Sign in to follow this  
deathrush

Water bottles and canteens.

During the past week since the patch, I have had hell trying to fill water bottles and canteens. Anyone having issues with this? I put them in hand and go to a lake or something and the full bottle NEVER shows up.

Last night i had to be kneeling in a pond with the canteen in hand in order for the fill bottle to appear. Got completely soaked doing it.

Make sure your centre dot thing is pointing at the water, with the canteen in hand, hit F key and the first scroll option should be 'fill bottle'.. I find it easy to edge too close and get soaked as a result, even though I don't actually look like I'm near enough for that.

Other than that, this mechanic still seems to work pretty well for me.

It does, however, seem to be an increasing problem in game that the way things look is not the way they actually are. If you refill five times (20dcl per time) and then walk away or put the canteen back in your inventory, is it filled then?

Works for me, although I have found it getting "stuck" in an action when I have chosen to "drink all" when all that will resolve it is to remove it from my hands, put it back in then "cancel action".