Sign in to follow this  
JoeMama_Inc

Please Fix FPS

i think you're looking at your cpu usage wrong

the only accurate in-game way to measure per-core usage is using MSI Afterburner as far as i know.....even so i can 100% guarrantee you that you are CPU-bottlenecked, regardless of what your CPU is

if disabling shadows doesnt give you an acceptable FPS in cities then you need a better cpu

"regardless of what your CPU is"   ---> my personal fav for today

i used msi afterburner to check and i got a 2500k....cant imagine its too low to have stady fps

all 4 cores wasnt above 60% usage....dont get me wrong i would realy aprociate any helpfull tips, but this "get a better pc" wont help me at as i already got a quadcore @3,3

edit: actually its 3,7 in turbo mode with 4 cores and 4 threads.... aka bottleneck?

Edited by Freshmen

I'm usually never caught up on news for the game. When do they plan on moving to the new engine?

My guess is fall of 2020 :P

I'm usually never caught up on news for the game. When do they plan on moving to the new engine?

My guess is fall of 2020 :P

It's not simply switching engines but rather a constant process of transformation and the engine is already different enough from Arma 2.5 to constitute giving it the name "Enfusion". 

Concurrents do not equal uniques. DayZ has an average of 1,100,000 unique players cycling in and trying the new content each month.

over one million already just wow

thats the population of Luxembourg   TWICE!

Edited by Freshmen

Two points -

1) Developers will begin in 2015 to use the forums as the central point of communication with the userbase. You will see more of us here.

2) As mentioned prior, DayZ has little to no optimization done on it client side at this time. This is tied almost entirely to the fact that we are in progress of replacing the renderering portion of our core engine. Any optimization done on the original renderer would be man hours lost, and time added on to the development of DayZ.

Concurrents do not equal uniques. DayZ has an average of 1,100,000 unique players cycling in and trying the new content each month.

Oh I am aware of DayZ not being optimized.  I was just stating that because of the lack of discussion heard by you folks at Bohemia on these very forums, people get up in arms over everything.

The sad thing about DayZ-SA performance is that we have such a low FPS without zombies! In DayZ-Mod the main issue with performance in towns were zombies (and some loot had minor influence). 

I don't want to look grim ore too skeptical, but I suspect that new render won't solve even 1/3 of FPS issues. Just look how BIS worked to fix zombies and how the tied to create a "network bubble".

Two points -

1) Developers will begin in 2015 to use the forums as the central point of communication with the userbase. You will see more of us here.
2) As mentioned prior, DayZ has little to no optimization done on it client side at this time. This is tied almost entirely to the fact that we are in progress of replacing the renderering portion of our core engine. Any optimization done on the original renderer would be man hours lost, and time added on to the development of DayZ.

• Could you please specify minimum and medium user PC config for DayZ SA you are aiming for?
  • Are there any plans for x64 client (not only server)
  • Will optimization include excessive multicore and multithread usage?
  • Will there be any optimizations for hexa- octacore CPU's, since DayZ is also planned for PS4 (with it's 8-core CPU)?
Edited by Zak Preston

Ah... FPS.

Trust me OP, if getting the FPS fixed (or at least the game optimised) was as simple as starting a thread on here then I would have solved that problem a long, long time ago.

Not that I disagree with the premise, but a little searching on this forum before posting would have given you the answers you are searching for, and more...

"regardless of what your CPU is"   ---> my personal fav for today

i used msi afterburner to check and i got a 2500k....cant imagine its too low to have stady fps

all 4 cores wasnt above 60% usage....dont get me wrong i would realy aprociate any helpfull tips, but this "get a better pc" wont help me at as i already got a quadcore @3,3

edit: actually its 3,7 in turbo mode with 4 cores and 4 threads.... aka bottleneck?

yes, your cpu is bottlenecked, 3.7 in turbo isn't enough for this game, and this game doesn't use your 4 cores it uses 2 BARELY, mostly 1

if you're using afterburner/hwinfo with the in-game display that shows PER-CORE load then you should clearly see that one of your cores is maxed out (99%) pretty much always

this topic has been done to death, it's the same problem in Breaking Point and it was the same problem in Dayz Mod

Edited by anarky321

yes, your cpu is bottlenecked, 3.7 in turbo isn't enough for this game, and this game doesn't use your 4 cores it uses 2 BARELY, mostly 1

if you're using afterburner/hwinfo with the in-game display that shows PER-CORE load then you should clearly see that one of your cores is maxed out (99%) pretty much always

this topic has been done to death, it's the same problem in Breaking Point and it was the same problem in Dayz Mod

Soorry meh me two stupid to read pink lanes, maybe you can help? Struggle finding those 99% your talking off

IMG_20141225_101959.jpg

IMG_20141225_102043.jpg

IMG_20141225_102050.jpg

IMG_20141225_102057.jpg

IMG_20141225_102112.jpg

anyway g2g must buy new cpu cuz dayz min specs will be 4,5 GHz

Not to get all sassy, but I am.

People/kids want to blame everyone else for THEIR(fps) problems. Look in the mirror and change yourself(your computer)

Im sorry but your not helping the situation one bit. Upgrading his comp will help of course, that always helps. But are you seriously telling me that 16gb of ram, GTX 970 and a i7quad core 4790k needs to be upgraded? I get about 30 fps and less in cities. I play on normal. Its wrong. (I know theres a new renderer coming but thats not part of this argument). Think before speaking.

