Sign in to follow this  
bioned

so..... how do i fend myself against zombies when im empty handed?

as the title suggests 

i spawn and go to the nearest house to find some food

i hear a zombie

i go outside start punching it as i move in circles

3 more zembies start chasing me, so i run

i cant seem to outrun them

what do i do?

Aim for the head, headshot will knock it down and keep punching for the head as it gets back up. I usually find they get up 2 or 3 times then die.

Is theres 3 it could be a little tricky,try running into a house and closing the door behind you. You can punch through the windows but the zeds can sometimes get ya through the walls so be carefull, I find the little sheds good for hiding in and punching them :)

• Like 1

I think this is something they will need to change, zombies are far too hard for fresh spawns. At the very least you should be able to outrun them.

All you can do is hope you find a decent weapon before a zombie finds you. Try to keep out of sight and scout everywhere before you pass through. If you get hit and start bleeding then you may as well let them kill you and respawn.

• Like 1

I don't think it needs to be changed at all...it's the only time zombies are scarey and inspires you to gear up as quickly as possible / hope u find what u need etc

they really aren't hard to shake...just run through a tree or two. heck - half the time they give up chasing you through an open field...

• Like 1

I think this is something they will need to change, zombies are far too hard for fresh spawns. At the very least you should be able to outrun them.

All you can do is hope you find a decent weapon before a zombie finds you. Try to keep out of sight and scout everywhere before you pass through. If you get hit and start bleeding then you may as well let them kill you and respawn.

This is not a survivor mentality!!

If you get hit and start bleeding persist! Keep punching for the head and it will die, quickly run to cover and tear up your t shirt into rags then bandage. Keep tearing any unecesary clothing you find to keep supply of rags up while eating and drinking anything you can find.

Never give up, fight till your last breath, iv survived some freshy runs where I thought I was doomed very early on :)

It's not so much that the zombies are too hard for freshspawns, it's that they cheat. They see through walls, run through walls and are damn durable. It's best to just not fight them until you have something big and heavy to hit them with. So... if you don't have something that's an actual weapon, don't engage.

It's advised to avoid standing in their line of sight. Treat them as you would a geared player with a mosin. If they start to chase, jump over fences and sprint like crazy for sheds and woodhouses. Those things always have a good weapons in them, usually a splitting axe. Although people never check them (stupid people...), always look under those green-blue trailers (they're everywhere, clean and out-of-place), there is almost always a good weapon under them (Fireaxe, Machete, Sporter 22, Blaze Rifle).

• Like 3

This is not a survivor mentality!!

If you get hit and start bleeding persist! Keep punching for the head and it will die, quickly run to cover and tear up your t shirt into rags then bandage. Keep tearing any unecesary clothing you find to keep supply of rags up while eating and drinking anything you can find.

Never give up, fight till your last breath, iv survived some freshy runs where I thought I was doomed very early on :)

What's the point in spending ages trying to escape zombies when you only have a t-shirt! If you die then you might get a better respawn.

You can outrun them, just run in a straight line, after about 300 yards (meters) they give up. If you re-leash them they will start chasing you again.

• Like 1

Once the devs add the beginning of stealth it won't be too complicated as a fresh spawn. You could just avoid them, or sneak up behind one and whack it right in the head. Just gotta wait till then, but since it's not here yet, just "Run Forest Run"

Once the devs add the beginning of stealth it won't be too complicated as a fresh spawn. You could just avoid them, or sneak up behind one and whack it right in the head. Just gotta wait till then, but since it's not here yet, just "Run Forest Run"

but how will people run straight to the airfield then? Can't hinder their gameplay by slowing them down with stealth

but how will people run straight to the airfield then? Can't hinder their gameplay by slowing them down with stealth

Well thats not my problem ;) I'll stick to Green Mountain where the spirits protect me

• Like 2

think of zombies as feral dogs or something of that sort

do you really want to be fist fighting an angry animal?

