Sign in to follow this  
bushwaka

Not played for a long while......

...not gonna bore with the usual whats been added/bugs sorted etc, questions.

What I wanna know is what happened with the infamous "Green Mountain" episodes? Was that famous broadcast on a certain server a fake? Are there strange goings-on up there or was it a load of old B******S?

Regards...

Was that famous broadcast on a certain server a fake? Are there strange goings-on up there or was it a load of old B******S?

Regards...

Are you a true believer? 

Are you a true believer? 

God knows, never had the minerals to log on that late at night and go up there myself :o

You've said to much already, 15 good men went up there only 2 came back.

oh nos! scared-smiley-face.gif

You've said to much already, 15 good men went up there only 2 came back.

One of them won't talk ever, and the other one lives on the roof of the Church in Cherno and shoots at anyone who comes near.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

and the other one lives on the roof of the Church in Cherno and shoots at anyone who comes near.

Thats 95% of the players on here!  ;)

• Like 2

My last (And mind you my VERY LAST one) I had three guys with me go up there to try and hear these infamous broadcasts. When we arrived, we realized the radio was ruined... Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Next, after looting the place (Who doesn't want some good haunted goodies) my friend's legs just randomly gave out on him. Bug you say? Nay, it is Green Mountain's warning. So we put a bullet through him, no risks shall be taken, we took what we could, and left.

Later that night our friend found us again and we think he was possessed for he started screaming some gibberish and tried killing us when we handed him a gun. I swear Green Mountain is cursed

• Like 1

I've heard strange noises, seen unusual lights, and have seen many a good man go to the revered tower and never return.

The spirit of skat3rat haunts the tower to this day.

In one of the videos there was a man that would lay between 2 bushes late at night off the highway west of elektro. When survivors approached they would hear the man mumbling. But as soon as they got close he would go silent and just watch them. He never tried to attack anyone, but if they stared at him he would move around and snap branches off the bushes. Sort of like he was uncomfortable.

• Like 1

I was there today at night, I didn't even plan it. Just happend to be night and I happend to be going that route. Looted the place, was dissappointing I found only a beret and stuff. I heard and saw nothing, like any other part of the game.

And just so you guys know, creepypasta stories are not creepy or scary unless it's true.

shortly after all of that, every radio in Chernarus stopped working.

The truth can be scarier than any fiction..

I was there today at night, I didn't even plan it. Just happend to be night and I happend to be going that route. Looted the place, was dissappointing I found only a beret and stuff. I heard and saw nothing, like any other part of the game.

And just so you guys know, creepypasta stories are not creepy or scary unless it's true.

Go up to the top of the tower and log out

When you log in again see where you are

you might be ok - i aint promising you anything "not true"  is gonna happen

Go up to the top of the tower and log out

When you log in again see where you are

you might be ok - i aint promising you anything "not true"  is gonna happen

And what does that do? I didn't log out but I was at the top.

<<Log out at the top of Green Mountain tower, see what happens when you log back in>>

And what does that do? I didn't log out but I was at the top.

well - I don't blame you for not trying it

Green mountain broadcasts have never been proven and there have been attempts at catching these transmitions. The attempts egzist recorded on youtube. People have been sitting there for hours trying to catch the broadcast at the certain minute of the hour.

All attempts failed but have they done it correctly, who knows. The testings have not proven the egzistance of the broadcasts. They also did not prove the broadcasts do not egzist.

Interestingly, nobody dared to recreate the experiment during the night. All testings were done in broad daylight. Even back in the Mod this place gave people the chills. And for no reason it seemed.

Here is my experience when I first went to the Green Mountain several years ago during the Mod dayz.

First the approach. I can see the tower from far away. My thinking was "It should be a good place to make a base. A safe house. Military protection. Radio tower must be able to broadcast something. Radios are good. I will go check it out". The thought of something going on there, good or bad, keeps me on my guard as I am crossing big open space of the surrounding valley. The big open space. Does not help with tension. It is like I am being watched from 100 different sides.

I finnaly enter the woods. "Safety" I think. I go deeper. The sunlight barelly struggles to reach the ground here. "Did someone saw me enter the woods? If they saw me in the valley they must know I am here now" I talk to myself like I am talking to a buddy. Shhhhhh... I hear something. Noise. Leaves moving. "What the hell is that shape there? Is that someone there!?"...fucks sake it is a bush..." I press on thinking "Haha that was a good scare, not as if I would admit that to anyone, but it was a good scare." Now there is no turning back. And there is still a good way to get to the top.

I carefully scout the tower from the edge of the treeline. The only enterance to the compound is located in the front - even creeping through the broken concrete wall is not possible without that 50 meter dash towards the main gate. "Better than staying in the treeline" I think and as I separate myself from the last pine tree - a feeling of relief starts to calm over me because sunlight brightens the ground again.

Sprinting. Running. Noise of equipment cluttering. I am at the gate.

And then I see it.

Terrifying sight of pile of two dozen bodies. Human dead meat in military uniforms twisted in agony. Fear goes through every bone in my body. I have seen it before, civilians, but here.. My heart is sweating. Feeling of helplessness. This was suppose to be safe haven. High point that is easy to defend. Radio tower. It can be used for emergency broadcasts. Big radio tower. Safety. Radios are good, aren't they? I go from calm to numb with fear. Death is running to get me. If two dozen dead soldiers are now pilled up on the ground like nothing, who am I to survive at this horrible place. I feel eyes on me. Death. Running towards me in any second from any direction. I began moving erratically, looking over my shoulders...

I give myself a mental slap on the face to get my shit together. The sun is shining but I do not feel safe like before. In fact the opposite. "Mortal danger" sweeps through my mind as I take one last glance at the pile of bodies, what once were the guardians of this overrrun base. Flies hovering in a post-death frenzy creep me out.

Not coming back.

Edited by Calvin Candie