You could always make it so you cannot shoot someone who has their weapon downed away from the 'ready' position.

Those who oppose this stop and think for a second now. IF they have their weapon down they are considered friendly, and you only be wasting ammo trying to hit them.

"oh but they'll just pop out of it soon as I turn my back and shoot me" press Right Control +R to lower your weapon, they now cannot shoot you.

Now you well have to catch people off guard like a proper bandit should. You either kill them before they know of your existence, or you well have to agree to work with them and wait til their guard drops and hit them in the right moment. More cloak and dagger, less "lol I shoot you running around cause I think I can play COD huur hurr hurr"

The game needs a proper mechanic to declare yourself as 'friendly' so all the loverly cloak and dagger stuff goes down properly

"But people well always have their weapon lowered so i can snipe them from a distance"

Like a proper sniper my friend, wait for the most opportune moment to strike, hit them, then vanish in the shadows leaving them to wonder, was there ever really a sniper to begin with?

No.

If you can't see how this will be abused, I'll worry about your mental health when I have nothing better to do.

No.

If you can't see how this will be abused' date=' I'll worry about your mental health when I have nothing better to do.

[/quote']

Oh no there are some possible ways for it to be abused, I'm just trying to get somethign in the game that well stop people from playing the DayZ mod like it was some run and gun shooter against people who are helpless.

No one trusts anyone in the game, I want it to feel more like a 'that guy was planning this the whole time' or 'nice shot' rather then 'really, all i had was a fire axe and you needed to waste a clip on me while i tired to avoid you"

Their is no communication in the game, I might as well just go play Call of Duty, then at least when i bump into someone, when they do shoot me, it is the point of the game.

This is a survival style Mod, and it doesn't feel like one, it feels like you either have to win big before you can get supplies, or be a level 1 Magicarp

Even if you tried to force people to work together, you will ALWAYS have people kill you for the laugh.

They have nothing better to do. Many will even play games with NO PVP and still find ways to ruin your happy fun experience. Look at minecraft in creative mode on the PC as a great one. Griefers love to ruin your experience, simple as that.

To stop people from randomly killing each other for no reason, you either have to break this game (force PvP to end) or you have to systematically teach each and every person to not kill randomly. And even then, you'd still have griefers.

TL;DR- Get used to getting shot.

Even if you tried to force people to work together' date=' you will ALWAYS have people kill you for the laugh.

They have nothing better to do. Many will even play games with NO PVP and still find ways to ruin your happy fun experience. Look at minecraft in creative mode on the PC as a great one. Griefers love to ruin your experience, simple as that.

To stop people from randomly killing each other for no reason, you either have to break this game (force PvP to end) or you have to systematically teach each and every person to not kill randomly. And even then, you'd still have griefers.

[/quote']

You can at least take the time to try and deal with griefers.

TL;DR- Get used to getting shot.

Sorry, did my post offend your small vocabulary I thought I was using small words. Good to know you give up easily.

You took that as an insult and then insulted me and my limited vocabulary?! Have at you, sir!

No but seriously, get used to getting shot. It isn't ending, getting limited or even slowed in the slightest in the foreseeable future.

Meant well, unfortunately trust being at the hair of a trigger is whats making this game epic.

Meant well' date=' unfortunately trust being at the hair of a trigger is whats making this game epic.

[/quote']

It is making me feel like I should just go play minecraft and do nothing making pixalated blocks of blocky structures. This seems to have lost all value of acutally being a sort of Z-day simulation and more of a call of duty where you get to get shot cause you logged into a sever one day and lost all your gear cause you got gunned down cause no one bothers to try and do anything but that, and now you get to respawn with less, oh and everyone one is barricading anthing easy to get to to force you to go somewhere where you have to get shot/killed to get even a simple can of beans.

Yeah, if you want to kill zombies with friends, Minecraft works. So does Dead Frontier, Dead Island, Dead Rising 2 (2 player co-op) and Left4Dead (1&2).

If you want a survival mod, with PvP and Zombies, welcome to DayZ.

Yeah' date=' if you want to kill zombies with friends, Minecraft works. So does Dead Frontier, Dead Island, Dead Rising 2 (2 player co-op) and Left4Dead (1&2).

[/quote']

IF I want a survival mod with decent graphics, that consists of actually surviving, I need a different game currently, is is just Call of Duty where people came or barricade the only decent item spawn points so I cannot advance to out of the coastline

Yeah' date=' if you want to kill zombies with friends, Minecraft works. So does Dead Frontier, Dead Island, Dead Rising 2 (2 player co-op) and Left4Dead (1&2).

