Sign in to follow this  
Duenan

Topping off Mags/Tubes

Its just what it sounds like

It isn't an issue with some weapons, but others like the shotgun and some magazines, it is frustrating. IRL when shooting you usually top off your magazine tube and basically shove in shells until its full. I do this pretty much automatically  so its a bit annoying in game to not be able to reload the shotgun when it has 1 or 2 shells in it without shooting it dry.

I realize certain weapons will be different like any rifle that is fed by stripper clip or a box magazine.

But with weapons like lever actions, shotguns, and revolvers you should be able to load the tube magazine or cylinder when it is less than full.

I.E. I shoot 3 shots with the repeater, and I want to top off those 3 shots for the next fight so my capacity is always full.

This is what gunbelts/bandoleers or shotgun side saddles are for. But even without those (since they're not in the game, you can reload and top off the magazine with shells that are in your pocket.

That said I would like to see side saddles and stock shell carriers along with maybe a gunbelt for the revolver/repeater

sidesaddle.JPG

• Like 2

Support. Whenever im hunting if I only shoot 1 or 2 out of my 3 shots I always top it off to wait for the next wave of ducks.

In game, you don't have to shoot them all though. You can eject the shells out manually, pick them up and combine them with some from your inventory, then reload the gun.

Still we need the ability to top off our ammo.

I am certain that this will happen eventually. 

I own a Mosin Nagant myself, and it's easy to just pull the bolt back and add another round or two. I am actually kind of surprised that this isn't in the game already.