• Like 1

Well... If you got problem with zombies as freshspawn I suggest practice the game, play alot more.. Eventually it will be easy as nothing.. Smartest is to just keep running almost never stop.. And if they come closer just walk to the side when they try to attack and they miss.. Run run run and try find a melee weapon as quick as possible.

Well... If you got problem with zombies as freshspawn I suggest practice the game, play alot more.. Eventually it will be easy as nothing.. Smartest is to just keep running almost never stop.. And if they come closer just walk to the side when they try to attack and they miss.. Run run run and try find a melee weapon as quick as possible.

To expand on this: if you can reliably kill a charging zombie in 1 shot with an axe, then you probably know enough about their behavior to be able to kill them with a crowbar or machete. If you can take out a group of them with one of those non 1 shot weapons, then you can probably punch them dead. Otherwise, run until you have the weapon you know how to use.

3 zombies with fists only can be done. It can be a bit tricky and certainly requires some experience with the game, however it is not impossible. You can easily outrun them however, or trap them in houses by closing doors, and these last two options would be my choice until I found a decent melee weapon.

Zombies are unfortunately the least of your problems at this stage of the game.

There more there are, the easier it gets, albeit it takes a bit more time. They hit themselves if you gather them around you in a clusterfuck.

Have you considered that  maybe you are not supposed to fight them unarmed?

Why not? As long as you are dealing with one it is fairly easy.

If you have 2+ you run, break line of sight, keep running and eventually they will break off.

Another option I have used is I circled a town till I found a an animal then I put the animal between myself and the town and chased it towards the town. It ran into the town, agro'd the zombies who then chased it out of the town and then I was able to loot zombie free. People just need to think a little bit.

• Like 1

Outrunning them isn't too hard. You're not really faster then them, but you dont "outrun" zombies by running along the bambi highway in a straight line.

Vault fences. They can't and need to go around them. Once you did that two or three times, break line of sight by going into the trees and keep on running. Hiding doesn't work yet so don't stop your escape to look if it was successful. Just keep on running until you can't hear the aggro anymore. Move to the next village and hope that you encounter zombies there one by one so you can box them down more easily. Boxing a pack of Z's indeed can be a pain.

Unless you were lucky to come across couple shirts to tear for bandages, i wouldnt recommend fighting zeds until u get some melee weapons.

"Chainreactor" posted a very useful post above mine. Vaulting fences is a big saviour, i bet most on here didnt know that, neither did i until other day. Also running between houses they tend to give up easily.

Unless you are only interested in pvp, i would also suggest go inland immediately, dont hang around coast. Eventually you will come across a small village without any zeds, and hopefully some food.

What's the point in spending ages trying to escape zombies when you only have a t-shirt! If you die then you might get a better respawn.

Meh must just be me, id rather survive from black and white blurry screen and build myself up to healthy than just take a respawn. Its all about the story of that guy to me, what adversity did he have to overcome to get all the way north. If I just loot up and get up north without much resistance (zed or player) I count it as a boring run ;)

I suggest you practice using dem fists. It's easy to kill a group (3 or less) of zombies with the fists. However, takes quite a bit of practice.

as the title suggests 

i spawn and go to the nearest house to find some food

i hear a zombie

i go outside start punching it as i move in circles

3 more zembies start chasing me, so i run

i cant seem to outrun them

what do i do?

It happens, I found my self spawning in and hearing the character being beaten before I could see anything but the load in screen.  When I did finally see something it was the black "You are unconscious" screen.  I don't even know if it was a zed hitting me or another player (I think it was a player since I didn't hear the zed make any of the usual noises).  I read in the devblog that this is being worked on but we shall see. 

I don't know why everybody is struggeling with zombies as a bambi. As soon a zombie is chasing you, just run into a house and wait for the zombie to follow you. Run out again and shut the door. Works almost everytime. Once I trapped  zombies in one little shed and survived.

Have you considered that  maybe you are not supposed to fight them unarmed?

u think i was trying to fight them?

bro, learn to read