Sign in to follow this  
papajo

Rethinking the itemspawn and health state.

I dont agree that much with the current system of loot nor with the characters stats on hydration and energy...

Its like the game is made for you to either die in a few minutes or if you surpass that fast curve of being hungry and hydrate live for ever except if an other players kills you...

And thats because you are dehydrated and hungry in an unrealistic rate and food (especially after the .51 patch) is much less especially in villages etc (so it just an other reason to overpopulate a big town)

after though you got that green sign of hydration and energy you sudenly dont need much nuration to keep up.

For example when I am hydrated and healthy I roam around the town for quite a few time without even the need to take a zip of water or a bite of food... though newspans need to eat like 3 cans of food  to be ok(if they manage to find a screw driver or a kitchen knife because lets face it canopener is more rare than an m4) otherwise they need even more... and plenty of water but ok water is much easier to find (not as loot but there are many ponds and wells)

I did die (actually fell unconcious) out of hanger halfway from elektro to berezino HALF WAY as a newspan and one of the times I did die out of hunger I had eaten 2 cans of spagetti (but like about 35% each) simply because my hunger rate increased very fast and i couldnt find any food in remote houses or villages in bettwen 

I think loot should be like 10 times bigger but respawn in a much bigger timeframe as well (like refreshing it once every month or so). And that you should be able to survive 3 days without water and like 5 to 7 without food (especially if you dont take long jurneys dont get injured etc)

And the excessive loot would be exploited as much as one could think because there is only that much a backpack can hold so even if players would like to take like 20 cans of food they wouldnt because either their backpack couldnt hold it or if they have a bigger one they would limit the space for other stuff such as medpacks,injections,maps,compass,pistol and general gear you need to carry... so players would take only what they need and leave the rest of other players.

and thats the more realistic way to go I mean you cant go to a supermarket an fin 1 can of food and one orange (and that if you are lucky and the place was not looted)

DayZ survivors are supposed to spawn near day zero not like 10 years after that so most of the stuff in supermarkets etc should be there...

And also most of the stuff for the same reason should be in good condition.

Also worn food should make you sick (or atleast there should be a possibility to get sick) as far as I know no matter how much worn food you eat you are ok no matter what.

Its like the game is made for you to either die in a few minutes or if you surpass that fast curve of being hungry and hydrate live for ever except if an other players kills you...

50jMzbv.gif

• Like 1

Hi papajo,

I agree, the food loot and system is currently unrealistic and remote from fun to play.

However I must explain that devs often test things by going to extremes to see how the player reacts, how the game play is affected. I'm confident you already know this.

I think that I too like the premise of a sudden outbreak. But I offer to you that such event would results in public panic, looting, hoarding etc.

I wonder if it would be fun to have scenario games where 1 hour relates to 1 day, and the server runs for 3-5 hours at an evening, simulating the first 3-5 days. In such scenario there would be only the initial loot, and NO loot respawning. Weight and volume limitations would prevent people from carrying a truckload of cans. However I can see people carry something like 10-20 cans in a backpak, but the weight will reduce their speed, rotation speed, and increase their metabolism, heat production, water needs, just like in real life.

I trust Dean will get to improve or replace the current system, which is needed.

Edited by Troll_Hunter
  • Like 1