AmazingAussie

9mm, .45 ACP and 7.62x39mm are military... why?

The original Chernarus has been designed around Northern part of Czech Republic so its safe to assume the trend continues on Cherna plus, even if with little artistic touches took over to make the map more interesting.

The physical geography of South Zagoria was based on the physical geography of a specific river valley of the Czech Republic. The people, culture, government, and firearm policies were IN NO WAY based on the CR

yes, mags are too rare. yes every hand gun would have a mag originally spawn with it. will this make mags more prevalent? only somewhat i'm afraid as the vast majority of players will find said handgun, then proceed to cannibalize that mag and mags from every other of the same hand gun found (or all handguns).  its inevitable, as i know i would take the mag, whether i needed it or not, just to deny someone else a complete ready to use weapon (or almost complete if they have the mag spawn empty). i typically roll with a sawed shotty just because ammo is easier to find. my most recent toon that carried a 1911, i had to look forever (well, 15-25 hours) but eventually found two mags...i was then properly sniped while dicking around too close to an upstairs jailhouse window, never even getting to use my new shinies....damn NWAF...lulz

it does need balanced but no real idea how to go about it...i would prefer them rare as opposed to laying around everywhere tho'

*grammar/clarity

Edited by thznutz

For my 20-3 hours in 0.52 I've found SKS mag only ONCE, and I've found a drum mag full of 7.62x39 bullets ony once too. There is something wrong with this.

As someone who lives in Eastern Europe I can confirm that SKS is one of the most popular hunting rifle due to low price and cheap ammo. 

All 3 of these catrriges are very rare in civillian locations. Ive found more NATO rounds than Sks ammo in police stations. I've only found one box of 9mm rounds evveerr in a police station in severograd. Ive only found 10 boxes of 45 acp in civilian locations. I think these should be in civillain locations but they should not be to common(if SKS ammo were to be common so much death will come because of how common the SKS is).cr 527 carbine is useless because of how rare the ammo is for it and mag even though its a powerful weapon. Hopefully they might do some stuff in making these types of ammo a little more common in civilian locations. I also would like slugs to come back in and a box for it.

There are millions, maybe even tens of millions SKS rifles in Ukrainian military storages. SKS is by far the cheapest rifle you can buy in store, alongside with Mosin. The second cheapest weapons are hunters versions of AKM/AK74, limited to semi-auto mode, with 10 bullets mags and no slot for bayonet.

7.62x39 ammo is rare-ish so that you will bother to use the repeater, blaze, Mosin, sporter, and shotguns. If SKS was easily fed, why would you bother with these other rifles?

As far as pistol rounds are concerned, I find a decent amount of it all over the place. Maybe not in brick arch buildings and piano/green trim buildings, but if you check diligently enough, it will turn up.

Why magazines for pistols are rarer than assault rifle magazines is beyond me. Maybe it's more "realistic"? Idk. But from a gameplay standpoint, it would make more sense for pistol magazines to be fairly common and rifle ammunition a bit harder to find.

Fuckin alpher. They'll get it balanced in good time.

7.62x39 ammo is rare-ish so that you will bother to use the repeater, blaze, Mosin, sporter, and shotguns. If SKS was easily fed, why would you bother with these other rifles?

As far as pistol rounds are concerned, I find a decent amount of it all over the place. Maybe not in brick arch buildings and piano/green trim buildings, but if you check diligently enough, it will turn up.

Why magazines for pistols are rarer than assault rifle magazines is beyond me. Maybe it's more "realistic"? Idk. But from a gameplay standpoint, it would make more sense for pistol magazines to be fairly common and rifle ammunition a bit harder to find.

Fuckin alpher. They'll get it balanced in good time.

Actually Mosin rifle can't be compared to SKS due to significant difference in effective range, accuracy and damage, mostly due to available attachments in DayZ.

It's strange to see how rare most types of ammo are compared to actual guns and especially mags: you can find 1-2 1911 pistols but not a single .45 bullet. 

I guess it's a small balance flaw, nothing more.

Edited by Zak Preston

Actually Mosin rifle can't be compared to SKS due to significant difference in effective range, accuracy and damage, mostly due to available attachments in DayZ.

I apologize if I was unclear. I wasn't trying to compare the SKS to the Mosin or any of those weapons. Only similarity I was trying to highlight between all of those weapons was their geographical availability. But I do think the SKS is the most versatile of all these weapons.

Personally, I prefer the SKS over the Mosin as an all purpose weapon. I'll only pick up a Mosin if I have an LRS and AK74U to accompany it.

However, if I have Mosin ammo and a choice between the two weapons, I gotta go with the Mosin. Hence, why I think SKS ammo is relatively harder to find.

• Like 1

I apologize if I was unclear. I wasn't trying to compare the SKS to the Mosin or any of those weapons. Only similarity I was trying to highlight between all of those weapons was their geographical availability. But I do think the SKS is the most versatile of all these weapons.

Personally, I prefer the SKS over the Mosin as an all purpose weapon. I'll only pick up a Mosin if I have an LRS and AK74U to accompany it.

However, if I have Mosin ammo and a choice between the two weapons, I gotta go with the Mosin. Hence, why I think SKS ammo is relatively harder to find.

I agree that SKS seems to be a better all-rounder weapon, while Mosin with 8x scope is the best sniping weapon ATM. But it's still a matter of preference. Mosin vs SKS is more equivalent to M24 vs M14 comparison in DayZ-Mod.

But I would grab AK74 or AKM with PSO-1 scope any day over SKS.