Zjasuu

Ruining the christmas

-Snip-

Well alright. The politica quagmire that is the middle east, Mogadishu, several African nations and tribes currently massacring one another even though us priviledged white people like to pretend it isn't happening aaaaaaaaand North Korea.

I would like to point out that I brought up three points that refute what you said, whereas you provided an example of a well known natural disaster that every celebrity and their dog was jumping on to get free publicity when in fact the rest of the thinking/feeling West had been offering aid work in all sorts of Nations that include ones where white people get shot for being white people all over the world.

Also since you decided to be such a condescending ass and attack me as a person, rather than discuss the points I brought up I provide you the following because it is as meaningful as your "argument".

your-argument-is-invalid-because-aliens.

-snip-

For the nigh-constant and all-encompassing tribal warfare that exists in many of the regions you mentioned, look up "endemic warfare". Not all that destructive or deadly, all things considered, and religious/sectarian disagreements cover the rest of the rationale behind the troubles of the region.  Also, the 20th and 21st centuries, with the exceptions of WW1 and WW2, we are living in literally the most peaceful, most tolerant, and most cooperative era of human history. 

http://www.quora.com/What-was-the-most-peaceful-time-in-human-history

http://www.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424053111904106704576583203589408180?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424053111904106704576583203589408180.html

As for Hurricane Sandy, we (actually living with the aftermath) sure as hell didn't give a shit about the celebrities and politicians thumping their chests and showboating themselves. My family, and hell, my city, didn't receive any spotlight. We cleaned the streets ourselves. And, does it really matter how much media attention it got?  A disaster is a disaster is a disaster. 

"killed those of us who weren't violent as well because if we -could- kill them and take their stuff, we totally would."

Really? I wouldn't. And, during the Neolithic, there were intercontinental trade routes, organized craftsmen, and defense/trade/support agreements between many tribes. (examine the Iroquois Confederacy, which served as a basis for the US Constitution)  Different from the killfrenzy-esqe scenario you mention. And, the hunting aspect you mention? Often highly ritualized, including "apologizing" to the killed animal, thanking it for giving it's life. Humans are (debatable, but to current thinking, true) the only animal on the planet to feel and exhibit empathy, both for our own species and for other animals as well.

Where exactly did I attack you as a person? All I did was ask for your qualifications, because you didn't exactly provide any. A "classic education" can be any degree, which I also have. I backed up my posts with both articles and, linked in the articles, data and research. You did not. I wanted to examine the context behind your points, via your education.

-snip-

As much as I'd love to continue this -thrilling- debate, I expressed an opinion to the contrary and your first word's were a Lawyer's defamation argument. That being said, I leave you with the following my friend.

987251565_22ea2338dd.jpg

No hard feelings <3