Sign in to follow this  
ste244@gmail.com

Allow 'direct' water source drinking & increased match spawns

Short & sweet, it's mainly in the title. Drinking directly from water pumps or streams seems like a good idea (to me at least) because it seems pretty un realistic not to be able too.

The match thing is just that they are so damn rare! Who doesn't have a box of matches in their home?

Road flares to ignite fires, lighters as well as matches seen some of those suggestions here somewhere.

I do see matches spawn quite often and pass them by. They're often an iffy spawn. With cans of food and other player spawns, the chances of having food is still quite high. 800+ Blood per meat is nice though ^^

I do see matches spawn quite often and pass them by. They're often an iffy spawn. With cans of food and other player spawns' date=' the chances of having food is still quite high. 800+ Blood per meat is nice though ^^

[/quote']

I dead twice per week [ by bandit ] and a found match / tolbox in the day of my respawn ;)

Short & sweet' date=' it's mainly in the title. Drinking directly from water pumps or streams seems like a good idea (to me at least) because it seems pretty un realistic not to be able too.

[/quote']

Sure is. It also seems pretty unrealistic that when the servers work on a real time 24 hour cycle my need for hydration works an order of magnitude faster. It's kind of silly that half an hour logged in induces a raging thirst from which I'll eventually expire if I don't find some fizzy pop somewhere. Obviously if I was actually running a few kilometres I'd get thirsty but, in temperate climates, extreme dehydration leading to death will be some way off.

Whilst extending the time to real world values would make things too easy it might be better to make it more progressive. So that once you get to the really thirsty stage you can only run for a short time - which you could extend by lightening your load and dropping stuff. Eventually you'd only be able to walk - with perhaps a short burst of speed allowed when a zombie is after you because that would be a powerful motivator.

I like the idea of road flares, perhaps a match box should be a limited use item BUT you can find a much rarer flint and steel (thinking military barracks or something) that is unlimited uses like the match boxes now. The idea of using flares I like because currently, the only way to light a fire is using matches, which is pretty unrealistic.

Yes, matches defentley should have limited use.. or even along the lines of it has random number of matches in it (1-30?)

Lighters could be as rare a matches are now cause i find them pretty rare

defs need to be able to drink straight from water source !

Yes' date=' matches defentley should have limited use.. or even along the lines of it has random number of matches in it (1-30?)

Lighters could be as rare a matches are now cause i find them pretty rare

[hr']

defs need to be able to drink straight from water source !

A random match number could be a good idea.

Lighters would also have to be limited (or at least refillable in a gas station).

And yes, drink straight from water sources.

Hell, you should be even able to drink your soaked clothes if you stay too long in the rain.

While I don't think that matches are all *too* rare, I wholly support direct drinking from water sources. I almost died of thirst within reach of a water spout a few days back because I didn't have a canteen to fill up.

Reminds me of the story of Gideon - we MUST drink from cups! We cannot drink like animals, with our hands and tongues!