Sign in to follow this  
Paah (DayZ)

Deny saving tents/vehicles outside of map.

I think whenever someone tries to do the "save tent" or "save vehicle" outside the real map, the Hive should just not save it there. This would make people actually set their camps within the real map and not 2 klicks outside in a random spot that only clan members can find with provided coordinates.

why? anyone knows there is stuff placed there, seriously

just because you guys dont want to take a long walk to find the stashes, doesnt mean stashing stuff far away shouldnt be a viable tactic

-1, except for vehicles, i wanna find me a f***ing VW-Bus

-1 cause the map isnt big enough.

Even a single person can scan half the potential wilderness in one day by foot, having atv or a bike pretty much will guarantee you a find if there is a camp. So if that person knows there is a clan or group of people playing on the server he will find it(I know I did). several people can do it much much faster. There isn't much space to hide the camps if you think about it. You also cant set it up anywhere in the inner section of the map because it will be found by random travelers pretty fast.

Unless there is some other way to protect or hide camps limiting it only within map barriers will discourage people from teaming up, setting up camps and eventually playing the game altogether.

So before going all hurp durp use some logic and common sense. thanks.

I like the idea. The game is based on perma death yet clans dominate over half the vehicles and constantly farm up all the good stuff and stock it in their tents leaving nothing for regular solo players. If they die, it's not like they care because they have 20 more guns in their tents and a hundred more NV goggles. Camps are made to be discovered and so are the vehicles. Being solo, or playing with very small groups (2-3) is pretty much pointless.

While I agree that they shouldn't be able to save vehicles outside the map, I sympathise that there isn't anywhere you can really hide a base, seeing as the map is small, and ultimately one-dimensional. By that I mean you only get to explore the surface landscape - there are no underground locations or the like to hide out of plain-sight. It tends to be rolling fields. No natrual valleys and cliffs to obscure your sight, or caves. Ya know.

The game is based on perma death yet clans dominate over half the vehicles and constantly farm up all the good stuff and stock it in their tents leaving nothing for regular solo players.

Lol.

If they die' date=' it's not like they care because they have 20 more guns in their tents and a hundred more NV goggles.[/quote']

Lol.

Camps are made to be discovered and so are the vehicles. Being solo' date=' or playing with very small groups (2-3) is pretty much pointless.[/quote']

Lol. This is the funniest statement out of all of them. My clan can manage to get 20ish members online at the same time, and you know what? I prefer to be in a small group of 2-4.

stuffing-hoarding cars outside of map is the stupidest thing I saw in this game yet. but what can be done.. +1 for your idea and there must be save limit for a player. a player can only save 1 vehicle. if you try saving another, the vehicle you saved before should be erased or reset to original position idk..I got the same idea with tents.

• Like 1

there is maybe a fix to this that ander want to be in a future patch.

that if you save a tent/vehicle outside the map it will despawn and spawn on its spawn location on a server restart. (read it somewhere).

LOL at people trying to defend this. They are obviously the clowns with tents and vehicles outside the map right now.

Hiding shit outside the map is a pussy move, period. My group came across some vehicles over the last few days. We tried hiding them in the map, they wound up getting taken. Of course it sucks, but such is life in the zone. You can't expect to live forever, so why does it make any sense to find a car and have it in your possession for a month?

Grow some balls, put your shit in the map and if you're so scared about it getting taken, you're already breaking the golden rule of dayz (not getting attached to your items). Since you're that scared, post sentries to watch your camp at all times. You guys obviously have a sickening level of determination in order to not only find a spot way off outside the map, but walk to it multiple times everyday.

• Like 1

LOL at people trying to defend this. They are obviously the clowns with tents and vehicles outside the map right now.

Hiding shit outside the map is a pussy move' date=' period. My group came across some vehicles over the last few days. We tried hiding them in the map, they wound up getting taken. Of course it sucks, but such is life in the zone. You can't expect to live forever, so why does it make any sense to find a car and have it in your possession for a month?

Grow some balls, put your shit in the map and if you're so scared about it getting taken, you're already breaking the golden rule of dayz (not getting attached to your items). Since you're that scared, post sentries to watch your camp at all times. You guys obviously have a sickening level of determination in order to not only find a spot way off outside the map, but walk to it multiple times everyday.

[/quote']

yeah man tell me about it. I found 2 vehicles to this time a hatchback and atv. me and friend drive it till we fuck it up, then repaired and parked it to near player spawn location with fully repaired and almost full of gas so maybe a newbie could find it when he spawned on that server. I would try to pick up whole cherno and drive to NW airfield if I had a bus lol.

-1 until you can properly define what 'the map' is.

Are we talking about the paper map? Are we talking about some arbitrary map size you've invented? I have to ask this, because my group had a camp that was on the very edge of the north side of the paper map. Quite literally, right on the 20-21 grid marks. Is that outside the map? And if so, why is it so densely populated with trees?

-1 until you can properly define what 'the map' is.

Are we talking about the paper map? Are we talking about some arbitrary map size you've invented? I have to ask this' date=' because my group had a camp that was on the very edge of the north side of the paper map. Quite literally, right on the 20-21 grid marks. Is that outside the map? And if so, why is it so densely populated with trees?

[/quote']

The map edge means exactly that. There is a boundary where features such as trees and basic grass textures are not placed: http://i.imgur.com/uKIVJ.jpg

Anything past this point is (as The Prophecy rightly put in his post) indicative of becoming too attached to your equipment/your character.

I feel that this is much an exploit of the engine as server-hopping or duping.