[/quote']

IF I want a survival mod with decent graphics, that consists of actually surviving, I need a different game currently, is is just Call of Duty where people came or barricade the only decent item spawn points so I cannot advance to out of the coastline

Try leaving the coastline right away, then look for deer stands. The often contain guns and morphine. Play sneaky, stay away from hotspots unless you are prepared. Making PvP optional would completely ruin the immersion.

Well, I would suggest looking for survival simulation games on google. Humans will remain humans and do rather boring and predictable things.

Once you are ready for PvP with your survival simulation game, Arma2CO with the DayZ mod will be waiting.

Or if you like mining, minecraft. Mining in space, Eve online. But that has PvP as well.

Mining in space' date=' Eve online. But that has PvP as well.

[/quote']

In space everything is better, also the game at least encourages players not to attack each other blindly.

Mining in space' date=' Eve online. But that has PvP as well.

[/quote']

In space everything is better, also the game at least encourages players not to attack each other blindly.

No, it discourages PvP in High Security Space. Anywhere else and you are fair game, with minor negative affects in Lowsec and none in nullsec.

But yes, I love space combat!

(Long Time Space Pilot, SWG, Eve, and more)

No' date=' it discourages PvP in High Security Space. Anywhere else and you are fair game, with minor negative affects in Lowsec and none in nullsec.

[/quote']

Dreadnaught, that is all.

No' date=' it discourages PvP in High Security Space. Anywhere else and you are fair game, with minor negative affects in Lowsec and none in nullsec.

[/quote']

Dreadnaught, that is all.

Assault Frigate, good luck.

XD

this is rediculous and stupid. made an account just to reply to this thread.

are you mentally unstable by a chance? let me set the scene:

you see a guy in a field all decked in gear, EVERYTHING you need. you aim up a shot with your shitty ass CZ 550, pop a shot, miss, he holsters his gun, and you have to sit there and facepalm because you have no way to kill him.

this is the worst thread i've ever seen

Still no. Thought you got the idea of what the game was about from your "remove PvP" post you deleted. Or maybe a mod deleted it because it was so ridiculous. In either case, as multiple people pointed out to you, PvP isn't going to go away. You have to earn not being shot in the face by a stranger. It takes just as long as stalking someone to guarantee a kill, if not longer. If you aren't going to put the time and effort into earning someone trust in game, they shouldn't have to risk getting shot in the face by some looney running around Cherno screaming friendly.

you can lower your gun allready' date=' only long rifles through. Left ctrl x2 (maybe just once i have my key binding changed)

[/quote']

Bullfrog, he wants 'lowering his gun' to make him invincible.

this is rediculous and stupid. made an account just to reply to this thread.

are you mentally unstable by a chance? let me set the scene:

you see a guy in a field all decked in gear' date=' EVERYTHING you need. you aim up a shot with your shitty ass CZ 550, pop a shot, miss, he holsters his gun, and you have to sit there and facepalm because you have no way to kill him.

this is the worst thread i've ever seen

[/quote']

Then your an idoit making an account just from this, Second, if you cannot hit and kill with your CZ 550, you shouldnt be trying to snipe with it, second, get out of the area, your a shitty sniper and gave away your location.

' pid='226031' dateline='1341161551']

Still no. Thought you got the idea of what the game was about from your "remove PvP" post you deleted. Or maybe a mod deleted it because it was so ridiculous. In either case' date=' as multiple people pointed out to you, PvP isn't going to go away. You have to earn not being shot in the face by a stranger. It takes just as long as stalking someone to guarantee a kill, if not longer. If you aren't going to put the time and effort into earning someone trust in game, they shouldn't have to risk getting shot in the face by some looney running around Cherno screaming friendly.

[/quote']

IT actually just was merge with another thread.

Second, there is no way to earn not being shot by another player, not a single way, thus their needs to be a way to actually try.

And there needs to be a way to get rid of the Well I seen you hiding over their, now i have to try and leave the area and actually attempt to rp contact with another person, oh wait, they just shoot you regardless even if you just spawned, literally.

you can lower your gun allready' date=' only long rifles through. Left ctrl x2 (maybe just once i have my key binding changed)

[/quote']

you can lower your weapon with the button I am talking about already, and not only that IT acutally requires two hands to press.