Sign in to follow this  
sinnaman

Last of the Living - Hardcore PvP Server - No server messages

Hello all!

Jan. 12th, 2016: Lots of stuff has happened since last update. We are now a 40-slot public hardcore (1PP only) server based in the UK (new IP), with focus on PvP in the northern areas of the map. We have been through a rough patch with little activity, but are now seeing the playerbase increasing once more. The choice to go hardcore was made from the evolved preferences of LotL members, and the change has most definitely been for the better, both in regards to activity but also seeing our own members return to the game. We are also encouraging basebuilding and will not delete persistence in the foreseeable future, thanks to the new CLE which certainly seems to be doing well. Lastly, we have removed all server messages, both as a favor to the streaming community and our immersion-crazed players.

We hope to see you all in the server soon - gun in hand. :)

Last of the Living is a group of adult players, both "heroes" and "bandits", ranging from 25-45 years of age, based in different parts of Europe. The group hosts a public hardcore server and we are currently welcoming any and all players to come enjoy the ultimate survivor experience with us.

Visit us on Facebook

The first server opened in early March 2014 and has since become a hub for players worldwide looking for stability. By stability we mean servers that have a defined set of restart times (03:00 and 15:00 CET), does not welcome abusive or cheating players and is free of cry-baby admins who may restart the server if they get killed. The server also warns players about upcoming restarts 3 and 1 minute(s) prior, so that you don't lose your hard-earned loot on the ground while you're reorganizing your inventory. Lastly, we have highly active admins constantly watching the servers in case of lock-ups or cheating. Stop by our TS3-server to report cheaters or just say hi, we're on most times of the day.

b_560_95_1.png 
Last of the Living: Northern PvP // Daytime // Real Hardcore
dayz.lotlclan.com:2302
40 slots
Timeframe: 06:15 - 18:15
b_560_95_1.png 
Last of the Living TS3:
ts.lotlclan.com:9298
15 slots

Contact e-mail:
admin (at) lotlclan.com

Also not a bandit,
Sinnaman

Edited by Sinnaman
  • Like 2

It's been great but also heartbreaking to see the server fill up so quickly, and for all those left out we decided to add 10 more slots!

Happy camping,

Sinnaman

Thanks to all the great folks that have made this their home we are now considering opening a second server (need more money though :P). We've opened up the TeamSpeak 3 server, so feel free to stop by and have a chat with us.

Edited by Sinnaman

Thanks to the great core players and key donations, we've now expanded the private shard to include one more Last of the Living DayZ server! The good thing is that (for now, at least) you can use the same character on both servers.

Enjoy,

Sinnaman

Edited by Sinnaman

Hmm.. that's interesting being able to use the same character between regular mode and hardcore mode private servers. I'll have to wait another 10 years before I can play on your servers though, haha, just kidding. I'm occupied as it is. But I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope you get to expand!

• Like 1

I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope you get to expand!

Thank you, the hardcore server hasn't exactly been filled yet, but I'm sure that's simply because most HC players already have a steady "home". Hope you get a chance to play at some point, you are most welcome here. :)

We've been messing with the settings on the 2nd server and decided to change it to 3PP:ON. We also changed the start times so the server will now be set to 6:45 AM game time when it starts. Come watch the sunrise with us, it's beautiful!

Cheers,

Sinnaman

100 players total on our two servers at the moment - this is a good day.

A very happy bandit today

Sinnaman

Edited by Sinnaman

Been having some great PvP the last few days - you guys just don't give up do you?

[shark] clan still claiming Vybor military as their own - anyone gonna challenge them?

Edited by Sinnaman

Fellow survivors,

the week is coming to an end and we look forward to another stable patch on Wednesday which should bring extensive server logs, including death/damage dealing. This means that we will have a lot more insight into what is actually happening on the server and we finally have a leg to stand on in the fight against the undesirables (cheaters). Myself and a couple of the Living are going to be patrolling the major cities day and night for the first ensuing weeks to reveal and deal with script-kiddies and the like, so the PvP experience on our server finally can come back to a fair level.

