, the SKS is everywhere as a civilian spawn.

Edited by Quackdot