bahhh

How the player-built base worked out.

SNIPPPPP.jpg

PICS HERE -> http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24736

This is a thread about the military barricade built on Cap golova in the US 43 server.

Our group have built that barricade and we took control of it for couple of hours.

Here's the facts.

-Must be a group to control that area(With decent gear m16,ak's)

-A Single server hopper is hard to make a huge assault

If you see the pic we had 3 outposts covering every area possible.

The worst case would be a guy throwing a grenade, but still we wouldn't lose the whole group.

-It was controllable

Everybody was cooperative about lowering weapons or putting sidearms in their backpack

We didn't encounter any firefights although we had to shoot someone for freaking us out.

-It is fun

We had tons of fun :)

-24 hour watch is impossible

It is definitely hard.

-24 hour watch is necessary

After we built that barricade, we only controlled it for couple of hours, had tons of fun, and came back a day after. What we saw there was a massacre. Player bodies everywhere, bombardment on the medical tent, sabotaging of the barricade. There are definitely people who just wants to watch the world burn.

-Survivors gathered.

Many survivors came by and they tend to stay at that fortification instead of passing by.

Maybe we could build something out of this? like a trade post?

-Survivors didn't team up as we expected.

I thought the survivors would gather and sort of make groups on their own.That is definitely what i wanted to see, but i haven't see that the first day. Further testing is needed to see if this happens or not. We've only controlled there for couple of hours, so i can't confirm this.

-Quite a bit of traffic.

We'd expected more, but still there was decent traffic in Cap golova.

I would say 1 person every 10~15min was passing by.

Most of them wasn't heavily armed. The best weapon we saw was a lee enfield(not including our allied group of military gaming:))

-it's not easy to build.

Setting up doesn't take long, the materials for it is the problem.

I want to apologize for this. We did used exploits and bugs.

I am truly sorry about this. In my personal opinion, it would literally take a month to gather all those materials. We used like 100~150 tanktraps.

But please, do not post insults in this thread. I want this thread purely about player-built base.

You can make a new thread entitled "Fuck you Bahhh" and give me all sorts of insults. I will not make a single complaint about that.I have no excuse to make even if i get banned. I'll accept it.

Ok, i could be missing something so if anybody have any question, please post it.

Now, i thought of how to improve this whole fortification/safe zone to work.

We need several groups controlling the area.

A single group is impossible to control all day.

We need alliance of several groups for all this safe haven to work.

Make a time schedule and set certain times for when the groups control.

Example: Group A-1:00~3:00 Group B-3:00~5:00

Even for the material collecting, it is extremely hard for a single group to pull off that scale without using normal means.

We could make this really big.

An alliance of groups.

We have players from worldwide, so the timezone would even work.

PS: The hard work building that barricade goes to my group. Thank you all :)

EDIT: This barricade was first built as an experiment. A rectengular base should be built rather than a barricade.

How many players did you have in your group? Something like this would take a clan and a large one at that.

Sounds like a great idea, and good fun too. A seaborne assualt by a large group on a foggy day or night could make for an interesting situation.

will be interested to hear more stories of this area going forward.

kudos on the "experiment!" this is exactly the sort of thing that the community needs to be doing in alpha, so we can see what may work and what may not.

i only give you a finger waggle for item duping, which i assume you are referring to...

FOR SCIENCE!

We're not that big group.

It only took 3 people setting up that area, for controlling it took like 5 to 6.(i don't remember much;;)

Currently that barricade is like a landmark, but no group is controlling that area so survivors seem to be just passing by instead of settling there.

We took control of that area for only a couple of hours at the first day we built it.

Although i would like to, we currently don't have plans of continuing the area control(we got struck hard few days ago) but i would like to see other groups continuing the experiment. :)

It's a choke point, between the 2 giant noob towns, so you are definitely setting yourself up for a big fight. If that's not what you wanted and really wanted to setup a safe zone, you need a better spot.

