Sign in to follow this  
cheeseburger8

Hemorrhaging, Tourniquets and Craftable Tourniquets

I think that hemorrhaging (excessive bleeding) should be implemented, one that makes you lose blood twice or thrice as fast. In order to stop hemorrhaging or bleeding in general, I think that there should be two types of tourniquets, ones that you find in hospitals that are professionally made (by a real company), and craftable ones (tie rags together, and a screwdriver).

If you don't know what a tourniquet is, look it up before you say anything. 

• Like 1

Wow, a lot of ideas you make a really good, and this is a great addition. Maybe they can go as far as adding clotting when you remove the tourniquet. So If you don't know what you're doing, you screw a lot of things up and can die.

Wow, a lot of ideas you make a really good, and this is a great addition. Maybe they can go as far as adding clotting when you remove the tourniquet. So If you don't know what you're doing, you screw a lot of things up and can die.

Thanks, man. Yeah, they could do so much with this medical system, it's not even funny. 

I hope (and people are gonna dislike this idea) they add a manual bandaging system, where it's kinda like Amnesia: the Dark Descent where the mouse=manual control.

Nice idea! If they added the classic Russian military tourniquet it could even double as a buttstock modification.

$T2eC16J,!yEE9s5jD,YNBQMO7hIWmQ~~60_35.J

RussianSoldierinChechnya.jpg

• Like 1

Great idea bleeding really should be dangerous currently a gunshot to the neck can be cured with a magical rag.

• Like 1

Problem is, if you've got to apply a tourniquet in the absence of a qualified surgeon... you're gonna lose that limb. The playerbase hasn't exactly come out in support of amputation, either.

Basically it's like this: For gameplay's sake, we have to treat non-instantly-lethal shots as grazing wounds or fractures, because if it's anything more serious, you're history. May as well respawn, because hospitals and MEDEVACs are over. There is no help coming.

• Like 1

I actually worry about the damaging effects of bleeding. 

And it's not because I think it would be too hard or anything, but I worry that if you make bleeding damage the player too much, there will be a subsequent loss of the emphasis on one shot kills and headshots. If bleeding kills players too reliably, then body shots will be opted for more and more and weapons like the Mosin or the Longhorn or the Blaze will be similarly less effective since their smaller capacities designate them to marksman roles where getting the headshot makes players...or smart ones at least...move intelligently based on their very limited lead relocating capabilities. 

If bleeding does become deadlier then I won't be complaining or anything. I'll accept it as a game mechanic. But I just think that bleeding shouldn't be so much deadly as it should be relegated to the "list of things I have to take care of very soon and monitor over time for survival reasons" stack.  Gunshot wounds that don't kill you should not have any permanent effects. They should be treatable to the point of being curable. 

Bleeding should be super cereal and should be attended to as soon as possible, but I don't think that surviving a gunshot should have to flip your life turn it upside down. y63QiWw.jpg?1

The ability to repair ailments is an important facet of survival, and the more things you put into the game that cannot be reversed or cured, the worse it will become. 

what is this the army?  :D

sounds good to me!

Edited by DURRHUNTER

If you don't know what a tourniquet is, look it up before you say anything. 

In stead of posting this, why don't YOU do the work and post a picture and a small explanation? This improves the quality of your topic and more people will read it  ;)

I like the idea but it has been suggested before (quality of your post), so maybe you could use the search function too:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/199261-suggestion-improved-first-aid

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/164770-roshis-suggestions

Along with all of this, I made a post about surgery that can be added into this thread as a "Medical" thread. They want Dayz to be realistic, but they won't have realistic damage included. A deep cut to the throat can't be bandaged and be fine, you'll die in 15 seconds. My char has been shot though the heart (and he's to blame) with an arrow and I only bandaged and went on my way. Why is that? A heartshot with a pointy stick shouldve killed me? Maybe there should be critical damage areas, places that have irreversible damage like in real life.

If you get shot in the elbow with a shotgun, that arm is coming off.

Again a question of realism versus playability / fun.

And also a question of how to spent precious development time to yield the most fun.

In essence a tourniquet is meant to prevent blood loss.

In real life it needs attendance and only extends the life of the patient, it does not repair the patient.

I don't think the devs want to simulate people getting their limbs shot off, making a tourniquet a necessity. It would permanently disable players, which would not be fun for long.

At the moment the bandage does the same function as a tourniquet, it stops the patient bleeding to death. It also repairs the player, to full recovery.

What extras would a tourniquet give?

If it would make emergency bandaging take longer, how would that affect game play?