We do still highly appreciate your help in revealing cheaters. Keep your Fraps/ShadowPlay on the ready, and let us know the minute something happens. The good thing is you don't have to "check pulse" to reveal hackers anymore, just get the incident recorded and note the time.

For most times of the day we can be found lingering on our TS3 - ts.lotlclan.com:10005, but you can also send an email to admin [at] lotlclan.com and we will respond on the fly.

An always vigilant bandit,

Sinnaman

Edited by Sinnaman

A little update:

Our server #2 was experiencing some weird latency for some of our users, hence we tried moving it from Frankfurt to the same server park as our original server, in Copenhagen. With this change also comes a new server IP meaning that some of you may not find the server in your favorites anymore. Look again for Last of the Living #2 in the server list or direct connect to:

80.243.125.44:2302

On a side note, we've been having a good couple of last days, and I'd like to thank you all again for keeping us in the top 50! We've been having some rough times lately with a lot of lock-ups and cheater activity, but our admins have been active and today we actually caught more hackers in one day than we've ever done before!

So again - THANK YOU! We love you and hope you keep giving us good feedback - it's certainly helped.

Sinnaman

It's Wednesday, people!

This is the one we've been waiting for. The new logs should roll out today along with a variety of bug fixes and anti-cheat systems. I, for one, will be hanging out in major cities making sure things are running smoothly in regards to undesirables - you all just make sure to have fun as you normally would, and come running to me or my clanmates if cheaters be about.

Excited for what's about to happen,

Sinnaman

Another wednesday has passed, and the server maintenance seems to have made a difference this time in regards to crashes. We've also had much less hacker activity than usual, and I think we have a new and improved BattlEye to thank for that.

Thank you all for stopping by our second server despite the recent week of persistence, which many of you voiced your opinions on. We've now changed back to usual, with persistence disabled. Hopefully next patch will bring better loot economy, we shall see. :)

Cheers,

Sinnaman

Edited by Sinnaman
  • Like 1

The second server is now restarting every 2 hours! We've had a lot of activity on this server lately, and we've also met a lot of great people. There have been intense firefights and even the occasional destruction derby when more than two trucks meet in a field outside Vybor military. :D Thank you all again for keeping us up to date on undesirable behavior, and don't forget you can also e-mail us if the server freezes or something else is on your mind (admin [at] lotlclan.com).

Sincerely,

Sinnaman (The clueless bandit)

There have been a few instances of duping on the server, and we'd like to point out and stress that duping is prohibited and will get you banned.

Strictly sincerely,

Sinnaman

Busy friday night in Last of the Living servers!

We know there are a few of you who are fond of the hardcore playstyle, and we are currently working on an option for you to also be able to get your hardcore on at the Last of the Living servers. Stand by for more, or stop by our website to take part in polls.

Cheers,

Sinnaman

Sunday Funday!

Come do some proper PvP today in all the major cities. What have you been gearing up for this week anyway? Stop by our TS3 for challenges.

Cheers,

Sinnaman

Server #3 is on the horizon! Stay tuned, folks.

Sinnaman

Edited by Sinnaman

We changed our server #2 to hardcore (3PP off), and left the vote up to you; share a shard with server 1 or get a whole new master shard? The vote is on at lotlclan.com.

Cheers,

Sinnaman

We're gathering in Elektro for some proper PvP tonight. Anyone wanna join us? :)

I've been playing DayZ casually on and off and at the moment I suffer the problem of not finding enough people.  I don't care much if I'm being shot at or making friendlies - enjoy both.  Just want to get exposed to more players.  

I play from around 21:00 UTC to around 01:00 UTC typically - is that a good time for your server?  

Yeah, our servers will typically quiet down around 00:30-01:00. Most times from around 17:00 to 00:00 server 1's full, weekdays considered.

A new era has commenced! We've started setting up our camp - can you find it?