capitol

1.5.6 Barbed wire kits - Graphical Bug

spotted this and im not sure if its a problem with the game or my video card. the item doing this was a barbed wire fencing kit i picked it up and built the fence and the fence itself was fine just the kit on the floor was spazzing out. the kit itself was halfway through the wall of that shack though.

arma2oa2012051213142649.jpg

Date/Time: 12/5/12 about 3 or 4 PM

Where half way between pogorevka and kozlovka

What: exploring

*Server: AUS2

system specs:

Intel q8400

4gigs of ram

64 bit WIN7

geforce GTX 460

we set up a barb wire on a house doorway after it set up the whole house changed to a "broken" house and the barb wire dissaperd - it was well weird..

Ive seen it too, this bug, is problematic.

I'm too afraid to even set up a wire peremiter around my camp for the fear of the bug being seen miles away.

i updated mod yesterday, played well.

but i've experienced graphic glitch.

when i turn my character to certain direction,

i see lot of gray planes go through my character and it is disturbing.

but when i turn my character to other direction, its gone.

well i have fixed it by re-update my files,

turning off steam and re-login.

but i find it still happending when i go up to higher place like rooftop.

well now its not that disturbing, but hope you guys check on it.

EDIT: I have merged this post/thread as it contains more details on the subject. Thanks animato09.

-jordNZ

i updated mod yesterday' date=' played well.

but i've experienced graphic glitch.

when i turn my character to certain direction,

i see lot of gray planes go through my character and it is disturbing.

but when i turn my character to other direction, its gone.

well i have fixed it by re-update my files,

turning off steam and re-login.

but i find it still happending when i go up to higher place like rooftop.

well now its not that disturbing, but hope you guys check on it.

[b']EDIT: I have merged this post/thread as it contains more details on the subject. Thanks animato09.

-jordNZ

Most likely there was a wire kit spawned nearby from what I can tell, were you near any industrial buildings or sheds that can spawn wire kits?

I can confirm this happened to me as well where a wire kit was available as loot nearby. When I picked up the wire kit, the graphic glitch went away. I have a Radeon 5850 and latest drivers. It hadn't happened to me before the 1.5.7 update

This does seem to be a problem related to wire kits (ones that are lootable, not setup), however v1.5.6 had fixes for some cases of this, so it's still good to let the devs know that the problem still persists with many of you.

yup, never been an issue for me before - 1.5.7 and it pretty much blanks out the whole screen when bug appears.

Radeon HD 5830 - Catalyst 11.5

I'm getting them now! I wasn't yesterday on 1.5.7! I have a GTX 9800 and this has never happened to me before, even when other people were complaining about it.

Also, I couldn't get through some of the glitch areas, thinking maybe the deployed fences were glitched for me too?

Happens to me too; been seeing it for the last few updates at least, including 1.5.7. Radeon 5850, windows 7 x64. Notably, it's intermittent: some days I can see spawned/dropped wire kits just fine, other days they're huge distorted messes of vertices spasming all over the world. Deployed wire fences are usually fine, though I recall seeing a rare (much smaller scale) glitch from those in the past.

Happening for me aswell. 1.56 was fine for the most part came across several kits and deployed wires with no problems.

Started bugging out day before 1.57 and continued since, havent changed anything (Win7, ATI 5850 ver 12.4). Its a nightmare to go anywhere near places these spawn as i cant see anything but grey polys extruding everywhere.

FYI I fixed the bug by checking the game cache for ARMA 2 OA and it said 1 file was missing or corrupt. The fence kits no longer create a graphical glitch for me.

FYI I fixed the bug by checking the game cache for ARMA 2 OA and it said 1 file was missing or corrupt. The fence kits no longer create a graphical glitch for me.

Could you provide details?

Checking the games cache - how?

What file was missing?

What did you do to replace it?

I can confirm fixing the graphical glitch with wire kits by validating the game cache using Steam. It detected two errors and automatically fixed them. Afterwards I had to reinstall BattlEye but no longer saw the glitches!

Right click ArmA 2 -> Properties -> Local Files then click the button that says 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' and wait for it to do it's thing