Sign in to follow this  
smatdude13

I found a RangeFinder!

I'm not sure if lots of people have already found range finders, But I thought I should contribute a few pictures!

(I found it in a barrack building, but I'm unsure if the guy I killed had just dropped it.)

Ill add some pictures of me using it in a bit.

iIl0CYG.jpgLYqGMOU.jpg

Edited by smatdude13

Hope you remembered to get a battery ;)

Hope you remembered to get a battery ;)

I just tested it, at first I thought It didn't work, but then I realized it needed a battery. fortunately, this life I was planning on doing some walkie talkie testing and I needed batteries for walkie talkies, so yeah. I was good. Heres some pics of me using it anyway. Turns out you have to scope in, then hit tab and press measure distance. I would have thought for that to be a scroll key thing.

2nIzU2C.jpgFOssgYZ.jpgpOPDNHe.jpg

Not to sound like a douche, but it isn't really that amazing, 0.5 has been out for a while now and I'm sure many people have seen them (I have seen a few myself)

Anyway, glad you finally found one... welcome to the party :P

Thanks for sharing :) 

Quick question --> do you guys know the spawnpoints of the rangefinders?
It isn't barracks only isn't it? Or military only?

And while we're at it --> what's the max range that thing is working for?

Thanks & cheers

Edited by re-patch

I just tested it, at first I thought It didn't work, but then I realized it needed a battery. fortunately, this life I was planning on doing some walkie talkie testing and I needed batteries for walkie talkies, so yeah. I was good. Heres some pics of me using it anyway. Turns out you have to scope in, then hit tab and press measure distance. I would have thought for that to be a scroll key thing.

I can active it simply via the use key, press once for the prompt and again to take the measurement.

I found one too. Actually onl minutes after starting to play on 0.50.

As far as the walkie talkie testing goes: Just scratch that. It's a waste of time and space since it just does not work. You can change channels all you want and also switch it on and off you will still only be able to talk in direct chat. I think the functionailty was removed soon after they patched it in, because ever since I have DayZ SA (since patch 0.36 I believe) the walkie talkie is a nonfunctional object.

• Like 1

The range finder is crap. Make it so when I press the "fire" button it displays a readout on the scope, you know, like a real range finder works?

do you guys know the spawnpoints of the rangefinders?

It isn't barracks only isn't it? Or military only?

And while we're at it --> what's the max range that thing is working for?

Is 950 - 1050 still working correctly?

no one? :)

Yeah I can't quite remember where, but I only go to boring places, and even I found one :P

Probably in a police house. But I had no use for it so I just left it.

I had one till 2 hackers ripped it from my cold dead hands. Worked quite well for what I needed it for.

Unless you're a sniper or part of a sniper team, how much real use is it? I have a powered one somewhere, but have never used it in practice.