CJ_14

Boehmya fix plox

I was shaking so I made a Fireplace and since I wasn't really caring about my character today and it takes longer now to warm up, I left him there prone right by the fire and went to cook something to eat. 30 minutes later I come back to this picture

oS0U8PB.jpg

How can I still be cold? those were full 30 minutes!

• Like 1

That does seem a bit absurd, doesn't it? I've never personally run into the issue of not being able to get warm, and it doesn't seem terribly common, but obviously it happens.

Is your character wet, by chance? I can't imagine they still would be after 30 minutes of game time next to a fire, but...

I was shaking so I made a Fireplace and since I wasn't really caring about my character today and it takes longer now to warm up, I left him there prone right by the fire and went to cook something to eat. 30 minutes later I come back to this picture

oS0U8PB.jpg

How can I still be cold? those were full 30 minutes!

What it means is, since you are still in cold weather it says "i am cold" if you are in cold weather and getting cold. Even though you are burning, you are still in cold weather. I don't know, the games in alpha but if your concern is you don't want to freeze to death, you wont. If it says you are burning I think you will stay warm for awhile. ;)

It's not broke. You need to find a Jerry can, fill it up at a Gas Station, then find matches. Put the jerry can in your hands, it'll give you the option to douse yourself in fire. Once you do that, set yourself on fire. After a few minutes, you'll be back to a healthy 98.6 F body temp.

• Like 8

It's not broke. You need to find a Jerry can, fill it up at a Gas Station, then find matches. Put the jerry can in your hands, it'll give you the option to douse yourself in fire. Once you do that, set yourself on fire. After a few minutes, you'll be back to a healthy 98.6 F body temp.

Simple and effective!

• Like 2

I am burning!, i'm so cold, i am burning!, i'm so cold, i am burning!, i'm so cold...

Is not a bug, it just happens that all survivors were bipolar because somehow they were inmune to the zombie virus...

• Like 1

That does seem a bit absurd, doesn't it? I've never personally run into the issue of not being able to get warm, and it doesn't seem terribly common, but obviously it happens.

Is your character wet, by chance? I can't imagine they still would be after 30 minutes of game time next to a fire, but...

Never was wet

What it means is, since you are still in cold weather it says "i am cold" if you are in cold weather and getting cold. Even though you are burning, you are still in cold weather. I don't know, the games in alpha but if your concern is you don't want to freeze to death, you wont. If it says you are burning I think you will stay warm for awhile. ;)

My concern is that I cannot aim properly while shaking

Sometimes the answers are right infront of us.

• Like 1

Maybe you were at a high elevation? I've heard elevation has an effect on temperature

i froze yesterday while surrounded by fires, couldn't warm up no matter how many i built/how close i sat to them. Does burning yourself actually hurt you at the moment?

RIP my dodgey akm with the terrible parts, you may have been inaccurate as hell, but you did save me from a few KoS'ers =(

This is happening to one of my chars in a private server. It's dry, but I logged him out during the rain, so he logged in wet and got hypothermia.

Edited by o5pr3y

Maybe you were at a high elevation? I've heard elevation has an effect on temperature

No, not that high really, didn't knew temperature was affected by height

This is happening to one of my chars in a private server. It's dry, but I logged him out during the rain, so he logged in wet and got hypothermia.

Is it actually "in-game"? I mean, can you really get that disease? if so...should I need antibiotics?

Does burning yourself actually hurt you at the moment?

Didn't hurt me...and I was there for 30 minutes

Yeah, you can catch Hypothermia from the cold. 

Haven't cured it yet, but I'm assuming you just have to get dry clothes on and hang out next to a fire for a bit.

Yeah, you can catch Hypothermia from the cold. 

Haven't cured it yet, but I'm assuming you just have to get dry clothes on and hang out next to a fire for a bit.

Maybe that's what I have right now, because I'm still freezing

move to another server and see if you can fix it there its worked for me before

Edited by huf757
  • Like 1

hypothermia isn't really a disease in the sense that you would need antibiotics or meds to cure it, more of a condition or state that your body goes into once your body temp drops below a certain point.  That being said it sounds like a bug for sure, especially not having wet clothes.

• Like 2

Maybe that's what I have right now, because I'm still freezing

It should be a red status in your TAB menu, like when you're bleeding, sick, etc.

I am burning!, i'm so cold, i am burning!, i'm so cold, i am burning!, i'm so cold...

Is not a bug, it just happens that all survivors were bipolar because somehow they were inmune to the zombie virus...

Sounds like my girlfriend.

• Like 1

No, not that high really, didn't knew temperature was affected by height

Is it actually "in-game"? I mean, can you really get that disease? if so...should I need antibiotics?

Didn't hurt me...and I was there for 30 minutes

Hypothermia is not a disease, it's a condition. A broken leg is not a disease. A bruise is not a disease. 

Hypo - Low

Thermia - Temperature

It means when our body temperature drops below a stable threshold to where we start having issues with living. Your body is a big chemical/electric engine. Chemical reactions work best at certain temperatures and if you core temp drops too much things  stop working well in your body. In game what happens is you lose Energy(your body burning up your "fuel" to try and keep going) and eventually you begin to lose blood and health. 

I am pretty sure you are bugged and since the thermal system is only a few patches old bugs are to be expected. 

I was damp, sat by a fire for about half an hour as well. STILL damp.