Xicsic

How many hits?

That is why in a real life situation you would die first

In order for me to survive i must kill you

It is a 1 for 1 situation

there isn't a 2 for nothing...

Either you live OR i live.

If you were straving and there was one can of beans in the middle of a room and the other guy is starving i am 101% sure you would not think TWICE before killing him

If you decided to give up your life forsomeone else in this situation please warn everyone in heaven of how dumb you are

The thing is, DayZ doesn't simulate the situation very well with the current health mechanics. In reality, getting into a fight is a major risk; in DayZ, it is not so much.

There's a can of beans in the middle of the room, and two starving strangers facing each other? They would much better off sharing the beans than fighting over it, because fighting carries a major risk of serious injury, even if you win. And carrying round a broken arm or a fractured skull is not a worth the extra few calories you'd get from half a can of beans!

When (if?) DayZ gets more detailed injury systems implemented, it might change people's attitudes towards each other in game. (It might not, but I'd hope so.)

Fucking Christ, people are too busy dogpiling onto this guy to push their view of how DayZ should be played to answer his question.

@OP: Fire axe will kill someone in a few hits, splitting axe a bit more. But the way clothes and vests works as armor can make it take quite a few hits to have any effect.

You need hit him 5-6 times in the head becose he have balistic helmet :p

But you need stop and ask him can you give me some food and go awey  :beans:  :thumbsup:  and maybe is dont kill you 

This game have good people  :D

Good loot and PVP frend

Can we cease the flame war?  The point of the story OP posted was he was killed while trying to stab someone in the back for a scrap of food.  The answer to the question posed is that it really depends on where you hit them, the condition of your weapon, and the condition of their gear.

The funny thing is, you are such a hypocrit lol.

"Stop the flame war"

you where the one who is butt hurt about a server hop

Its the same issue

The thing is, DayZ doesn't simulate the situation very well with the current health mechanics. In reality, getting into a fight is a major risk; in DayZ, it is not so much.

There's a can of beans in the middle of the room, and two starving strangers facing each other? They would much better off sharing the beans than fighting over it, because fighting carries a major risk of serious injury, even if you win. And carrying round a broken arm or a fractured skull is not a worth the extra few calories you'd get from half a can of beans!

When (if?) DayZ gets more detailed injury systems implemented, it might change people's attitudes towards each other in game. (It might not, but I'd hope so.)

Dayz has probably the simplest melee fighting out of any game, reminds me of those Rock em, sock em robots. We dont even have a jumping animation yet. i doubt we will ever see that implemented. And that is a great idea btw. Maybe start of with a simple chance of a wrist sprain if you swing an axe and miss. Causing pain restricting you to opening cans of food loading ammo etc

The funny thing is, you are such a hypocrit lol.

"Stop the flame war"

you where the one who is butt hurt about a server hop

You're as mistaken as you are illiterate. I pointed out that you deserved to die because you attacked someone that wasn't posing a threat to your survival. 

Server Hopper. Killing on sight instead of interacting. Writing 'Hamywobo' (dear god my sides)

I say good riddance.

• Like 1

Server Hopper. Killing on sight instead of interacting. Writing 'Hamywobo' (dear god my sides)

I say good riddance.

It's Kambiwobo. Everyone knows that!

See here:

Haha, karma won today!

The sparkle effect will happen when you hit a player's gear (weapon or axe) for example, you can easily try this, ask your friend to stand still and swing your punches exactly where your friend's weapon is, you'll hear a metalic sound and a sparkle, he won't get damaged. The same is for bullets, they won't give damage if they hit that specific area aswell.

It also works if a player has their weapon out but when they are not at the aiming stance.

Edited by Yazar8

Bandit...ur doing it wrong!

Even a Mil Zombie needs 2 smacks to the head. So  player in mostly pristine gear can take quite a few more!

At this point i had only one way to survive "Either i die or you"

Well, mostly you given the situation.