Sign in to follow this  
ToySmokes

Grab the apple

So what if when you for example, pick up items, close or open a door or enter a vehicle. You have to go through a full animation. Like actually grabbing the apple, push the door or open the cars door and sitting down inthe chair. (Now you would of corse be able to stop right in the animation). I don't know if the developers will implement this. But if they (or you) didn't think of it, I thought of it. It would make everything feel more realistic and you would also feel more like your actually in the game.

This is of corse something that they can do just before the final game. This is just a polishing thing. Things like zombie AI and bugs ect comes in first place. But when all that is fixed, this would be fantastic to have in the game!

Thoughts?

• Like 1

You mean door opening like in e.g. Far Cry? It would definitly look good (as long as you can cancel it by just walking) but especially for the doors I prefer the old suggestion being able to open the door a little bit via an action key + mouse dragging.

I liked how doors worked in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Make them like that. 

Edited by Rags

You mean door opening like in e.g. Far Cry? It would definitly look good (as long as you can cancel it by just walking) but especially for the doors I prefer the old suggestion being able to open the door a little bit via an action key + mouse dragging.

I liked how doors worked in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Make them like that.

Yes maybe like amnesia. Something like that. But not exactly. You should still see you hand actually grabbing the doorknob or what ever. Not just magically open it :)

Would greatly slow the game down, and ruin combat. Especially if there is no animation blending. If you have to holster your weapon, go up to a door, open it using both hands. During combat? No thanks.

In real life you'd hold a gun and open with the other hand and I actually really doubt that will be implemented smoothly. Another factor is that people would abuse this.

Getting shot at? Run into a house, close all doors and camp a door. The person opening it is screwed if he does it on the one you're camping. He's in an animation and you get a free kill. So again, no thanks.

Something like Amnesia: The Dark Descend would be awesome where you can open doors slowly (with no animations of the character as it is in the game) but you can open it by holding the use button on it and opening as much as you want. To just take a peak or to open entirely.

• Like 1

I would like also to be able to walk when eating... I can do that why cant my character do it as well? :P 

A left hand pushing forward to push or interact with doors, while your gun is in your right hand. And yes in such situations a pistol is much more practical.

Maybe a kick animation, violently swinging open the door when holding a two handed weapon.

Yes I find fences, doors and other world interactions magically swinging open immersion breaking moments.

Animation blending should be in there, as well as a speeding up of the current animations, because at the moment it looks like my character takes all the time in the world to do anything during my dangerous stressful Dayz life. Which is also immersion breaking.

Maybe we ask and expect to much from the BI team, and they cannot close the gap with the high levels of Farcry in regard to use animations?

A left hand pushing forward to push or interact with doors, while your gun is in your right hand. And yes in such situations a pistol is much more practical.

Maybe a kick animation, violently swinging open the door when holding a two handed weapon.

Yes I find fences, doors and other world interactions magically swinging open immersion breaking

Good idea! Would be realy nice. And that's exactly my point. It breaks the immersion so much. It doesn't have to be a full animation. Maybe just like in amnesia, BUT you can see your hand on the door ect. You can stop opening the door at any time. This would also allow sneak peeking. Also the grab effect when you pick stuff up.

Would greatly slow the game down, and ruin combat. Especially if there is no animation blending. If you have to holster your weapon, go up to a door, open it using both hands. During combat? No thanks.

It doesn't have to be a long animation like in Far Cry. It can be Like in amnesia. You can move the door how ever you want BUT the hand is on the door. Only one hand though. You can always hold a gun. And as Troll_Hunter said. When you want to open the door quick. Do it violently and maybe kick the door in. It would be loud and maybe attract Zeus. But at least you didn't get shot. Imagine how the game would play out with something like this!

I don't think having to wait to go through an animation is a great idea. Just have your hand move to the doorknob really briefly while it's opening, or something