bahhh

How the player-built base worked out.

Any chance of you putting up some in game screens of the base/checkpoint thing you guys made?

I hate to say it, but, duping has really made this mod less enjoyable for those of us who don't, and while I can see why it was necessary for you to dupe the fortifications, I still hate the fact that you did. But I guess it's somewhat the mechanics fault for it being able to be done.

Moral standpoint aside, I just really don't see how you could of done it otherwise. And I have been waiting for someone to try this for a few months now, also I'm glad to hear it went relatively well.

I hope you don't receive a ban for this because at least you were using duping for "good" more or less, and not personal gain, assuming of course, that you did not.

I agree saddly something like this is just no where near practial in terms of players needed to make and sustain.

Just b/c you're not willing to even have a buddy keep sights on a stranger while you go approach him doesn't mean it's not practical.

Just b/c you're not willing to make a city doesn't mean it's not possible.

There's a common thread between the survivors who bitch and what they do in-game.

Noble effort guys. I think a better idea would have been to take over a building and use that as your safe haven. Maybe a fire station or office building. That way you don't need so much barricade and could be in the middle of things where newbies need the help the most. Killing off nearby zombies would give you something to do to make the guard duty more fun.

Any chance of you putting up some in game screens of the base/checkpoint thing you guys made?

Moral standpoint aside' date=' I just really don't see how you could of done it otherwise. And I have been waiting for someone to try this for a few months now, also I'm glad to hear it went relatively well.

I hope you don't receive a ban for this because at least you were using duping for "good" more or less, and not personal gain, assuming of course, that you did not.

[/quote']

the pics are in the llink at thetop of the thread.

i'm sorry to say this but building this project was absolutely possible with normal means. You should definitely hate us. The scale of this was huge but even for this, if u collect just a few materials a day, u can finish this in less than a month. we built this in just a couple of hours, that's neither fair nor realistic.whether is was for good purpose or not, what we did was wrong and it is very reasonable if i get banned for it.I really really hope the duping bug is fixed..fast! it should takelike a month for these projects.going for loot runs would be another fun experience but sadly we only focused in building them quickly. i think the current spawnrate for wires and tanktraps are just perfect except for the sandbags. sandbags should be more common

Thank you all for your opinions and discussions. You guys are really helping makingthe game better^^

I wandered down there earlier and it was deserted. I'll go up there again tomorrow and am willing to trade some supplies.

Wow, great work buddy, we need to see more of this happening and we need it to be easier to encourage play like this.

Nice work.

Thank you all for your positive opinions, but i don't think we deserve it.

we used bugs for this to happen, and it is wrong..

I posted this so there could be a discussion to make the game better.

thumbs up from me.

those of you who judge him for duping and exploit please dont let your morals stop you to see the greater picture. this might be the start of player developed cities instead of static towns like cherno or elek.

hell in the future i hope all the cities are player made and we try to raid each other and fight over territories

Although it isn't good you used an exploit to make it happen it's very cool to see how the world can be changed by the players and cool/funny stuff happening because of it. I just hope stuff like this is made viable using legitimate methods sometime in the future.

i wouldnt think u should get banned. this is alpha.. its a time to find bugs/experiment

Although I like the idea of player bases/forts, I'd prefer them to be only doable at claimable fixed locations that are semi-random, similar to the helicopter spawn.

The base setup you made looks pretty decent, but all the amount of concertina and tank traps look like they may put too much additional strain on the server

The base setup you made looks pretty decent' date=' but all the amount of concertina and tank traps look like they may put too much additional strain on the server

[/quote']

at first i thought that too. i thought it was gonna lag like hell, but it was the opposite.

it didn't lag at all, at least not more than elek or cherno

There was 1 person who had graphical glitches near that place, but it was resolved through either flush or reconnect