Xbow

Incurable St Vitus Dance (for no damn reason)

Somehow my character has been glitched into shaking 100% of the time.

Situation: I was exploring the little Fishing town of  Berezhki on the east end of the map and looking for netting and burlap to make a Ghillie suit.

Mission accomplished.

On the way back west it was near dark and it started raining. Despite the fact that I was running and had allowed myself to de-hydrate a bit to build up some body heat I ended up shaking. I went into a barn and built a fire, wrung out all my clothing. Shortly I. stopped shaking but didn't move further from the fire until I was and no longer soaked or damp.. I then re hydrated but the instant I was up to a dark green hydration level I started shaking again. So I figured I might have a hidden bone injury or something.

In the course of the next hour I:

•made splints and applied them to no good effect,

•injected morphine to no good effect,

•ate some charcoal tablets to no good effect,

•took some Antibiotics to no good effect.  

And no I haven't eaten any human meat.

Unless someone has another suggestion the next time I log on I'll go onto a reliable persistent server stash my gear clothes and all and jump off a building and then haul ass back to my gear. I don't know what else to do. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Situation: I was exploring the little Fishing town of  Berezhki on the east end of the map and looking for netting and burlap to make a Ghillie suit.

Mission accomplished.

On the way back west it was near dark and it started raining. Despite the fact that I was running and had allowed myself to de-hydrate a bit to build up some body heat I ended up shaking. I went into a barn and built a fire, wrung out all my clothing. Shortly I. stopped shaking but didn't move further from the fire until I was and no longer soaked or damp.. I then re hydrated but the instant I was up to a dark green hydration level I started shaking again. So I figured I might have a hidden bone injury or something.

Unless someone has another suggestion the next time I log on I'll go onto a reliable persistent server stash my gear clothes and all and jump off a building and then haul ass back to my gear. I don't know what else to do. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I believe you are cold even though it doesnt state it.

• Like 1

I believe you are cold even though it doesnt state it.

That was my thought but I got a  'you are warming up' prompt and then got a HOT prompt....and I was still shaking. Perhaps I'll try the fire thing again...couldn't hurt.  :(

thanks for the response. :thumbsup: 

Edited by Xbow

I think it might be a glitch. I was freezing and burning at the SAME TIME the other day. I spent 30 minutes there in the fire and still freezing to death (shaking of course)

• Like 2

I think it might be a glitch. I was freezing and burning at the SAME TIME the other day. I spent 30 minutes there in the fire and still freezing to death (shaking of course)

That sucks man I know your pain..have some beans  :beans:

The problem is with all that jittering you are meat on the table for any asshole beyond 150 yards.  Hey, did it ever clear up? 

That sucks man I know your pain..have some beans  :beans:

The problem is with all that jittering you are meat on the table for any asshole beyond 150 yards.  Hey, did it ever clear up? 

I'm still freezing, but not burning. And yes, you're pretty defenseless with all that shaking...Specially if, like me, your weapon of choice is the Mosin-Nagat 91/30

Mission accomplished.

Try using a heat pack/change all clothes. Also, nibbling on a human hand

might also give you the shakes.

Edited by StayAlive

Try using a heat pack/change all clothes. Also, nibbling on a human hand

might also give you the shakes.

As I said, I've never nibbled on any long pork but perhaps I'll try to find some heat packs and change clothing perhaps the clothing is showing up as dry but are glitched into being soaked

THanks for the response, have some Beans  :beans:  :( 

If the next few attempts at a cure don't work I may have to hide my gear on a persistent server and take a dive off a tower :( .  

As I said, I've never nibbled on any long pork but perhaps I'll try to find some heat packs and change clothing perhaps the clothing is showing up as dry but are glitched into being soaked

THanks for the response, have some Beans  :beans:  :( 

If the next few attempts at a cure don't work I may have to hide my gear on a persistent server and take a dive off a tower :( .  

Or you can not be a little bitch and just jump and start fresh ;)

• Like 1

What's up with your snot nosed punk attitude you absurd little troll?.

51faP%2BJBU4L._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

What's up with your stupidity you ignorant little troll?.

51faP%2BJBU4L._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Relax, a-hole, it was a joke. 

Relax, a-hole, it was a joke. 

Ok you funny little bitch I'll relax :P .

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

It's a new mechanic (?) they have added into the game, shaking when cold. It doesn't say so, but seems to occur when you become wet and cold for prolonged periods of time.

Often if you relog it'll say you're fully healthy and not cold but your character shakes, like a cold or fever type thing. Get a thermometer and start a fire and your temp should

say 35 degrees, get it back up to 35.5 degrees and you'll get rid of the shakes/fever.

Edited by danz
  • Like 2

It's a new mechanic (?) they have added into the game, shaking when cold. It doesn't say so, but seems to occur when you become wet and cold for prolonged periods of time.

