Sign in to follow this  
CJ_14

My sad story

I spawned like everyone at the coast, made my way to a couple of towns, got gear, fought a couple of sons of bitches and won, fought for food, hunted, scavenge, crawled with broken bones, loss several litres of blood, regain them, fix my limbs, went uncounscious, woke up, explored, killed zombies, got my gear ruined, found new one, customized my weapons...

Only to die of dehydration trying to find a base in the woods, fucking map.

• Like 1

If a zombie apocalypse would really occur irl, a lot of people would die in such shamefull ways don't you think? If it can cheer you up, last time I died was from running down a hill then slide like those olympic ski jumpers onto glitchy rocks, the reception was my demise.

• Like 5

If a zombie apocalypse would really occur irl, a lot of people would die in such shamefull ways don't you think? If it can cheer you up, last time I died was from running down a hill then slide like those olympic ski jumpers onto glitchy rocks, the reception was my demise.

lol.

I consider myself to be a somewhat experienced player. Well traveled and able to adapt to most situations. In short, I can survive.

Most of my mishaps however are due to poor or sometimes stupid decisions. Not considering a situation clearly enough or rushing into locations without properly scouting out the 'lay of the land' etc. 

I find most deaths come due to 'dropping my guard' and is usually because I team up with others and fall into the false sense of security category. ie: I tend to survive longer alone and being alone leads to me making more thought out decisions. More planning and more stealth. Of course there sometimes is safety in numbers especially in a fire-fight. That being said, it's not always possible to engage an invisible (hidden) enemy laying in wait.

My 2 cents.

You playing on stable 0.50? 

I'm sure most people are dying from dehydration on that build since the wells don't work.

• Like 1

You playing on stable 0.50? 

I'm sure most people are dying from dehydration on that build since the wells don't work.

Still shouldnt be a problem as far as my opinion is concerned, If you're repeatedly dying from dehydration then its not that hard to google a map of chernarus and plan your journeys around some of the other water sources, Thats what my group's been doing and its kept us alive so far.

Most of my mishaps however are due to poor or sometimes stupid decisions. Not considering a situation clearly enough or rushing into locations without properly scouting out the 'lay of the land' etc. 

These are the most common reason why people die. Especially rushing into a city without prior scouting. people can be everywhere in this game (as most of them will play similar to you, means running at the edge of forests etc) so one should REALLY take care for his/her surroundings for every single second in this game.

Military bases on broken loot servers are a great place to run into players. Be wary oogling over the piles of loot. I got ambushed doing that today and killed another while he was doing the same. Luckily the aggressor missed 40 times and I was able to get away and kill him easily as he dealt with zombie agro. He had 35 rounds left in his drum haha

People still die of dehydration?

I have only died of dehydration once. This was on my very first character when i decided to just run straight ahead into the woods to see where i end up.

Now that i know the map i always make sure i get to a pound, river or a well and i always drink even if my hydration is light green. I never carry a water bottle or a canteen because water is everywhere and are easy to find. Especially now that the wells are working again.

I spawned like everyone at the coast, made my way to a couple of towns, got gear, fought a couple of sons of bitches and won, fought for food, hunted, scavenge, crawled with broken bones, loss several litres of blood, regain them, fix my limbs, went uncounscious, woke up, explored, killed zombies, got my gear ruined, found new one, customized my weapons...

Yeah it's funny; Sometimes when your forgot about something it could be a dead end.

• Like 1

Always stock pile enough food and water before going out into the world, at least enough to make it to another town or pool. C'mon dude, you sound like you know how to play too...

These are the survival basics, it matters little what you do in between eating and drinking.

• Like 1

Still shouldnt be a problem as far as my opinion is concerned, If you're repeatedly dying from dehydration then its not that hard to google a map of chernarus and plan your journeys around some of the other water sources, Thats what my group's been doing and its kept us alive so far.

I am of the ilk that don't like to use maps or any source to guide my progress. Not that I have a problem with those that do, but for me it takes away from the game experience.

I haven't died of dehydration yet but I am finding thirst hard to manage for the first time. 

Ouuch, me and my friend almost had the same thing happen. We were going to a deerstand, and found a base loaded with guns and ammo. We were so preoccupied we didn't notice our characters were practically dying. When we both got the "I am dying of dehydration message" we made a full on sprint down the hill, screen very grey, blurry, we stumble onto a pond, and drink and drink and drink, apply some saline, and were good to go :D

I do know how to play...decently at least, but I never thought I'd get lost up north. I got confused and ended up somewhere with no ponds, towns or even zombies...just trees lol. Was fun though. 

I do know how to play...decently at least, but I never thought I'd get lost up north. I got confused and ended up somewhere with no ponds, towns or even zombies...just trees lol. Was fun though. 

Look for water in places where it would be IRL. In valleys and drainage's there are often small pools of water.

• Like 1

Look for water in places where it would be IRL. In valleys and drainage's there are often small pools of water.

Pretty much. The only reason you can't find water is because you aren't looking particularly hard for it.

Pretty much. The only reason you can't find water is because you aren't looking particularly hard for it.

Or because he's in the NW corner of the map and the ruts and gullies you mentioned are not fully developed (no water).

Or because he's in the NW corner of the map and the ruts and gullies you mentioned are not fully developed (no water).

Then......get out of there, or bring water with you?

It isn't a "sad story" of survival if you actively are the reason you died.

Then......get out of there, or bring water with you?

It isn't a "sad story" of survival if you actively are the reason you died.

Not everyone has taken land navigation and knows how to get unlost. Using the online map instead of the in game map to navigate doesn't help either.

Not everyone has taken land navigation and knows how to get unlost. Using the online map instead of the in game map to navigate doesn't help either.

Easy, don't leave the roads. Even the "new" towns up the northwest have signage.  And, Chernarus is developed enough so that you can, with the exception of the end of the map ( The Debug Plains, but once you hit them just follow the edge and you are golden), turn in almost any direction and run, and you will come across a road eventually. (Much like New England). 

Also, go downhill. 

I think it was the movie world war Z or something, But wasn't there like a scene were a guy trips on the ramp of a cargo plane and smashes his head open? talk about a shameful way to go....

I think it was the movie world war Z or something, But wasn't there like a scene were a guy trips on the ramp of a cargo plane and smashes his head open? talk about a shameful way to go....

Yeah you're right! ... I think. Wasn't he the scientist with a possible cure to all of it?

Edited by GrandHeron

Yeah you're right! ... I think. Wasn't he the scientist with a possible cure to all of it?

I don't know. I haven't even seen the whole movie,(lol) I just saw a few minutes of it when my little brother was watching it.

Edited by smatdude13