Sign in to follow this  
kmancoke1298

Help

What do i need to play DayZ? No mods. People have been saying you need the Arma 2 to plays DayZ mod. What is the differnce?

• Like 1

If you want to play the Standalone, you just need a computer. And Steam. And guts. And a spoon.

• Like 1

If you want to play the Standalone, you just need a computer. And Steam. And guts. And a spoon.

I got steam (check) i got a computer (check) dont got a spoon. And what is the Standalone

If you want to play DayZ Standalone, then you only need DayZ.

DayZ Mod is a mod on top of Arma 2, so you'd need to own Arma 2 first. There is also a mod for Arma 3 as well.

Stand alone is DayZ as it's own separate game not a mod of Arma 2, which is how it started

Stand alone is DayZ as it's own separate game not a mod of Arma 2, which is how it started

Thank you for a good actual answer:)

• Like 1

This is like me going to Battlelog and asking if Battlefield 4 is out. 

• Like 1

They made Arma 2, then Dean made a mod to the game and called DayZ. It was extremely popular and they decided to make a "proper" game out of it and called it DayZ Standalone.

To play the mod you need Arma 2 and Operation Arrowheaad (DLC for Arma 2), steam and then download the DayZ mod. Make sure you play both A2 and OAH once before you boot up the mod. You can also DL dayZ commander which is really a must have to launching DayZ the mod.

To play DayZ Standalone, just need steam and then purchase the game.

• Like 2

Dayz is a mod of the game Arma2.  It proved so popular that Rocket designed a separate game called Dayz Standalone.  You need arma2 for the mod game but you only need to buy the standalone game if that's what you want to play.  They are NOT the same game.  :thumbsup:

You could type Dayz mod into youtube and view a few vids, then type dayz standalone into youtube and do the same.  It might help you see which one you are looking for.

Good luck.

Edited by Sula