Often if you relog it'll say you're fully healthy and not cold but your character shakes, like a cold or fever type thing. Get a thermometer and start a fire and your temp should

say 35 degrees, get it back up to 35.5 degrees and you'll get rid of the shakes/fever.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.  I was in fact cold/wet for a long time. It would be nice to have the ability to brew up some hot chocolate to raise your core temperature more directly.

Have some Beans :beans:  

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Check this thread:
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/217405-shaking-like-crazy-cant-stop/

On top of that, if you perhaps could try get your hand on a thermometer? I've had this happen on 4 different characters now, and managed to fix it on three of them. I spent alot of time at the fire, at least an hour, to no success. I then went to find a thermometer, with that I managed to find out I really was unable to change my characters temperature. I tried of 2 hours heating up (fire, heatpack, animal guts, warmest clothing) or cooling down (naked, swimming, naked in the rain etc). And no matter what my temperature was 35C and not changing. With all other chars I did see the temperature go up, and shaking stopping at some number wich I can't remember, think it was 35.5C (but could have been higher), but at least there around. 

One small theory from my side is server lag somehow preventing temperature increase to register (dunno how that would happen, but still). As this was on a private hive, wich is pretty much always full and quite laggy. Crafting splints, skinning boar and other tasks many times takes several attempts to success. Where as the other characters that had the problem was on more "fluid" servers with alot less problems. So, as a last resort before you respawn the char you could try log in to a low pop, low ping server and try heating up, preferebly checking temperature with a thermometer, to know if it really is bugged or not. 

Same character also had problems with beeing wet, and displayed beeing wet, allthough all pieces of clothing was actually dry. Wet/Soaked status seem alot harder to shake in .52. So I've resorted to raincoats and wellies for now. Wellies allowing you to drink in ponds and walk wetlands without getting the annoying soaked status. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.  I was in fact cold/wet for a long time. It would be nice to have the ability to brew up some hot chocolate to raise your core temperature more directly.

Have some Beans :beans:  

You're welcome, powdered milk and hot chocolate recipe is a must!  :)

Check this thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/217405-shaking-like-crazy-cant-stop/

On top of that, if you perhaps could try get your hand on a thermometer? I've had this happen on 4 different characters now, and managed to fix it on three of them. I spent alot of time at the fire, at least an hour, to no success. I then went to find a thermometer, with that I managed to find out I really was unable to change my characters temperature. I tried of 2 hours heating up (fire, heatpack, animal guts, warmest clothing) or cooling down (naked, swimming, naked in the rain etc). And no matter what my temperature was 35C and not changing. With all other chars I did see the temperature go up, and shaking stopping at some number wich I can't remember, think it was 35.5C (but could have been higher), but at least there around. 

One small theory from my side is server lag somehow preventing temperature increase to register (dunno how that would happen, but still). As this was on a private hive, wich is pretty much always full and quite laggy. Crafting splints, skinning boar and other tasks many times takes several attempts to success. Where as the other characters that had the problem was on more "fluid" servers with alot less problems. So, as a last resort before you respawn the char you could try log in to a low pop, low ping server and try heating up, preferebly checking temperature with a thermometer, to know if it really is bugged or not. 

Same character also had problems with beeing wet, and displayed beeing wet, allthough all pieces of clothing was actually dry. Wet/Soaked status seem alot harder to shake in .52. So I've resorted to raincoats and wellies for now. Wellies allowing you to drink in ponds and walk wetlands without getting the annoying soaked status. 

Yep I agree with your views, also I think it takes longer to warm up by the fire now in 0.52. Best solution for me so far is all Gorka (Waterproof), and avoid drinking from ponds/streams ect. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You're welcome, powdered milk and hot chocolate recipe is a must!  :)

Yep I agree with your views, also I think it takes longer to warm up by the fire now in 0.52. Best solution for me so far is all Gorka (Waterproof), and avoid drinking from ponds/streams ect. :thumbsup:

At no time did I ever get a message saying I was cold but the shaking was nasty    But, Your method worked!!.Full hydration, 15 minutes of warming by a fire, the consumption of three hot deer stakes by the fire and slowly the shaking subsided and disappeared.  I will also snag a Gorka Jacket, drink from ponds and streams only when necessary.

Thanks again and have some more beans :beans:     

• Like 1

Not sure if others have spotted this, but building a fire indoors warms me up in less than a minute or so, there is definitely a larger disparity between indoor fires and outdoor ones than in previous builds. My current favoured location is the upper floor of the piano house. I will close all the doors, place the fireplace next to the wardrobe and that will allow me to sit down next the fire while having a gun drawn. This provides protection in several ways. One of which is the noise made by the doors opening when someone comes in, second is the 'u bend' of the stairs which slows down the player and provides for a bottleneck where you can place your aim and finally the fire is most likely going to distract the person while you are half covered by the wardrobe if they do start firing.

Edited by ricp
  • Like 2

Comes from a squeaker with a cat avatar. pussy! lol

• Like 1

Comes from a squeaker with a cat avatar. pussy! lol

Great comeback, Tacticoolboy.