Soorry meh me two stupid to read pink lanes, maybe you can help? Struggle finding those 99% your talking off

IMG_20141225_101959.jpg

IMG_20141225_102043.jpg

IMG_20141225_102050.jpg

IMG_20141225_102057.jpg

IMG_20141225_102112.jpg

anyway g2g must buy new cpu cuz dayz min specs will be 4,5 GHz

if you don't want the help then don't come here and whine about it

im not a cpu salesman, i was trying to explain to you why your fps is shit

look at your own numbers - your gpu usage is hovering at around 35% and your cpu usage is hovering at around 80%, it might just be a flawed way in how afterburner reports the #'s

drop the resolution by 50% and look at your fps...it probably won't change

Edited by anarky321

if you don't want the help then don't come here and whine about it

Actually i didn't whine at all. I only wrote my experiences (sorry for that) and encourage ppl to wait for the new renders before they dump the game due low fps

im not a cpu salesman, i was trying to explain to you why your fps is shit

No you are more like "me cool me new pc, your pcs suck, buy new or deal with it"

look at your own numbers - your gpu usage is hovering at around 35% and your cpu usage is hovering at around 80%, it might just be a flawed way in how afterburner reports the #'s

Sure everything and everyone is flawed but not you right?

drop the resolution by 50% and look at your fps...it probably won't change

Already did, helped a little (~5-10 fps) but i more enjoy playing with low fps in big cities than with the 50% resolution

You really think Bohemia (or any one else) is producing a game right now which only people can play who bought their pcs during the last year? Would be a pretty big bummer for a game which is already sometimes refereed as a "niche-game"

Anyway to "clear things out" here are the OFFICIAL minimum and recommended specs, while my system is above those, i still have fps under 24. How do you explain that? Stupid guys at steam cant copy paste specs? Flawed programmers don't know their own specs?

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB VRAM or better
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 14 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

And yes i´m still pretty thankful for HELPING commends about some tweaks and stuff

I'd love to see the source of these numbers, even more so when you add "in fact" to the start of it.[/quote. http://steamcharts.com/app/221100

This chart shows the number of players online at a given time, not the total of unique connections by day or by month.

Edited by ankiltareum

Im sorry but your not helping the situation one bit. Upgrading his comp will help of course, that always helps. But are you seriously telling me that 16gb of ram, GTX 970 and a i7quad core 4790k needs to be upgraded? I get about 30 fps and less in cities. I play on normal. Its wrong. (I know theres a new renderer coming but thats not part of this argument). Think before speaking.

Setting, My man.... settings.

If the OP did his reading and knew this is game not in any since optimized and that's... correct me if I'm wrong but it's still in the alpha stage, he would know not to worry about it this as it's doesn't even matter WHAT you setup is the game runs like shit.

So again... mess with the in-game settings and find what works for your computer.

Thanks. :)

Edited by BMAF
  • Like 1

Already did, helped a little (~5-10 fps) but i more enjoy playing with low fps in big cities than with the 50% resolution

i said drop your resolution so you'd see that you're cpu bottlenecked genius , not to play with 50% resolution

you don't know basic things like determining which component is bottlenecking your fps you can come here and copy and paste recommended system specs all day long but it doesn't mean anything, arma2 ran like shit for me too until i overclocked my cpu to the max now it runs great

i have a crap laptop gpu and i run the game at 1920x1080 just fine, very rarely does it go below 30fps

im done trying to help you  wait for a new renderer then

• Like 1

It's not simply switching engines but rather a constant process of transformation and the engine is already different enough from Arma 2.5 to constitute giving it the name "Enfusion". 

It's Infusion, not Enfusion.

Turn your settings up and try that. Seriously. 

I looked at what I was getting for FPS and it was okay but dropping into the 20s in cities. Friend of mine stated that maxing out shadows had helped and might help as it triggers the game/windows to start moving processing over to the video card. If you have an okay CPU and a really solid video card like myself you will notice that the CPU is doing a large amount of the work. When I turned everything up to high my FPS went up because a larger share of the rendering was being handled by the video card which was mostly sitting idle previously. 

• Like 2

Turn your settings up and try that. Seriously. 

I looked at what I was getting for FPS and it was okay but dropping into the 20s in cities. Friend of mine stated that maxing out shadows had helped and might help as it triggers the game/windows to start moving processing over to the video card. If you have an okay CPU and a really solid video card like myself you will notice that the CPU is doing a large amount of the work. When I turned everything up to high my FPS went up because a larger share of the rendering was being handled by the video card which was mostly sitting idle previously. 

Solid advice i shake my head every time i see people saying drop all the settings to low when for as long as i have played RV engine games they have always done the terrible palm off to the cpu when lowered( especially shadows) and when your cpu is already doing most of the work throwing more at it to render is only going to hurt your fps.

I shake my head too how increasing the settings leverages the workload off the cpu. I get 50-60 fps on very low and 20- 30 on very high. I tested by increasing every settings by small incrementals and that would just lower my fps in cities. Smaa, object detail have the biggest impact on my fps. I dont think my gpu is the problem as it would use only 85%. Same scenario on my desktop wich blazes through my laptop.

Anyday, I would pick 60fps on very low over 40 fps high/med for firefights. So i doubt this method works as my fps would plummet by doing this as i have already tried it many times.

Edited by smochi