Best bet would be a hill covered in trees with open slopes below that so you can see who approaches. Won't stop hoppers, but can't have everything. Windy mountain, or maybe Vysota for example. Still close to the coast, but not a buffet in the middle of the road...

high ground > low ground

edit: also, enjoy your ban. :)

5-6 is pretty good. By large clan, I mean one that can maintain a persistent presence in that area for most hours of the day (probably around 18). Every day will require maintenance, supplies, rebuilding, etc. That all takes people and man hours. If you can maintain a presence there for, lets say, a week then it will gain in popularity. You'll likely see a large influx of recruits, as well. Best to have a hook, a reason to be there. Maybe you register everyone that comes through, maybe you simply do a mock "inspection" to see if they're infected, maybe you take a toll, etc.

5-6 is pretty good. By large clan' date=' I mean one that can maintain a persistent presence in that area for most hours of the day (probably around 18). Every day will require maintenance, supplies, rebuilding, etc. That all takes people and man hours. If you can maintain a presence there for, lets say, a week then it will gain in popularity. You'll likely see a large influx of recruits, as well. Best to have a hook, a reason to be there. Maybe you register everyone that comes through, maybe you simply do a mock "inspection" to see if they're infected, maybe you take a toll, etc.

[/quote']

We actually try identifying every survivors passing by.

Before the barricade was built we got raided by the other group in that server(Dzt)

So after we built this, we shot dzt members passing through, although there was only one that did.

It's a choke point' date=' between the 2 giant noob towns, so you are definitely setting yourself up for a big fight. If that's not what you wanted and really wanted to setup a safe zone, you need a better spot.

Best bet would be a hill covered in trees with open slopes below that so you can see who approaches. Won't stop hoppers, but can't have everything. Windy mountain, or maybe Vysota for example. Still close to the coast, but not a buffet in the middle of the road...

high ground > low ground

edit: also, enjoy your ban. :)

[/quote']

We first wanted to try this where there would be lots of traffic.

I alone tried building a medical base where it seems to be the safest place to put a settlement(altar) but there was really low traffic.

New players are usually whom needs protection, so we tried providing it.

edit: also' date=' enjoy your ban. :)

[/quote']

Even if i get banned, please keep the discussion about this.

Groups; please consider using that base as an advantage.

The testing must go on. I want to see how this goes.

Whoa, that's awesome

I'm willing to help if there's another project going on

I'm in DzT and have seen this checkpoint/bunker first hand, no one was around but it looks friggin awesome. When our guy that you shot came upon it you should have heard him in TS freaking out. Looks like it would be a good time trying to defend or attack it. Hope to see more stuff like this eventually. Good luck to you and your crew.

Oh wow, my cousin found this base on that server when he died. He was telling me about it and I was tempted to run down and see it for myself. I like your experiment as using it as a safe zone to allow players to meet up

But what would happen if your group saw me rolling up with an AKM? Would I be shot on sight because I'm "Too high lvl for down here?"

If you were holding an akm i would still approach you. If you shoot me and get lucky enough to kill me, still our snipers would kill you and i would spawn near there and get my loot again :)

Nothing to lose.

sroso/ we're not a clan. we're just a group of survivors that are really close each other :)

we don't have leaders or anything. just a group having fun

Nahorn/haha i heard about him visiting the ts. he was the one freaking us out though lol

I don't see why they banned you, because you tested this idea and your findings are better than those who just never try it. So how many c-wire were required?

What if me and my friend were approaching you with camo clothing and lmg's. Would you consider us too great a threat? Additionally we might *wink* have snipers with us as well

Also props on your effort, what kind of loot you have gathered there? Not that we could even assault you, wrong side of the atlantic :P

Sounds like a great idea atleast. I think I would have walked around it if I saw it though.

Awesome.

Would really like to see dayz support something like that instead of nullifying it because of server hopping and multi-server approach vectors.

Got any video footage?

Nice idea - hopefully it will be easier to create such fortifications in the future.

really cool place. i just ran down there. looks a bit strange when there is just nobody there though. i would love to help out with it

record this on video next time. It sounds like a very interesting way to play the game.

Nice idea - hopefully it will be easier to create such fortifications in the future.

I agree saddly something like this is just no where near practial in terms of players needed to make and sustain.